Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vicious racist attack on Disabled 59 yr old

misty55

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• preacherman76

• misty55

• and-then

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in a community that is about 65/35 white to black. This sort of intolerance is unheard of here. I'm sure there are some people (both races) who are angry and want to lash out for no reason but irrational hate, like this guy. But I'm proud to say that if this was happening here a person of the opposite race would be as apt as any to interfere to protect an elderly person. But then, we are in the Bible belt :lol:

I live about 10 mins from what is pound for pound one of the most dangerous cities in the US. Its a little city called Newburgh NY. Its at least 90% black folks. There are some streets where white people just cant walk through. Gangs, drugs, violence, prostitution, ect ect. Poverty goes a long way in explaining the situation there. Even though there are many programs to help them, including free school, job programs, welfare, ect ect, the feeling of hopelessness is strong. 90% of the children there are fatherless, and very few have any sence of family values. I have also lived a few mins away from a poor white town in upstate NY. Family values for the most part were out the window there as well. Though I have found that the white town was far less violent. Sure you had bar fights and such. Lots of child protective sevice cases cause of neglect. But the main difference was no matter what race you were, for the most part you'd be safe walking down the street. Now there is alot more violence then your average middle class town, but poor black cities from what I have seen seem to see violence as a right of passage. It certainly doesnt help that things like rap music glorify violence and drug selling/use. Why this is I just dont know. I do know that our government has done alot to keep division among the races. Division is a powerful tool.