Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO filmed from plane over Seoul

It doesn't look 1-dimensional.

How do you know it's fake?

I don't. Just my opinion as I need more evidence. Thisvis just too... Convenient

keenu, I find it hilarious when hypocrites like you accuse people of being closed-minded when they're drawing their conclusions from the evidence presented, while in the meantime, you disregard the evidence and conclude that it's as likely to be real as any completely unrelated sighting. It's an obvious fake. You're the one being closed-minded, because you're ignoring the obvious in favor of what you prefer to believe. All of us here have the inclination to believe. We're just not willing to close our minds in order to do so.

well said!

hmm going back over thread I couldnt find two? who are they?

Hee Hee,Just a wind up friend,believe in what you must, ABBA believe in Angels ,they sing it in a song,but never underestimate believers as one day they may be proved right,then we shall all have "egg on face".I guess I am agnostic...cheers

Hee Hee,Just a wind up friend,believe in what you must, ABBA believe in Angels ,they sing it in a song,but never underestimate believers as one day they may be proved right,then we shall all have "egg on face".I guess I am agnostic...cheers

:rolleyes:

I am on that side of the fence myself, but I would hate to see people with 'egg on face' :w00t:

:rolleyes:

I am on that side of the fence myself, but I would hate to see people with 'egg on face' :w00t:

Well in South or North Korea just put a little Kim-chee on that egg&face This will at least make it ok to eat !

justDONTEATUS. :tu:

Its a fake, end of story.

How insightful. Thanks!

Well in South or North Korea just put a little Kim-chee on that egg&face This will at least make it ok to eat !

justDONTEATUS. :tu:

Dont you mean Egg ,Flied Lice ?

I dunno, looks pretty good too me. Could be real. I dont see anything that jumps out as fake to me.

Im on the fence, I dont have enough CGI knowledge to decide if its real or not. But I guess its most likely fake like the rest...

Video is no longer a viable means for incident validation. Indeed the expectation is that it has been doctored in some manner. So, research methods dictate the criteria for validation within any discipline. And, certainly research methods need to be identified for this type of ufo investigation. What would have this viable ... perhaps video from air and ground with corroborating radar and testimony from multiple credible sources. Need respectable methodology to deal with this type of investigation.

Well in South or North Korea just put a little Kim-chee on that egg&face This will at least make it ok to eat !justDONTEATUS. :tu:

funny :tu:

Dont you mean Egg ,Flied Lice ?

even funnier :lol:

i dare 1 of you guys make the same video... talking about all the stuff you know about what is fake and what is real ... and how easy it is to create something like that.

are all the skeptic , experts in this field? . ( camera .photoshop and name it?.

you guys really talk like you know everything about video or image editing..

now make the same video and proof to me that you skeptic guys knows what you are talking about.!

btw. dont call in steven spielberg .

make me something that i cant c its neither fake or real .. like this 1 .. eh ?

than i believe you guys are pro's at video editing.

and if you cant.. please dont ever talk like you know ..

Ah for **** sake people.. honestly!!!??

This video is fake. Now I shall explain in impeccable detail as to why it is fake, read on. First and foremost I am believer

At first glance I thought instantly... this is a bad fake but I always give the video chance just in case my initial opinion is wrong I watch it in detail to find exactly what my honed eye saw the first time. I am a film enthusiast and over the years of playing games and watching movie and making movies I can spot post production a mile away. In fact I hate seeing it in movies unless it's done well. Most people don't even realize that half of their favorite shows are filmed with using a lot of green screen.

Anyway let's get down to business. Firstly the big give away is the zoom. The original footage is a tiny bit shaky, the zoom however is way too smooth and too calculated. The zoom is completely independent to the original footage. It looks like the zoom zooms in on shaky footage. You'd tell if the zoom is authentic because it would show in the shake of the footage. You have to handle the camera differently in order to zoom. The zoom moves around the original footage very inhuman like and the end is the most obvious because the camera comes to a sudden stop. That would be impossible to do hand held. Just watch from 10:00 to 12:00 the camera pans diagonally then stops dead with amazing precision.

Another thing is that the zoom is a digital zoom. There are two type of zooms on a camera, there is a digital zoom and an optical zoom. Optical zoom uses the glass in the lens to move and bend light in order zoom in on an object much like a telescope. Digital zoom however is the camera artificially zooming in on an image, this is exactly like zooming in on a picture until you see all the colored squares called pixels which make up the image.

This footage uses digital zoom. There are two ways to digital zoom footage, the camera does it, or you do it the editing program. Due to the nature zoom and movement of the panning of the camera while zoomed the zoom is defiantly caused in post production. I can even see on the original footage that it's a digital zoom. The zoom is fake and has all the characteristics of being fake.

The sound used on the footage reminds me of the Jerusalem dome footage which was also fake. The sound could have been taken from anywhere on YouTube and put on the footage. I'm done with dissecting this, watch this and be amazed

lol are you comparing . a bilion company production from movies .? . to show that this single video is fake?and how easy it is to fake it?

and the information u got there. u can find it everywhere .. try google .. = what do i need to know when to buy a camera ..? lol your funny.

i got 1 word for you = NOOOOOOOB . yeah impossible is a word specially made for NOOOOOOBS .

ah damn i play to much starcraft lol .NOOOOOOB ..yeah you

I have to agree, if half ofyou knwo so much, then pleas,e produce something thats of the same quality and authenticity. If some of you know so much.

On a personal note, looks pretty real, doesnt mean its a UFO, could be a prototype for a new type of aircraft. :)

technologically, how far ahead are korea from the western world?

I have to agree, if half ofyou knwo so much, then pleas,e produce something thats of the same quality and authenticity. If some of you know so much.

On a personal note, looks pretty real, doesnt mean its a UFO, could be a prototype for a new type of aircraft. :)

technologically, how far ahead are korea from the western world?

For the answer to that one, just ask yourself how many rockets they have successfully managed to launch!

edit....spelling :blush:

Edited by Englishgent

For the answer to that one, just ask yourself how many rockets they have successfully managed to launch!

edit....spelling :blush:

edit my spelling, No I wont. Sometimes I type too quickly and its easy to make mistakes.

How many rockets?

Although this article is dated:

I doubt much has changed since then. Now I dont know anything about Korea's history with regards to rockets and im not going to look it up either. So what your saying is, the more rockets you launch, the more advanced you are in the field of 'Aircrafts'. As that is what I said, nothing to do with rockets as your presuming?

edit my spelling, No I wont. Sometimes I type too quickly and its easy to make mistakes.

How many rockets?

Although this article is dated:

I doubt much has changed since then. Now I dont know anything about Korea's history with regards to rockets and im not going to look it up either. So what your saying is, the more rockets you launch, the more advanced you are in the field of 'Aircrafts'. As that is what I said, nothing to do with rockets as your presuming?

I did not ask you to edit your spelling.

I edited my own text to correct a mistake. It is customary to state what has been edited. That way you cannot be accused of adding or subtracting from the text after a reply may have been given.

As for them being advanced in aircraft (or rockets), they certainly are not as advanced as those countries which have been designing aircraft for the last century. Unless of course, they have access to some alien technolgy :rolleyes:

edit.....by the way, I was refering to the very recent demise of North Korea's latest rocket

Edited by Englishgent

I did not ask you to edit your spelling.

I edited my own text to correct a mistake. It is customary to state what has been edited. That way you cannot be accused of adding or subtracting from the text after a reply may have been given.

As for them being advanced in aircraft (or rockets), they certainly are not as advanced as those countries which have been designing aircraft for the last century. Unless of course, they have access to some alien technolgy :rolleyes:

edit.....by the way, I was refering to the very recent demise of North Korea's latest rocket

We have very different customs here in Ireland ;)

Yes I briefly seen the article on the failed attempt. Yet you must still be confused.

