Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You have no internet. Now what?

Paracelse

Cool I sell books on the internet :P wanna buy some?

Not really.

I'm kind of amused by those who say they'd watch DVDs or play video games (if the net went down). Some of us can recall a time when even VHS tapes and 'pong' didn't exist. :yes:

I was just old enough to remember when Pong came out. I was one of the first kids on the block to have it. I think it's still in my mom's attic with the original box.

Ctelstar.jpg

If the internet were to ever disappear I would be disappointed at first. Then I would go find a piano to play. :)

Not really.

teasing teasing teasing.. are you a girl or something???? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I'm gonna die I'm gonna die I'm gonna die

• 4 weeks later...

I actualy went a week without the internet, it tookover a week for a new router to come after mine died on me. Let's just say I got a LOT of work done, and I had some people to text to keep me sane.

this is easy answer for me and mine..

Read. Draw. Housework.Gardening.Walking.Talking to neighbors from the front porch.

Oh wait.. tis what we do NOW!

We generally do that now though. SO I suppose it would not be much different. I come online for some of the forums, my livejournal and facebook .

I find facebook and Livejournal keeps me in contact with friends and family who live in other countries and in other states, otherwise it would be back to Long Distance and International calls and one day a month sitting down to the desk and writing letters by hand :)

I am going to be 49 this june 8th, so internet has only been in my life for hrmm.. 15.. 16 yrs tops? and the first 6 to 7 yrs, It was more of a post on someplace, say hi, then go do other things off the computer, cuz we only had one computer to share between like 5 ppl.

Not like now, when we have two desktops, a net book, ipod, two android phones.....

Reminder: UM has members of all ages. Basically, anything that you wouldn't say in front of your Grandmother...don't post it here either.

Reminder: UM has members of all ages. Basically, anything that you wouldn't say in front of your Grandmother...don't post it here either.

Yeah but what if your grandmother is the type that likes to get her Freak On?

• Like 1

Then she can go and post at 'freakyseniors.com' because UM is a G to PG13 rated site.

Bottom line; there are plenty of places online where one can discuss adult content. However, UM is not one of them.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find freakyseniors.com

:( me sad.

*sigh*

:)

Oops! Google Chrome could not find freakyseniors.com

*Psst*....that's because I simply made it up. :yes:

*Psst*....that's because I simply made it up. :yes:

**GASP**!

NO WAY NO HOW! tis for real! heh

I wonder of course, how many others tried the link? *grins* I knew it was made up when you posted it to begin with, but well.. I just HAD to try!

I wonder if anyone of those from my generation ever tried calling BR549 (1 800 with it, of course it didnt work! but still)!!??

hrmmm.. i wonder how many here even KNOW the reference to BR549!

*grins* It was before computers, you know?

I would get the old shot gun handy plant a garden and start making bio fuel from all the rotting corpses :whistle: What ....