Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Upside down trees

Q-C

It is reported that the upside down tress are the way a male BF "marks" his territory. That had to be a huge BF to be able to pull the tress up and then plant them upside down. I hope to never encounter him..

It bothers me that there is so much false belief based on faulty/inaccurate information when it comes to Bigfoot.

SusiQ: from your posts on BFF and elsewhere you seem to be one of the genuinely nice people of Bigfoot Research with never a bad word to say about anyone - not even against the hardcore skeptics. I'm interested to know if this discussion has changed your perception/interpretation of upside down trees as Bigfoot territory markers and whether you will help educate your associates.

Even if it is a regional phenomenon it is a place for researchers to start looking. If a male marks his territory he will survey his territory eventually.

I wonder though are any of these upside down trees found in avalanche zones or chutes?

The land purchased for the Glacial Gardens in Juneau had been the site of a landslide due to heavy rains and snow melt. But it was the man who cleared the area who stuck a tree upside down and eventually turned it and others into "Flower Towers". It did not mention he found any this way.

However, Prince of Wales, or anywhere else, I don't know.

You would need machinery to do this, full stop. The inverted trees on Prince of Wales island are so close to the Glacial Gardens in Juneau that they most likely are related.

Maybe they practiced on a few trees on the island before doing it in the Glacial Gardens.

How could anyone asume bigfoot because of this?

You would need machinery to do this, full stop. The inverted trees on Prince of Wales island are so close to the Glacial Gardens in Juneau that they most likely are related.

Maybe they practiced on a few trees on the island before doing it in the Glacial Gardens.

How could anyone asume bigfoot because of this?

Very logical, DKO

Supposedly he was mad about costs at the time he was clearing the land and just stuck a tree in the ground with the equipment he was using and later adding flowers--- viola! the Flower Towers were born.

Maybe he was/or had been a logger and had seen someone stick a tree upside before? Or, knew how it was done. Or, he had done it himself. Maybe he had worked as a logger on Prince of Wales island?

As far as believing bigfoot did this?

I seem to ask that a lot about all things bigfoot.

The tv episode said they are thought to live there. So, it would be an irresistible Bunyanesque bigfoot story.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Maybe bigfoot shot JFK too?

You may be onto something - Bigfoot is also known to use displays of aggression in order to defend its territory and Texas is a known habitat of Bigfoot...

Perhaps it is the 'footers who are conspiring to suppress the truth:

threadclosedp.jpg

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225034&st=75

That right there makes me, well, speechless.................

Somebody probably told somebody that somebody was blabbing her mouth and skirting the edges of her NDA, so the OP had to request to have it taken down. lol the funny part is that everything is all right there...just nobody can add anything else. So maybe it was all for drama's sake to begin with - a clever ruse to drum up interest in the supposed disclosure. If Bigfoot existed this whole thing would smell like squatch scat to me.

Somebody probably told somebody that somebody was blabbing her mouth and skirting the edges of her NDA, so the OP had to request to have it taken down. lol the funny part is that everything is all right there...just nobody can add anything else. So maybe it was all for drama's sake to begin with - a clever ruse to drum up interest in the supposed disclosure. If Bigfoot existed this whole thing would smell like squatch scat to me.

Well , to me it was someone wanting attention, and lying to get it..........

And they are getting exactly what they wanted......

Maybe I have a friend with information on area 51 :blush:

If you think that hasn't been bandied about by footers, you'd be wrong.

I believe the theory is alien assassination. :wacko:

As far as Ms. DNA kit closing her thread, I think she may have bit off more than she could chew (answer).

Edited by QuiteContrary

Here I was thinking this would be a boaboa thread. Check this link - Redwood National park LINK - go to the last picture on the page. It seems to be more common than not. I know some tree ferns have an extended rhizome and are planted upside down when being relocated.

