Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warnings on medical implant hacks

Still Waters

Many medical implants are vulnerable to attacks that could threaten their users' lives, according to studies.

Security researchers have developed attacks that locate and compromise implants used to manage conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.

One attack identified a radio signal that, if re-broadcast, would have switched off a heart defibrillator.

Researchers say more work needs to be done to secure implants and protect against malicious actions.

arrow3.gifRead more...

That's seriously scary actually.Nut jobs could use this info to just hurt people.

Im shocked it can even disrupt insulin pumps.

Scary

Makes you wonder how safe you are are at the end of the day

We all know in the future there will be some hacker troll controlling a dudes robot arm and making him hit himself with it while yelling "stop hitting yourself". It is inevitable xD

Makes you wonder how safe you are are at the end of the day

Not very, I'd say.

BTW LOVE your avatar! It's from Emerson,Lake and Palmer's Brain Salad Surgery LP...what memories :tu:

download AVG for your pacemaker!!!!

I got a load of metal in my leg.... I guess I might be vulnerable to magnetic mines if I go swimming? ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see how it can get hacked its not a computer its a device so the ill intent would need to get hands on to tamper with it

• Like 1