Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finally some sense came to Strasbourg

Paracelse

Hook-handed hate preacher Abu Hamza and four other Muslim fanatics will be sent to the U.S. to face trial after they today lost their appeals against extradition.

Judges in Strasbourg dramatically ruled this morning that Hamza must be extradited to the U.S. where he could face the rest of his life behind bars.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127434/Abu-Hamza-extradition-Hate-preacher-facing-50-years-US-jail-losing-appeal.

arrow3.gifRead more...

And now the dude will spend about 50 years in the slammer in US... hopefully he will .. Jeffrey Dahmer didn't last 2 years there.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• questionmark

• TheLastLazyGun

• and-then

Abu Hamza had no chance in heaven or hell to get through with that one. The legal case is pretty clear. But he has the right to appeal in Strasbourg, just as any other citizen has. That has little to do with any "senses" coming to any court.

Keep thinking Strasbourg is in Germany.

Depends on the time in history you are right, that region used to be a boomerang, sometimes German (which is still the language spoken there by most), sometimes French. After WWII they voted to be French (until they change their mind the next time).

Depends on the time in history you are right, that region used to be a boomerang, sometimes German (which is still the language spoken there by most), sometimes French. After WWII they voted to be French (until they change their mind the next time).

When one goes to Strasbourg and starts speaking French the locals speak German, if one uses German they speak French if you speak both they speak Alsatian and no one understand.

And now the dude will spend about 50 years in the slammer in US... hopefully he will .. Jeffrey Dahmer didn't last 2 years there.

I'm quite sure he will find his accommodations secure. I hope he has a long life to consider his actions.

No doubt his wives & spawn will continue to leech off the british tax payers, probably get an increase now.

Thank god he's finally being extradited to the U.S, where he could face upto 100 years imprisonment, most of which, in solitary confinement. :w00t:

RESULT!

He said he is worried he may be tret inhumanely, is he?

I say treat him like the dog he is. I've never felt such hatred towards anybody as i do for him. He is what personifies evil.

If the devil was real, Abu Hamza would be "IT". :devil:

He had terrorist literature including the al-Qaida “handbook”, a manual on how to wage war against governments and replace them with Muslim power bases. :blink:

What a silly individual.

He deserves evrything he has coming to him, and i for one hope he is tortured...... Bit much? .... Nah!!!! :w00t:

Keep thinking Strasbourg is in Germany.

It was until France stole it.

It was until France stole it.

Wrong answer, the people of Alsace voted to be French by a vast majority. Alsace did not exist until 1871.

Wrong answer, the people of Alsace voted to be French by a vast majority. Alsace did not exist until 1871.

Alsace existed long before 1871. It's name derives from the German "Elisaz" meaning "foreign domain."

Strasbourg itself was brutally conquered by the French when it was a German town.

In 1639 France conquered Alsace. France consolidated her hold with the 1679 Treaties of Nijmegen, which brought the towns under her control. France then occupied the German town of Strasbourg in 1681 in an unprovoked action, and from 1688 onwards it then disgracefully devastated large parts of southern Germany according to the Brûlez le Palatinat! policy. Under this policy the French, led by Comte de Mélac, set fire to German towns and cities and destroyed the livelihoods of their inhabitants.

However, the Germans did manage to get Alsace back in 1871 during the Franco-Prussian War but then, as part of the Treaty of Versailles after WWI, Germany had to give Alsace back to the French again.

Then, France's disgraceful policy in Alsace was one of the several things which angered Germany (it was one of several ways in which the French treated the Germans unfairly through the Treaty of Versailles), leading it to take the courses of action which caused WWII. France reversed the establishment of German identity in Alsace, expelling all Germans who had settled in Alsace since 1871 and banned the speaking of German.

That disgraceful treatment of the Germans in Alsace at the hands of the French was one of the things, many caused by the French, which angered Germany after WWI and it is not hard to see why Germany got angry, started WWII and invaded Alsace in 1940. It wanted it back.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Lastlazygun, if you have to look at history, the entire Alsace Lorraine region was once German after the death of Charlemagne when under the law he had to divide the country between his sons in 814, but since his father himself stoled the kingdom from Dagobert II, then rightfully the Alsace region is French. And I don't even like them :P

Edit to add: The OP was about a muslim terrorist who lost his appeal and will be deported to US. It just happen the EU court of appeal is in Strasbourg. And Conspiracytheory, I don't know if death penalty would be good, it would make a martyr out of the dude and it isn't good. A Dahmer like accident would be better :P

Edited by Paracelse

Alsace existed long before 1871. It's name derives from the German "Elisaz" meaning "foreign domain."

Strasbourg itself was brutally conquered by the French when it was a German town.

