Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British man 'fathered 600 children'

Still Waters

A British man may have fathered 600 children by repeatedly using his own sperm in a fertility clinic he ran, it has emerged.

Bertold Wiesner and his wife Mary Barton founded a fertility clinic in London in the 1940s and helped women conceive 1,500 babies.

It was thought that the clinic used a small number of highly intelligent friends as sperm donors but it has now emerged that around 600 of the babies were conceived using sperm from Mr Wiesner himself.

Two men conceived at the clinic, Barry Stevens a film-maker from Canada and David Gollancz, a barrister in London, have researched the centre and DNA tests suggest Mr Wiesner, an Austrian biologist, provided two thirds of the donated sperm.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• glorybebe

• and-then

• Simbi Laveau

Well thats a little disconcerting. Those kids will need to be careful that they don't end up in relationships with their half-siblings. That's a big enough number to cause concern.

It would make for one heck of a family reunion too. :w00t:

i guess you could say, biologically speaking, he is one of the most "fit" men alive :innocent::rolleyes:

What a weirdo! For being so intelligent, he should have thought about the consequences if there were so many children and that there could be pairing ups.:unsure2:

What a weirdo! For being so intelligent, he should have thought about the consequences if there were so many children and that there could be pairing ups.:unsure2:

It's called ego, he prolly saw himself as the most suitable donor

I can imagine him sat in his surgery going oooooo shes a pretty one I like her and then the next thing you now theres another Dr Junior on the way.

I think its the same as rape if he is putting his own buns in the oven where the woman expects it to be the bakers around the corner.

It's called ego, he prolly saw himself as the most suitable donor

So true. I still think he is a weirdo...:lol:

I can imagine him sat in his surgery going oooooo shes a pretty one I like her and then the next thing you now theres another Dr Junior on the way.

I think its the same as rape if he is putting his own buns in the oven where the woman expects it to be the bakers around the corner.

Although it's against a multitude of ethics rules, it not rape by any means

• 2 weeks later...

One of them is Cristiano Ronaldo.