The Tree fern I find markedly interesting as well as very aesthetically pleasing. They have also long been associated with mystical animals. The tree fern Cibotium barometz, from China and Malaysia, is a short fern with a distinctive furry trunk. The rhizome, which is turned upside down, was mistaken early on as the "vegetable lamb", a strange beast that was thought to be half animal and half plant.

scan0029-small.JPG

250px-Starr_040713-0079_Cibotium_menziesii.jpg

Vegetable_lamb_%28Lee%2C_1887%29.jpg

@ psyche101

Yes, I found several images of the upside down tree in Fern Canyon. Apparently it tumbled down and impaled itself in the creek bed.

Thanks for the link.

Another explanation and no bigfoot involved.

Those "gorillas" on Prince of Wales Island must be up to something else besides tree flipping.

@ psyche101

Yes, I found several images of the upside down tree in Fern Canyon. Apparently it tumbled down and impaled itself in the creek bed.

Thanks for the link.

Another explanation and no bigfoot involved.

Those "gorillas" on Prince of Wales Island must be up to something else besides tree flipping.

Most welcome :D

I actually wondered if that was how that particular tree ended up like that. Funny, that was what I was thinking.

Gee, they would want to be some decent sized gorillas wouldn't they!

BtAK....what is your thinking with the avalanche zone or chute thing? Got knocked over by avalanche/rockslide you mean?

Yeah , while its doubtful that a tree would land upside down like that as a result of an avalanche, it would mean that the tree's roots had been dislodged therefore neither super strength nor machinery would be required to place them upside down. Just a couple of drunk teens could pull that off just fine.

• 9 months later...

Same community, society, or group of elite, creative, and wealthy people who have nothing better to do with their time and money pull the strings necessary to pull off these pranks and hoaxes. Crop circles, UFO sightings, strange sounds, you name it. They are a "Hollywood-like" production organization and they are doing nothing more than making their own entertainment for the masses "us" to wonder if there is more to life than the boring and mundane.

Same community, society, or group of elite, creative, and wealthy people who have nothing better to do with their time and money pull the strings necessary to pull off these pranks and hoaxes. Crop circles, UFO sightings, strange sounds, you name it. They are a "Hollywood-like" production organization and they are doing nothing more than making their own entertainment for the masses "us" to wonder if there is more to life than the boring and mundane.

Why do you think the wealthy 'elite' are doing these things? I doubt they could be bothered to go out and rip trees out of the ground then re-plant them upside down, or to make crop circles.

All the videos of people making crop circles look like average Joe's, not super wealthy.

Why do you think the wealthy 'elite' are doing these things? I doubt they could be bothered to go out and rip trees out of the ground then re-plant them upside down, or to make crop circles.

All the videos of people making crop circles look like average Joe's, not super wealthy.

That's what the Illuminati/Reptilians/Hollywood wants you to believe.

That's what the Illuminati/Reptilians/Hollywood wants you to believe.

Damn. They got to me.

Funny, the last time I saw a crop circle created, it was by two rednecks with a 2x4 and some rope.

Not really a wealthy and elite society.

Damn. They got to me.

DKO, your avatar cracks me up! Looks like I feel most days...

What is it? A young ostrich?

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

DKO, your avatar cracks me up! Looks like I feel most days...

What is it? A young ostrich?

Nah it's an Emu, the Australian version. Funny looking birds.

profile_9_600.jpg

emu_1391126i.jpg

• Like 1

Aha! I thought Emu at first, but got them mixed up and thought Ostrich=Australia Emu=Africa.

Such an odd fellow...looks part kangaroo (legs)

Anyway, what a face!

Edited by QuiteContrary

Can't see the vid anymore. But I remember a tree surgeon telling me that 1 cubic metre of timber weighs around a tonne. So large trees being uprooted and then spun around? Naahhhhhhh come on.

Aha! I thought Emu at first, but got them mixed up and thought Ostrich=Australia Emu=Africa.

Such an odd fellow...looks part kangaroo (legs)

Anyway, what a face!

I can't find a good photo but sometimes they can look like these plants:

77_grasstreeunprunnedw331h500.jpg?w=331&h=500