In 1639 France conquered Alsace. France consolidated her hold with the 1679 Treaties of Nijmegen, which brought the towns under her control. France then occupied the German town of Strasbourg in 1681 in an unprovoked action, and from 1688 onwards it then disgracefully devastated large parts of southern Germany according to the Brûlez le Palatinat! policy. Under this policy the French, led by Comte de Mélac, set fire to German towns and cities and destroyed the livelihoods of their inhabitants.

However, the Germans did manage to get Alsace back in 1871 during the Franco-Prussian War but then, as part of the Treaty of Versailles after WWI, Germany had to give Alsace back to the French again.

Then, France's disgraceful policy in Alsace was one of the several things which angered Germany (it was one of several ways in which the French treated the Germans unfairly through the Treaty of Versailles), leading it to take the courses of action which caused WWII. France reversed the establishment of German identity in Alsace, expelling all Germans who had settled in Alsace since 1871 and banned the speaking of German.

That disgraceful treatment of the Germans in Alsace at the hands of the French was one of the things, many caused by the French, which angered Germany after WWI and it is not hard to see why Germany got angry, started WWII and invaded Alsace in 1940. It wanted it back.

You better start surrendering to Italy, I believe in the year 300 AD they owned most of what is Europe too.

You better start surrendering to Italy, I believe in the year 300 AD they owned most of what is Europe too.

I surrendered to Italy once, Rome specifically. IT WAS AWESOME! :w00t:

I surrendered to Italy once, Rome specifically. IT WAS AWESOME! :w00t:

And now he's gonna surrender to Florence but not in Italy, in Colorado, it' called supermax.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127434/Abu-Hamza-extradition-Hate-preacher-facing-50-years-US-jail-losing-appeal.html

Supermax-Prison-Colorado.jpg

He's going to be in great company there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notable_former_inmates_of_US_Penitentiary,_Florence_ADX

Lastlazygun, if you have to look at history, the entire Alsace Lorraine region was once German after the death of Charlemagne when under the law he had to divide the country between his sons in 814, but since his father himself stoled the kingdom from Dagobert II, then rightfully the Alsace region is French. And I don't even like them :P

And if you go even further back you will see that, when the Romans left, Alsace belonged to a Germanic tribe known as the Alemanni, which is where the French word for Germany - "Allemagne" - comes from. The Alemanni established the German language in Alsace.

Even the word "Alsace" is German. And Strasbourg doesn't sound French. It sounds German. The reason for that, you'd never have guessed, is because it's German, meaning "Town (at the crossing) of roads".

There's nothing French about Alsace, other than the fact that it's a part of France because France stole it from Germany.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

What's the difference between some Irish people wanting Northern Ireland back and the Germans wanting Alsace back?

There isn't one, as far as I'm concerned.

What's the difference between some Irish people wanting Northern Ireland back and the Germans wanting Alsace back?

There isn't one, as far as I'm concerned.

The only ones to rightfully decide that are the majority of the people who live there whether they want to be whatever. The people of Alsace have spoken loud and clear and they want to be French. What others want is quite irrelevant. Same applies to Norther Ireland.

The only ones to rightfully decide that are the majority of the people who live there whether they want to be whatever. The people of Alsace have spoken loud and clear and they want to be French. What others want is quite irrelevant. Same applies to Norther Ireland.

Maybe Lastgun should start a thread on the subject rather than starting an debate on Alsace :D:innocent::ph34r: :ph34r:

I would think if they bring him to the US he would get the death penalty.

Most countries won't allow a suspect to be extradited to the U.S. if there is a chance he will face the death penalty. The U.S. is often forced to waive the death penalty just to get them here. Life in prison is another matter.

When one goes to Strasbourg and starts speaking French the locals speak German, if one uses German they speak French if you speak both they speak Alsatian and no one understand.

How about speaking english? I'm asking because I'm going to France in June and passing by Strasbourg.

How about speaking english? I'm asking because I'm going to France in June and passing by Strasbourg.

If they choose to not understand you (which sometimes is a very French trait) you can speak any language in the world. But yes there are people there who speak English.

If they choose to not understand you (which sometimes is a very French trait) you can speak any language in the world. But yes there are people there who speak English.

I had a friend years ago who went to Quebec on business and this happened regularly to him. He was near the end of his week there and went into a McD's and the employees not only wouldn't take his order in English, they laughed at his halting French. Being the nice southern boy that his momma raised, he didn't make a scene or ask for a manager. But on the way out the door he had the most awful accident with a nearly full tray and drink cup. :w00t: BYE YA'LL! :w00t:

But then you have to deal with their accent which is awful :ph34r: :ph34r: