Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When Planets Gave Birth to Comets

Almeisan

Interesting video from the electric universe people:

"David Talbott presents the first of two video segments on the electric comet.

Here he discusses NASA's surprising findings on the composition of comets, none supporting the traditional "dirty snowball" hypothesis."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abramelin

• ShadowSot

• Almeisan

• sepulchrave

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting video from the electric universe people:

"David Talbott presents the first of two video segments on the electric comet.

Here he discusses NASA's surprising findings on the composition of comets, none supporting the traditional "dirty snowball" hypothesis."

Very interesting stuff. I clicked on some related videos:

The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars -- Part One

What does the scientific community think of Talbott's ideas?

Mostly that his ideas are junk.

Advocating that electromagnetism plays a bigger role in cosmological dynamics than commonly supposed is fine.

Advocating that stories in the Bible (such as the story about the Sun turning backwards in the sky, etc.) are ``proof'' that the Solar system was, within Human history, very different than it is today and suggesting that the planets known in antiquity used to be much closer to the Earth and rotate the Sun as a rigid unit (to support the early Geocentric models of the Universe), and this only changed relatively recently in a dramatic-but-not-totally-Earth-destroying-event is utter bogus.

That they were wrong when they were Velokovskys, and they are still wrong now.

Yeah, I read about them supporting Velikovsky's theories.

But aside from that, what about the "The Lightning-Scarred Planet Mars" videos?

They may be wrong about the history of the solar system, but the explanation (plus experimental demonstrations) they gave for the features on Mars look rather convincing to me.

Edited by Abramelin

I'll have to get back to you on this Abramelin, astronomy like this is not something I can reference off the top of my head and that's all I have time for these days. I can give you a link to a heavy discussion on the subject on another forum where the claims are addressed if you'd like though.

I'll have to get back to you on this Abramelin, astronomy like this is not something I can reference off the top of my head and that's all I have time for these days. I can give you a link to a heavy discussion on the subject on another forum where the claims are addressed if you'd like though.

Please post the link to the discussion ShadowSot. :yes:

Please post the link to the discussion ShadowSot. :yes:

I believe it's against the ToS. I'll be glad to send it through a PM if you'd like.

I believe it's against the ToS. I'll be glad to send it through a PM if you'd like.

I have posted lots of links to discussions on other boards.

Unless you are promoting your own site, I don't think it would be a problem if you link to a discussion elsewhere.