Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Antigenic shift in H1N1

FurthurBB

“The swine flu virus is believed to thrive only in wet weather and low temperatures. Viruses mutate every year, and A(H1N1) virus has undergone an antigenic shift to be able to survive in such warm weather.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I hope we do not see this here. All we need is H1N1 that can survive hot, dry climates.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FurthurBB

• and-then

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we do not see this here. All we need is H1N1 that can survive hot, dry climates.

Ever since reading THE GREAT INFLUENZA by John Barry, I have been afraid of the flu. Before, I always just thought of it as a nuisance but now I realize what a horrible death it can lead to. The book is about the "Spanish" flu of 1918 and if such a pandemic occurred today the death toll would be staggering. There were accounts of as many as 5000 people dying in a single day in cities like Chicago and Philadelphia. Mass graves, economic hardship. People were even starving to death because their neighbors were too afraid to make contact and the elderly or infirm had to fend for themselves....