Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

iPhone app can manipulate your dreams

Saru

Professor Richard Wiseman is conducting a nationwide dream experiment using a special iPhone app.

Professor Richard Wiseman, who claims to be the most followed psychologist on Twitter, hopes to sweeten people's dreams using their smartphones. The self-described "psychologist, author and magician" hopes to attract thousands of people to take part in the dream manipulation experiment.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I'm now tempted to buy an I phone solely for this app.

Sounds a lot better than the dreams I usually have. Most of mine are usually me at work, nothing weird about them just me working. Its so annoying dreaming about work then waking up to goto work. <_<

As I was reading this I was downloading the app. Can't wait to go to sleep tonight to try this! YES!!!!!

yeah, lets let someone else control out dreams. great logic, brainwashed masses -.-

yeah, lets let someone else control out dreams. great logic, brainwashed masses -.-

Totally right! I can't imagine letting someone control my dreams that's a little freaky. I love my dreams they are too important to me. That is our subconscious communicating with us, processing and learning things that are important to our daily lives. I would not allow anyone to tamper with my dreams. They're mine!! lol

You think there's going to be soundscapes, then you wake up in the middle of night to "Vote for Obama, Vote for Obama". :lol:

We don't need an app to control our dreams.

Doing it by your own would be, in my opinion, a lot more better.

Very good point Dharma! exactly what i was thinking. Same with Jay! There is a reason we all dream individually lol. Not only that, im just surprised at the amount of people that go running to jump on the bandwagons, the level of stupidity is actually amazing. I thought people would be smarter than, " yeah put your dreams in us" -.-, people willingly give into things like this, and willingly gave away rights aswell lol. its funny and ironic, or will be ironic in the not too distant future.

Right on. The blue pill or the red pill :P

Nah really in all seriousness, using programs to alter my dreaming, no thanks.

Edited by AnVil

So how do we hack Iphones again??? dream manipulations anyone? Is that an open door to weaponisation? (I got dibs on the word anyone who wants to use got to pay me... hey I'm not rich :P)

Edited by Paracelse

thats nice, now they can access our subconcious better and program it more effectively. Yey for mind control!!!

This is stupid, and very dangerous if you ask me. Letting others control what goes on in your mind while you are unconcious? really? And this is actually suposed to be a good thing? wow.

• Like 1

This is like the sleep cycle alarm... no thanks. I don't want a phone emitting radiation right under my pillow the whole night... next thing you know you get brain cancer. :wacko:

Sheesh, if I enhance my dreams anymore Ill end up in the looney bin.

Really I don't think it matters, your subconcouse is going to do what it does any way. Soft walking sounds in the woods can be a plesent trip or something stalking behind you. It's going to depend on the person how it is inturpreted.

thumbsup.gif Cool.,. Let's hope mine throw's in a Vin Diesel or a Robbie Williams!!wub.gifwub.gif

lol. dreams are affected by so many other things and sounds anyway, so im trying it out regardless of the possible mind control theories. :)

I had my first go last night. I want to know how accurate it is for measuring how deeply you sleep. Might post my results a bit later!

I've got no idea if the music affected my dream, I have very active dreams all the time.

Edit: iPhone spelling.

Edited by Timonthy

I agree with Seeker79, My dreams dont need any help tormenting what little bit of sleep that i get. ANd Ive been trying on my own for years to change them, my sub-conscious is gonna do what it wants.

I ran this thing last night on my iPad and was unaware that it did anything at all. Kinda was disappointed. I did have a strange dream about hunting for bigfoot though. Wierd.

The OP article has the following two paragraphs I think are worth thinking about. Any thoughts *specifically* about this, anyone?

Prof Wiseman said: "Getting a good night's sleep and having pleasant dreams boosts people's productivity, and is essential for their psychological and physical wellbeing.

"Despite this, we know very little about how to influence dreams. ...

Edited by Karlis

The OP article has the following two paragraphs I think are worth thinking about. Any thoughts *specifically* about this, anyone?

Prof Wiseman said: "Getting a good night's sleep and having pleasant dreams boosts people's productivity, and is essential for their psychological and physical wellbeing.

"Despite this, we know very little about how to influence dreams. ...

"Despite this, we know very little about how to influence dreams. This experiment aims to change that," Prof Wiseman said.

Unpleasant dreams while unpleasant do serve a purpose. It's like, "here's a sugar pill for a sugar coated dream world". Well no thanks I don't wish to be a repressed drone in my "sleep" time.

The implications are what are bothersome. Specially prepared tones and frequencies, even on levels you can not hear, and not to mention subliminal programming DO all affect brain waves and the sub conscious/unconscious mind.

Unpleasant dreams while unpleasant do serve a purpose. It's like, "here's a sugar pill for a sugar coated dream world". Well no thanks I don't wish to be a repressed drone in my "sleep" time.

Exactly... Couldn't have said it better. :tu:

Guess we will soon have an iCeption app. :unsure2: