Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychedelic Origin of Man

Salami Swami

Hello, somewhere I heard a theory that said that ancient men started evolving thanks to a psychedelic substance, like mushrooms. I find it kind of plausible given the effects of those substances, maybe early humans had the brain capacity and that was their boost.

What do you all think?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salami Swami

• gnostic-deity

• shpongled

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i dont know about evolving..but one can come out "changed" from some trips i suppose.

Your thinking of the stoned-ape theory of Terence McKenna's which he talks about in his book food of the gods, and other places

Terence is a pretty amazing individual, i love his talks.. but there doesn't seem to be too much evidence of the mushroom idea as of yet. There is a different, updated version of the theory out now which is pretty astonishing. Here's an article on it http://www.disinfo.com/2012/04/planthuman-symbiosis-and-the-fall-of-humanity-interview-with-tony-wright/

Terences brother Dennis (who both admit fueled Terence's ideas for 25 years and probably was a huge influence in the stoned-ape theory, if not its originator) wrote a great forward to the book talked about in that link

theres a thread discussing it in this subforum actually