Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time travel dreams

Mr Walker

Lately (last year or two) ive been experimenting with time travel dreams. For example I travelled back to my local hospital in the mid 1900s and was fascinated by how it was architecturally, medically etc., and that people smoked in the wards (as one example) I also travel back to observe my father as a young man and his courtship of my mother at country dances on his motorbike.

Last night i had a dream that was mundane yet fasinating. It was the last dream in a long series of nightly drems.

In my dreams i know that I can "piggy back" on the consciousnesses of all the characters and yet they are also their own selves. It was the day before market day in a small village somehere in england during about the 1600s (maybe as late as the 1700s)

The village had just gathered its weekly produce, mostly beets root vegetables but also other vegetables fruit and some grain. The head man of the village caled all the men together at the end of the day and gave out all a small tot of rum. I was a young teenage boy, but having done a days work I also got the tot. We were discussing the prospects for market at a larger village a few miles away on the next day.

A well dressed man about 30ish rode up on a fine horse . He was the "squire" of an expanding town several miles away in the opposite direction. After the normal courtesies he explained that he would like us to bring our already laden cart of produce to his village on the morrow. Our head man was a bit worried. he knew the old market and while sales were not guaranteed they had laways been enoguh to survive on.

There was only time to get the goods to one of the markets on our cart and single old horse. Any way, the visitor made an extraordinary offer. He pulled out a sack of coins totallying fifty pounds and explained that he would give this to our village as a guarantee for our produce. His towns people who were becoming more trades people than agricultural workers, could buy what they wanted, up to this limit in a sort of prepaid deal.

The extraordinary thing was that fifty pounds was many months worth of goods, perhaps even a years worth of sales. Reactions ranged from the equivalent of "never look a gift horse in the mouth" to "beware greeks bearing gift" but in the end the offer (and cash in hand) was too good to pass up . The dream ended with a decison to take the road to the other village. Entering the visitors consciousness during the dream, i found that his town was growing and expanding on a busy road and river crossing. The inhabitants were becoming comparatively wealthy but were no longer producing enough food for their own consumption.

I couldnt explain this to the other characters without explaining how i knew this and as in all these time travel dreams, had to observe the protocols of non intervention.

This was very hard to do, for example, in the visit to the small local hospital in the 1940s or so, where my own medical knowledge was greater than most of the doctors of the time In that dream i did contemplate telling the doctors and nurses( who were dressed more like nuns in white habits than anything) some medical truths, but that would have meant explaining who I was and offering proofs to them. In my protocols of time travel, such disclosure is not allowable.

I was just wondering if anyone else, either deliberately or by chance, had such time travel dreams and if they also observed such protocls as non disclosure during the dreams.

Edited by Mr Walker

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Walker

• SpaceGhost47

• keninsc

• Time Spy

Lately (last year or two) ive been experimenting with time travel dreams. For example I travelled back to my local hospital in the mid 1900s and was fascinated by how it was architecturally, medically etc., and that people smoked in the wards (as one example) I also travel back to observe my father as a young man and his courtship of my mother at country dances on his motorbike.

Last night i had a dream that was mundane yet fasinating. It was the last dream in a long series of nightly drems.

In my dreams i know that I can "piggy back" on the consciousnesses of all the characters and yet they are also their own selves. It was the day before market day in a small village somehere in england during about the 1600s (maybe as late as the 1700s)

The village had just gathered its weekly produce, mostly beets root vegetables but also other vegetables fruit and some grain. The head man of the village caled all the men together at the end of the day and gave out all a small tot of rum. I was a young teenage boy, but having done a days work I also got the tot. We were discussing the prospects for market at a larger village a few miles away on the next day.

A well dressed man about 30ish rode up on a fine horse . He was the "squire" of an expanding town several miles away in the opposite direction. After the normal courtesies he explained that he would like us to bring our already laden cart of produce to his village on the morrow. Our head man was a bit worried. he knew the old market and while sales were not guaranteed they had laways been enoguh to survive on.