I said:

could be a prototype for a new type of aircraft

I said nothing about rockets or the building of rockets or any type of space orientated craft. That was your presumption.

What I was referring to in the quoted statement was that due to Korea's technologically advance society as with compared to some parts of the world. Perhaps the craft in the video was a Prototype. Do I have to say 'Aircraft again'?

Its true that countires that have been building rockets for the last few decades would of course naturally have a better understanding and knowledge on the matter. However, didnt say anything in my first post about rockets. :sleepy:

We have very different customs here in Ireland ;)

Yes I briefly seen the article on the failed attempt. Yet you must still be confused.

I said:

I said nothing about rockets or the building of rockets or any type of space orientated craft. That was your presumption.

What I was referring to in the quoted statement was that due to Korea's technologically advance society as with compared to some parts of the world. Perhaps the craft in the video was a Prototype. Do I have to say 'Aircraft again'?

Its true that countires that have been building rockets for the last few decades would of course naturally have a better understanding and knowledge on the matter. However, didnt say anything in my first post about rockets. :sleepy:

I agree, you never mentioned rockets. However, those countries who are developing new aircraft are generally the same ones who are developing space technology. Quite often the two go hand in hand, specially when experimenting with new types of propulsion etc.

Does this sort out the confusion? :)

i dare 1 of you guys make the same video...

Which guys? And why exactly would you ask 'them' to do that, when stuff like this exists:

A 'Best-of' list of cgi-fake ufo videos

Are you unaware that almost all of those were produced by amateurs with quite basic editing programs? Are you also unaware that fully operational video editing suites, inc. motion tracking, etc, are legally available free? (*see below)

Yes, it takes some level of skill to create a properly lit, shaded, detailed craft with matching noise (and other) characteristics. But the video in question doesn't contain anything much like that - it's a small moving blob, has no significant detail whatsoever, and is, frankly a complete and utter waste of time given it has virtually no provenance whatsoever, and we have no access to the real original footage.

Why are YOU making these requests of others, when it is clear that you don't even recognise that the footage is obviously not original, and is of exceptionally poor quality? What would a cgi version prove to you, and why would your approval mean anything? I think it's time YOU stopped asking others to show their expertise, and you justified yours. As for me, I most certainly wouldn't waste my time generating a cgi version of that dreck simply because someone without the requisite knowledge wanted it.

are all the skeptic , experts in this field? . ( camera .photoshop and name it?.

No, they aren't all experts, but some folks here are very talented indeed. Am I? Judge me on other posts I make, both here and elsewhere. Are you? Judging by these posts, no, you are not.

you guys really talk like you know everything about video or image editing..

Well perhaps they know significantly more than you..

Why don't *you* enlighten us, and tell us in technical terms why you find this compelling? What, in your expert opinion, would make this difficult to hoax via cgi using say, After Effects (or Jahshaka*, or ..)? I'm happy to do that, but.. YOU first.

And if you cant.. please dont ever talk like you know .. Hmm, where have I heard that before.. oh yes, you said it.

Edited by Chrlzs

However, those countries who are developing new aircraft are generally the same ones who are developing space technology.

Provide evidence please. :)

Quite often the two go hand in hand, specially when experimenting with new types of propulsion etc.

An example?

Does this sort out the confusion? :)

Your statement had no evidence so my confusion is replaced with a '?' and /sigh :rolleyes::su

Edited by Hybrid89

Provide evidence please. :)

An example?

Your statement had no evidence so my confusion is replaced with a '?' and /sigh :rolleyes::su

I dont think I need to provide any evidence. If you dont know that those countries developing space technology are generally the same countries that design and make advanced military and experimantal aircraft then all I can do is 'sigh' back. :wacko:

I dont think I need to provide any evidence. If you dont know that those countries developing space technology are generally the same countries that design and make advanced military and experimantal aircraft then all I can do is 'sigh' back. :wacko:

Oh im perfectly well aware, but your saying one thing and not even bothering to at least provide a link to prove your point. So whatever floats your boat sunshine! :geek: