Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three Strange shadow dreams - PLEASE help

Rivaleka

I have two seperate dreams here, so please bare with me... One older, and one of just over an hour ago, and another of last week.

its as if I'm beginning to have ethereal visitors in my sleep and I need answers or light shed on this manner. I promise this is a VERY worthy read.....

1ST DREAM :

This dream was a short time ago, maybe September of 2011, and i was in my room Waking up. I even looked at the clock next to my bed, and wondered if my husband left for work yet, and if I had to go to work yet at 6pm (which is when I was scheduled to work that day) even though I know he had gone to work already. But in my dream he hadn't yet I don't think, he was in the livingroom playing video games with his brother I believe. (Who also lived with us)

And it was dark in the room, with only the small points of light through the window slats as usual in the afternoon. The dogs were in there crate, blanket over it, all seemed very normal. But then I heard this voice from where the closets are in the room. a males voice. Very calming, a very smooth voice. But I saw no one. And I did not know this voice. But oh my god, it was having conversation with me as if it was not a part of my dream. As if it was its own extremely intelectual being. I would listen, and it would speak, not showing itself at all. Just talking. I'd even answer questions it was asking, and it would respond, in a sort of quick witted manner. Not rude, just sort of pompous in a way. As if it seemed to know better about what it was talking about then me. As if it was discussing a matter I had yet to learn, that it knew all too well already. It was a very quick witted voice, not scary, just very, very smart. Old seeming. Wise at most... The only problem...? I don't remember a DAMN thing it and I were talking about. I truly wish I would have remembered upon waking. It kept talking however, and it kept telling me these things. Almost as if it spoke in riddles. Like it was telling me things I didn't understand, which it itself did, and that it was amused that I was beneath its radar of knowledge. Weird, I know...lol But it had an extremely strong presence. It really seemed like it had just entered my dream without permission from me at all. As if it really wasn't a part of my dream at all what so ever, that it or "he" was there simply because it had decided on being so. And at one point I saw a shadow on the wall in front of my bed. I wasn't scared, as it wasn't scary. But my shadow along with the beds was there as well on the wall. And I was watching this shadow, and it seeped into mine on the wall. I watched, and as it did, the shadow of the thing or person that was speaking to me, meshed with my shadow on the wall, and appeared to take something from my shadow. I quickly felt very drained in my dream, and weak. I woke up. And felt the exact same way. Very drained, shaky, and very tired? So I quickly got coffee and something to eat, as I felt quite close to passing out.

See how nothing of any of this at all, makes sense...? But the ending was the strangest part to me... It was as if that thing or being invited itself into my sleeping state. Almost like an incubus or ethereal being of sorts. An otherworldly being. It was truly its own creature, I swear it... I just don't feel that I dreamed that thing up. It was too conscience of itself. Too talkative. I was not fueling it in my dream, as you do most things in your dream, it was fueling itself it seemed. Very in control of itself. And very much aware of me?

2ND DREAM:

Just over an hour ago, which is why I decided to look up a place online and joined here.

This is much shorter of an experience.

I was napping with my husband, as its been one of those lazy days as he went to the dentist today for a visit.

I laid down beside him while he was sleeping, and decided to get a quick nap in as well. I believe I slept for about an hour, in an out of sleep. Then finally he sluggishly arose an went downstairs for something, tea I presume. So I, being half awake, continue to fall back to sleep. I am on my back mind you, Whig I never sleep on. I sleep on my right side always.

As I am lying here, I realize in my dream state, that my husband had indeed left the room and gone downstairs. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I am fully restricted in my sleep. I feel a small animal or thing that had jumped atop my chest and assumed a sitting position. I quickly started hypervenilating for air, and as I woke up, in the corner of my eye, I felt something leap off and I saw what appeared to be a black shadow with a tail.

I woke up shaking and out of air, and shortly after my husband came back into the room. So this must have happened in the span of mere moments of sleep...

3RD DREAM:

And last week, I had my VERY first lucid dream in my life. Out of nowhere, I realized I was sleeping in my dream, and I kept a kean focus as to make sure I didn't wake my mortal body from the experiance. As if I had a "tip toe" attitude about it, knowing anything could wake my sleeping body. At this point I realized I could do or see anyone I wanted thru this state of awareness. So in this conscience dream, I literally summoned a person I shouldn't of. a close friend of mine, a man I used to know quite recently that I had a spiritual relationship with some time ago, who I haven't spoken with in some time.

All I rember was telling him I missed him, that I care for him, I was crying and we hugged.

Seeing his face, his voice, the bodily contact of the hug was SO real, so very undoubtedly in front of me... the detail was as true to life as it gets. No foggy dream state as dreams usually are percieved. Clear crisp and here. Nothing like I've ever experienced before. I was litterally "awake" making this happen. Knowing I could of chosen anything, or anyone to speak to, and I imidiately knew i wanted to choose to see him, without a doubt, itit was my first choice in my lucid state... as if it was a sense of urgency that I needed to see him, and I told him we had mere moments to see each other in this realm of lucidity. I awoke with the feeling that I had literally made a "visit" to see him, as one would do in waking life on a trip to visit a friend.

I'm sorry there's so much going on here, they're just such important life changing experiences, and this is he first time I've openly spoken of them...

Please... if anyone can shed light on any of these, it would be incredibly appreciated beyond words...

Namaste,

-"Rivaleka"

Edited by Rivaleka

I have two seperate dreams here, so please bare with me... One older, and one of just over an hour ago, and another of last week.

its as if I'm beginning to have ethereal visitors in my sleep and I need answers or light shed on this manner. I promise this is a VERY worthy read.....

1ST DREAM :

This dream was a short time ago, maybe September of 2011, and i was in my room Waking up. I even looked at the clock next to my bed, and wondered if my husband left for work yet, and if I had to go to work yet at 6pm (which is when I was scheduled to work that day) even though I know he had gone to work already. But in my dream he hadn't yet I don't think, he was in the livingroom playing video games with his brother I believe. (Who also lived with us)

And it was dark in the room, with only the small points of light through the window slats as usual in the afternoon. The dogs were in there crate, blanket over it, all seemed very normal. But then I heard this voice from where the closets are in the room. a males voice. Very calming, a very smooth voice. But I saw no one. And I did not know this voice. But oh my god, it was having conversation with me as if it was not a part of my dream. As if it was its own extremely intelectual being. I would listen, and it would speak, not showing itself at all. Just talking. I'd even answer questions it was asking, and it would respond, in a sort of quick witted manner. Not rude, just sort of pompous in a way. As if it seemed to know better about what it was talking about then me. As if it was discussing a matter I had yet to learn, that it knew all too well already. It was a very quick witted voice, not scary, just very, very smart. Old seeming. Wise at most... The only problem...? I don't remember a DAMN thing it and I were talking about. I truly wish I would have remembered upon waking. It kept talking however, and it kept telling me these things. Almost as if it spoke in riddles. Like it was telling me things I didn't understand, which it itself did, and that it was amused that I was beneath its radar of knowledge. Weird, I know...lol But it had an extremely strong presence. It really seemed like it had just entered my dream without permission from me at all. As if it really wasn't a part of my dream at all what so ever, that it or "he" was there simply because it had decided on being so. And at one point I saw a shadow on the wall in front of my bed. I wasn't scared, as it wasn't scary. But my shadow along with the beds was there as well on the wall. And I was watching this shadow, and it seeped into mine on the wall. I watched, and as it did, the shadow of the thing or person that was speaking to me, meshed with my shadow on the wall, and appeared to take something from my shadow. I quickly felt very drained in my dream, and weak. I woke up. And felt the exact same way. Very drained, shaky, and very tired? So I quickly got coffee and something to eat, as I felt quite close to passing out.

See how nothing of any of this at all, makes sense...? But the ending was the strangest part to me... It was as if that thing or being invited itself into my sleeping state. Almost like an incubus or ethereal being of sorts. An otherworldly being. It was truly its own creature, I swear it... I just don't feel that I dreamed that thing up. It was too conscience of itself. Too talkative. I was not fueling it in my dream, as you do most things in your dream, it was fueling itself it seemed. Very in control of itself. And very much aware of me?

2ND DREAM:

Just over an hour ago, which is why I decided to look up a place online and joined here.

This is much shorter of an experience.

I was napping with my husband, as its been one of those lazy days as he went to the dentist today for a visit.

I laid down beside him while he was sleeping, and decided to get a quick nap in as well. I believe I slept for about an hour, in an out of sleep. Then finally he sluggishly arose an went downstairs for something, tea I presume. So I, being half awake, continue to fall back to sleep. I am on my back mind you, Whig I never sleep on. I sleep on my right side always.

As I am lying here, I realize in my dream state, that my husband had indeed left the room and gone downstairs. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I am fully restricted in my sleep. I feel a small animal or thing that had jumped atop my chest and assumed a sitting position. I quickly started hypervenilating for air, and as I woke up, in the corner of my eye, I felt something leap off and I saw what appeared to be a black shadow with a tail.

I woke up shaking and out of air, and shortly after my husband came back into the room. So this must have happened in the span of mere moments of sleep...

3RD DREAM:

And last week, I had my VERY first lucid dream in my life. Out of nowhere, I realized I was sleeping in my dream, and I kept a kean focus as to make sure I didn't wake my mortal body from the experiance. As if I had a "tip toe" attitude about it, knowing anything could wake my sleeping body. At this point I realized I could do or see anyone I wanted thru this state of awareness. So in this conscience dream, I literally summoned the one person I shouldn't of, a man I used to know quite recently that I had a romantic spiritual relationship with some time ago, who I haven't spoken with in quite some time.

All I rember was telling him I missed him, that I care for him, I was crying and we hugged.

Seeing his face, his voice, the bodily contact was SO real, so very undoubtedly in front of me... Nothing like I've ever experienced before. I was litterally "awake" making this happen. Knowing I could of chosen anything, or anyone to speak to, and I imidiately chose to see him...

I'm sorry there's so much going on here, they're just such important life changing experiences, and this is he first time I've openly spoken of them...

Please... if anyone can shed light on any of these, it would be incredibly appreciated beyond words...

Namaste,

-"Rivaleka"

Hi. You are going to be ok, you are beginning a process. I know it's scary. You are haveing some encounters with shadow. You should start reading this thread

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&pid=4261598&st=210entry4261598

and watch this cheesy video. You can pm me any time and I'll try to help. Anvil is a good source to go to as well, and there are lots of people here that know what you are going through. You are not Alone.

Thank you for the quick reply. =)

Very helpful information, but what may this "process" be that I am experiencing?

I will watch the video the moment I get on my computer, as my Phone wont let me view it. =(

Also I may add, when I was a child, numerous nights in my room (as crazy as this is going to sound) I remember if I laid really quiet and still, I could hear collective whispering in the same corner of my room at night.

Faint whispering, but it was definitely there. Almost as if it were two beings discussing something together, and id lay there for hours attempting to understand them. And at one point I remember a night in particular that I fell asleep on my left side, and out of a dead sleep, I was jolted awake by a VERY loud whisper to my exposed ear. I awoke startled to nothing there what so ever. So many strange things, so hard to find the reason. As if some "being" has been attempting to get my attention my whole life, thru my liminal state of unconsciousness. When I truly want to know what is attempting to contact or communicate with me.

Edited by Rivaleka

Thank you for the quick reply. =)

Very helpful information, but what may this "process" be that I am experiencing?

I will watch the video the moment I get on my computer, as my Phone wont let me view it. =(

Also I may add, when I was a child, numerous nights in my room (as crazy as this is going to sound) I remember if I laid really quiet and still, I could hear collective whispering in the same corner of my room at night.

Faint whispering, but it was definitely there. Almost as if it were two beings discussing something together, and id lay there for hours attempting to understand them. And at one point I remember a night in particular that I fell asleep on my left side, and out of a dead sleep, I was jolted awake by a VERY loud whisper to my exposed ear. I awoke startled to nothing there what so ever. So many strange things, so hard to find the reason. As if some "being" has been attempting to get my attention my whole life, thru my liminal state of unconsciousness. When I truly want to know what is attempting to contact or communicate with me.

Where are you from? Who are your ancestors?

My family in general are of German/Lithuanian Scottish decent. We are actually directly related to the pagan King of the Saxons. You can learn of him here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widukind#section_1

So little has changed in our bloodline since him, that my grandmothers maiden name was still of "Wittekind" in our family, which is a modernized version of "Widukind" itself as it explains in the link above. =)

Other than what's known above, I don't know much else other than that of the Saxons above. We also have old photos and writngs of his monuments in Germany, dated very far back. The family now of course is of Christian faith in current beliefs of the recent generations. None of pagan decent anymore, sadly. Aside from myself, as I am a tried an true blood born pagan as my ancesters were, along with some cousins of mine in AZ who are also peacefully pagan in current beliefs, an hold to as I do. I know we are strictly of German Lithuanian Scottish decent, and it was only a few generations ago we migrated to the unites states. So I presume that to be pretty recent. =)

Another family name I'm attempting to do research on, is "Liracz". It was my great grandmothers maiden name, that I know nothing of...

Edited by Rivaleka

I'm aware of this, saying "King of the Saxons" is more or less a loosely based term on what he stood for and faught for, so its more of a lineage nickname so to speak. Trust me, Im quite aware of such things...lol thank you though. =)

:tu:

Though I believe commander or leader would be a more appropriate title, since a king would have been a quite different standing.

The name Wittekind is not that uncommon here in Germany. I haven't heard of any of them being directly related to Widukind. May I ask how you can be so sure to be a direct descendant? No offense, btw, as there are still many descendants of very old lineages alive.

:tu:

Though I believe commander or leader would be a more appropriate title, since a king would have been a quite different standing.

The name Wittekind is not that uncommon here in Germany. I haven't heard of any of them being directly related to Widukind. May I ask how you can be so sure to be a direct descendant? No offense, btw, as there are still many descendants of very old lineages alive.

My cousins have more information than I myself have in my direct possession, but she herself has legitimate documentational proof of what you seem to be very concerned about, as she is an active memeber of doing the ancestral detective work for our family. As the person above you merely asked of my past and ancesters to better assess the topic actually at hand, Which are my dreams I have been having that I am quite concerned about, if only you'd please read the initial post by me here. So I politely told them what I positively know of my heritage.

Edited by Rivaleka

I found that very interesting, that's all, as I am from that specific region where Widukind dwelled and ruled. And especially as there are no known descendants of Widukind here in Germany, as his lineage seemed to have ended.

As for your OP, I believe it is sleep paralysis.

I found that very interesting, that's all, as I am from that specific region where Widukind dwelled and ruled. And especially as there are no known descendants of Widukind here in Germany, as his lineage seemed to have ended.

As for your OP, I believe it is sleep paralysis.

Well then if anything, we are quite proud to be a part of what was presumed a ceased lineage in that case. =)

And as for the paralysis, it seems I need to do research on the exact meaning of that, because I know very little on that myself. =( I am soon to sleep now here in a moment... I shall be sharing any strange goings on if it takes place again.

I truly hope more see my post on this, as I am still quite concerned with said entity that seems to be pushing its way into my unconscious state of being...

Ok... Being pagan is good. I can communicate easier with pagans.

The "process". Well some call it an awakening process, others call it a transpersonsonal emergence, some a shamanic awakening. You might look for awakening symbology in your spirituality and lore. also research all those labels.

The second event dream you described is a text book sleep paralysis event. You should learn about that aswell.

Let me know if I can help at all.

Well then if anything, we are quite proud to be a part of what was presumed a ceased lineage in that case. =)

And as for the paralysis, it seems I need to do research on the exact meaning of that, because I know very little on that myself. =( I am soon to sleep now here in a moment... I shall be sharing any strange goings on if it takes place again.

I truly hope more see my post on this, as I am still quite concerned with said entity that seems to be pushing its way into my unconscious state of being...

That's why you need to confront it. PM me

My cousins have more information than I myself have in my direct possession, but she herself has legitimate documentational proof of what you seem to be very concerned about, as she is an active memeber of doing the ancestral detective work for our family. As the person above you merely asked of my past and ancesters to better assess the topic actually at hand, Which are my dreams I have been having that I am quite concerned about, if only you'd please read the initial post by me here. So I politely told them what I positively know of my heritage.

You might want to have some historians to look into your family. I suppose that would be very interesting for them, and a bit of a sensation. :) Especially if you have old documents concerning this, as preserved scripture from this period is very rare.

Not getting restful sleep is very annoying, and can effect your daily life, so I strongly advise you to seek help concerning this. Not only on this forum, but also from specialized physicians in this field. There are many conditions that could cause this.

Ok... Being pagan is good. I can communicate easier with pagans.

The "process". Well some call it an awakening process, others call it a transpersonsonal emergence, some a shamanic awakening. You might look for awakening symbology in your spirituality and lore. also research all those labels.

The second event dream you described is a text book sleep paralysis event. You should learn about that aswell.

Let me know if I can help at all.

I'd love some insight actually, but I'm trying to "pm" and it didn't seem to be working?

Does it matter if I'm using internet from my phone?

I'd love some insight actually, but I'm trying to "pm" and it didn't seem to be working?

Does it matter if I'm using internet from my phone?

Hmmm I thought I fixed that... I may be out of room. I'll delete a bunch tonight.

Please disregard other advice.

What you have is classic Sleep Paralysis. Its quite obvious to me- my older sister has it occasionally. You are not going to be hurt, though it can be frightening. Its best to relax and let it run its course.

http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-with-Sleep-Paralysis

Here is a guide that will help you cope. It comes in many different forms, and has all sorts of hallucinations and feelings but you will be OK. Good luck, hopefully it doesn't occur much more!

Hi Rivaleka...

It WAS a good read and thank you for sharing it!

I concur with Seeker79...time to rise and shine, star sublime!

It's an adventure, for sure...just don't fear anything...keep love in your intent and in your heart and it will both keep you in reach of the necessary courage and protect you...which really it is only fear that is a true cause for fear...sounds redundant but FDR was absolutely right.

I sometimes have that sleep paralysis experience when I'm in between awake and dream...the borderlands I call it...sometimes I used to want to panic at first but I fought it down and found it is the panic that makes it scary. Otherwise it is fine for me...I've felt interactions, so to speak, but I can't recall the details at the moment...nothing ever harmful, though.

And you might want to read the post I wrote right before this one...which is my second one here on this forum...see if it seems familiar to what you experienced with the first dream.

Your lucid rendezvous sounds wonderful! I'm glad you experienced that!

Namaste!

:cat:

• 2 months later...

First off, I wanted to sincerely apologize for not being on for a stretch, I actually had to go without a computer during our move, so voila! Finally have it up again...lol =)

And I hope I didn't become absent long enough for no one to see replies to this thread anymore... =(

And also, Seeker79 has been extremely helpful concerning all of this, and I wanted to thank them kindly again as well as the wonderful rest of you and your fantastic knowledge regarding this thing of mine. =)

I also watched that little video Seeker79 , it was very informative, and I've been reading up on the topic of Sleep Paralysis, to better get a feel for it all.

The only thing I do not understand though, is that so many people are attempting to shed light on "coping" with the matter, when in actuality; I'd love nothing more than to explore it somehow...?

As strange as that may sound, I am quite intrigued. And just as you said Babalon, I am not afraid, but more so curious as to what is beneath the meaning and or subject matter at hand. =)

And Erowin, I don't believe I'll be disregarding everyone else, as everyone here has been equally helpful to shed light on this matter for me, and I am very thankful for all who has answered me so far, and will in the future. =)

Now... What I'm trying to do, is channel this enitre thing... I recently got a book on Lucid Dreaming, but I am having trouble capturing the process, and I have been unsuccessful with it.

I am more inquisitive the times I've had it happen, rather than scared or frightened. I want to know what it is I am coming into contact with, I don't want to make it go away, I'd love to lean.

Its hard to beleive this is a "in your head" sort of thing, since I personally believe that there are otherworldly beings that can communicate with us, depending on our level in which we link to them.

Just as children are more perceptive to ghosts and phantoms rather than adults, I believe that certain respectful situations can create a sort of "link" if you will, from our realm to theirs.

Personal thought of course, but clearly I am in the correct place for this! =P lol!

I just can't shake the fact that this said "creature" that was attempting to speak with me was something quite aware of itself.

It almost feels like I had an encounter with a total stranger on a train, and forgot to get their number and name, and now I have no way of finding them again in this world.

I want to FIND this creature again, or something that knows it, etc...

I want to exercise this ability and become better at it, and I very much wish to have more vividly controlled lucid dreams..... So very much...

I just can't get away from the feelnig of this all being more than what it appears to be...

I think I really need to focus on meditation and perhaps after I read my Lucid Dream book, attempt to find a few more along with some Out of Body Experience guides even.

I want to tackle this entire thing, incredibly badly.

I have so much work and research to do...... =(

And I have NO idea where to start!!!

And I think the fact that I'm trying to hard is effecting it as well, because I seem to get so close, and I have no idea whats holding me back from controling it all?

Edited by Rivaleka

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/spiritualresearch/difficulties/sleep-paralysis

This link will tell you about the spiritual root causes of sleep paralysis--I strongly encourage you to read this article, and more on the website!! It is an indispensible tool for spiritual healing and growth!!

It sounds like you have a sensitivity to the spiritual realms slightly beyond what is "normal" in the population. Please refer to this article on this phenomenon: http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/spiritualresearch/spiritualscience/sixthsense

• Like 1