There was only time to get the goods to one of the markets on our cart and single old horse. Any way, the visitor made an extraordinary offer. He pulled out a sack of coins totallying fifty pounds and explained that he would give this to our village as a guarantee for our produce. His towns people who were becoming more trades people than agricultural workers, could buy what they wanted, up to this limit in a sort of prepaid deal.

The extraordinary thing was that fifty pounds was many months worth of goods, perhaps even a years worth of sales. Reactions ranged from the equivalent of "never look a gift horse in the mouth" to "beware greeks bearing gift" but in the end the offer (and cash in hand) was too good to pass up . The dream ended with a decison to take the road to the other village. Entering the visitors consciousness during the dream, i found that his town was growing and expanding on a busy road and river crossing. The inhabitants were becoming comparatively wealthy but were no longer producing enough food for their own consumption.

I couldnt explain this to the other characters without explaining how i knew this and as in all these time travel dreams, had to observe the protocols of non intervention.

This was very hard to do, for example, in the visit to the small local hospital in the 1940s or so, where my own medical knowledge was greater than most of the doctors of the time In that dream i did contemplate telling the doctors and nurses( who were dressed more like nuns in white habits than anything) some medical truths, but that would have meant explaining who I was and offering proofs to them. In my protocols of time travel, such disclosure is not allowable.

I was just wondering if anyone else, either deliberately or by chance, had such time travel dreams and if they also observed such protocls as non disclosure during the dreams.

That's a very interesting observance. However, I believe it was an observance through another’s eyes, your mind interacted and you could think for yourself but only act as the part being played. This explains why sometimes you disagree with the mindset of the roll call at hand. I often question why I would do such a stupid thing in a dream, whereas I understand that in reality I would not. This is because it wasn't me that did so. Then many times I decide to change the 'lines' from the 'show', and well its fantasy land again, not history.

That's a very interesting observance. However, I believe it was an observance through another’s eyes, your mind interacted and you could think for yourself but only act as the part being played. This explains why sometimes you disagree with the mindset of the roll call at hand. I often question why I would do such a stupid thing in a dream, whereas I understand that in reality I would not. This is because it wasn't me that did so. Then many times I decide to change the 'lines' from the 'show', and well its fantasy land again, not history.

I'm new to this, but a few days ago, I caught myself running with another person or he was running away from me. I saw a person with long black hair, look like an Indian, brown skin, and leather clothing from waist to thighs. The person had no clothes in upper body. I am Hispanic and wondering if I was traveling to my past. This happen after I just got up to go to the rest room and was half way asleep, then woke up completely.

I'm new to this, but a few days ago, I caught myself running with another person or he was running away from me. I saw a person with long black hair, look like an Indian, brown skin, and leather clothing from waist to thighs. The person had no clothes in upper body. I am Hispanic and wondering if I was traveling to my past. This happen after I just got up to go to the rest room and was half way asleep, then woke up completely.

Its hard to tell without more reference points. I have lots of dreams of many types. I only classify the ones as "time travel" where first, I know where and "who" I am, but more importantly, where I can independently verify the; places, people, events, clothes, furniture, etc., as consistent with the real time. For example I was watching my father riding a motor bike in the early i940s. He identified it in the dream, as I conversed with him, as a B.S.A model, known as a "Bantam".

I asked my mother and she confirmed this was the type of nike he had before i was born. I then googled the brand and was able to find and identify the particular type/model and confirm it fitted precisely into this time frame.

But certainly it is possible that you caught a glimpse of someone in your past. Work consciously on developing this ability.

If it was me, I would also seek to isdentify the era and likely sort of person who might be wearing the clothing you saw. Different "indians" wore differnt clothing at different times. ANy jewellery weapons or ornamentation including beading or shells, could also be used for this purpose, to narrow down a possible time and place.

Edited by Mr Walker

I had an unusual dream once many years ago. My wife and I had gone to bed and I dreamed that my wife had been killed in a tragic auto accident. Lived every single day within the dreamscape, mourned moved on, dealt with the children's problem dealing with the loss. Finally started dating again and remarried. As it happened I was still living in the same house and when I awoke from the dream. I was at a loss to understand if it was real or when it was........I actually had to check and see whom I was in bed with, when I saw it was my original wife I realized it had been a dream. But I felt like I'd lived an entire ten year period during the course of the dream.

Dreams can be wild things.

I had an unusual dream once many years ago. My wife and I had gone to bed and I dreamed that my wife had been killed in a tragic auto accident. Lived every single day within the dreamscape, mourned moved on, dealt with the children's problem dealing with the loss. Finally started dating again and remarried. As it happened I was still living in the same house and when I awoke from the dream. I was at a loss to understand if it was real or when it was........I actually had to check and see whom I was in bed with, when I saw it was my original wife I realized it had been a dream. But I felt like I'd lived an entire ten year period during the course of the dream.

Dreams can be wild things.

They sure can, and as you point out, one of the weirdest forms of dream is where it is linked to real life and almost indistinguishale from it. On occasions I have a long dream, where i am taeching at school. Usually it is a bit odd, like i cant find the classroom or something, but sometimes its so damned ordinary it is absolutely convincing. Then the alarm goes off, at 7am, and i have to get up and face another day of teaching. I hate that. :devil: Usually, my dreams are a dreamscape I go to for; rest, relaxation, fun, excitement, variety, or some experimentation with dream forms and dreamscapes etc. Having to do two 8 hour shifts teaching in a day is a bit much. :devil:

I've had other dreams from time to time, unfortunately I don't dream a great deal any more........but that's another story. I wish I could create a dream state for myself, however there is a dark side that I have to avoid so I take them when I get them.

I recall this one to this day, felt the emotions, the smells of daily life, experienced the passage of time, coped with loss and single parenting.......something I never had to deal with in real life. Then experience the thrill of dating again.......and the not so thrilling side of dating, fell in love again. Then I woke up and it was all just a dream.

Its hard to tell without more reference points. I have lots of dreams of many types. I only classify the ones as "time travel" where first, I know where and "who" I am, but more importantly, where I can independently verify the; places, people, events, clothes, furniture, etc., as consistent with the real time. For example I was watching my father riding a motor bike in the early i940s. He identified it in the dream, as I conversed with him, as a B.S.A model, known as a "Bantam".

I asked my mother and she confirmed this was the type of nike he had before i was born. I then googled the brand and was able to find and identify the particular type/model and confirm it fitted precisely into this time frame.

But certainly it is possible that you caught a glimpse of someone in your past. Work consciously on developing this ability.

If it was me, I would also seek to isdentify the era and likely sort of person who might be wearing the clothing you saw. Different "indians" wore differnt clothing at different times. ANy jewellery weapons or ornamentation including beading or shells, could also be used for this purpose, to narrow down a possible time and place.

Thank you Mr. Walker. My sister was consider a Psychic but she got thyroid cancer she lost her Psychic abilities but not all. As for me I have been told I have them also but never develop them. Lately I have been doing a lot of traveling, due to my job, and have been having Deja vu's where places I have never been before.

I had a dream (i thought it was a memory, my parents told me otherwise) that I was on the edge of a man made pond, and koi fish were all through the pond, they would come to the edge and swim over each other in piles trying to get fed. I found out this in an actual place in Hawaii a few weeks ago. I was breathless when I saw it.

I had a dream (i thought it was a memory, my parents told me otherwise) that I was on the edge of a man made pond, and koi fish were all through the pond, they would come to the edge and swim over each other in piles trying to get fed. I found out this in an actual place in Hawaii a few weeks ago. I was breathless when I saw it.

If you have never actually be to that place, and it wasnt a memory, it is possible it was an OBE where you travel to real places in your dreams, by projecting your consciousness. You need to be able to confirm this by checking details, but it does happen.