Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Viking robots found life on Mars in 1976,

Really ? Humour me - describe one of those laws being passed now that will make Christians feel it is their moral duty to drive out, maim and murder anyone who does not believe in Christ.

Or is that not the wave-length you were thinking of ?

We had a president who expressed it was his duty by god to attack Iraq, and you don't see similarities?

We currently has legislators undermining separation of church and state, who are removing womens rights, and are actively working against rights of homosexuals.

We currently have heavy allowances for "religious" organizations that allow lax restrictions for taxes and for such simple things as child care.

of the candidates we've had in this election, three were bug nutter insane and especially Santorum made remarks that were indistinguishable from the fatwah declaring ayatollahs.

There is something incredibly damaged about this system if someone like Santorum is considered a candidate.

We had a president who expressed it was his duty by god to attack Iraq, and you don't see similarities?

Not really - I thought the aim of the Iraq war was to rid the country of a despot, eliminate some imagined weapons and bring peace to a largely troubled nation. I think the jihad against non-Muslims is a totally different matter.

As for politics - I can't vote so I have not paid the attention to the the current political campaigns as much as I should have. Santorum, however, would certainly not have been my choice. For me, America and the UK both presently suffer from a lack of statesmen (or stateswomen). The media is very much to blame for this state of affairs, and It does not bode well for the future, as media technology invents new and faster ways to misguide the voting public about what is right and wrong with each politician. Once upon a time it took something as serious as a fatal car crash to ruin a politician - nowadays it can be something as slight as a misplaced hand or a careless remark. As a result some good people no longer want to put themselves on the firing line of public consumption. Strange really.....

Edited by Macroramphosis

Bit more complcated than that,actually. Some people got worried, called the local Police Station and got info on what was going on.

Many more people were worried it was an actual report of open warfare in the US from Germany (Since there were certain events that were happening about that time) and they missed the opening disclaimer to each section.

Several were worried, but continued listening and caught the disclaimer as it returned from break.

A few did think there were aliens, but a minority.

The main freak out occured because they thought that war had broken out and it'd hit US soil. Which since this was around the outbreak of WWII.

Keep in mind the times man. If something similar happened today, most people wouldn't be panicking due to aliens, even with the internet and other stations and such, people would think it's a terrorist attack or something.

As for news items like this... it's old news to anyone who actually reads NASA releases before they get picked up by mainstream news.

The information is there for you to read on their site, but instead people wait until the MM put it up and suddenly it's a freaking conspiracy.

And people waited aliens on roads with guns, people actually shoot at water silos because they thought it was aliens and so on.

Now if that is not panic....

We currently has legislators undermining separation of church and state, who are removing womens rights, and are actively working against rights of homosexuals.

We currently have heavy allowances for "religious" organizations that allow lax restrictions for taxes and for such simple things as child care.

of the candidates we've had in this election, three were bug nutter insane and especially Santorum made remarks that were indistinguishable from the fatwah declaring ayatollahs.

There is something incredibly damaged about this system if someone like Santorum is considered a candidate.

This posts should be debate for itself.

First President who say his duty by god to attack is Iraq is used very cunny. Question is what is their god? Oil, money and geopolitical power.

Budhha and Jesus are not. Be sure about that.

Not really - I thought the aim of the Iraq war was to rid the country of a despot, eliminate some imagined weapons and bring peace to a largely troubled nation. I think the jihad against non-Muslims is a totally different matter.

As for politics - I can't vote so I have not paid the attention to the the current political campaigns as much as I should have. Santorum, however, would certainly not have been my choice. For me, America and the UK both presently suffer from a lack of statesmen (or stateswomen). The media is very much to blame for this state of affairs, and It does not bode well for the future, as media technology invents new and faster ways to misguide the voting public about what is right and wrong with each politician. Once upon a time it took something as serious as a fatal car crash to ruin a politician - nowadays it can be something as slight as a misplaced hand or a careless remark. As a result some good people no longer want to put themselves on the firing line of public consumption. Strange really.....

If you remember much of his language was couched in religious terms when speaking about the war in the Middle East. Yes, it was for oil and to remove a warlord who wronged us, but much of thelanguage then and continues to be used involves god.

As for the current state of affairs in the US, you may want to look into a group called "The Family."

This new mathematical analysis of the Viking project data seems sound. Life, even very simple forms of life, are known to be able to produce more complex activity than inert substances. The normal Viking soil samples are said to have produced much more complex activity than its sterilized control samples. The former, seemingly living, samples reportedly resembled those of living things on Earth in their activity, did not react like inert substances on Earth.

Science is very careful, they will want to validate this new mathematical model with a great many tests. Still, it looks very promising, even at this early stage.

As far as this all being part of a 'disclosure' process, I couldn't say. It *does* look a little odd, though, they way NASA, since Viking, seems to have focused on indirect, geological clues to possible life on Mars, rather than biological work. Its been wondered why none of the probes since then has included a biological microscope, fitted out to look for micro-organisms in solutions. Link to a good article on this topic: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/04/120413-nasa-viking-program-mars-life-space-science/

Edited by bison

THERE IS LIFE ON MARS!

Whoa, thanks for clearing that up! I can stop looking at the evidence now.

Whoa, thanks for clearing that up! I can stop looking at the evidence now.

Personaly, I never had any doubts,... :)

face_on_mars_2.jpg

if this is true then christianity and God would be fake. this is a perfect oppirtunity for atheists to argue the point of god with christians

Speaking as a card carrying (Library card, anyway) atheist, the presence of life in any form on another planet would not disprove god, or the Christian God for that matter.

if this is true then christianity and God would be fake. this is a perfect oppirtunity for atheists to argue the point of god with christians

Why is it assumed that Christianity being proven false would intrinsically eliminate God from the equation?

I am myself an atheist Hindu, and thus I do not believe in either God or Christianity; however, it is absurd to argue that the discovery of life on Mars would disprove either false belief (I do not mean to offend Christians; this is simply my own view).

Edited by Arbitran

Speaking as a card carrying (Library card, anyway) atheist, the presence of life in any form on another planet would not disprove god, or the Christian God for that matter.

Well-stated. I did not read your post before writing my own...

In this forum the evidence of God would only prove that all the believers in christian religion and all religions in that matter would be up against the "Where`s the Proof Wall "

As it should be ! Where`s the Beef ! WHere`s E.T. ? Where`s anything that goes bump in the night ? One should live there life in the belief system of Im the best thing that ever happened to me ! And share it with everyone !

Self Love,and strength in the knowledge of We are all our own Power source,and in being such were all God. Or what ever you chose to call your wonderful Self`s ! :tu:

Back on topic, anyone actually think they found life on Mars? Personally, I do not.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure there is life there. I am sure there is life in most places. Life like us or say ducks... not so certain. Surely somewhere in the universe there will be. But not in our solar system anyway!

I think this might have been what Lost_Shamen was talking about on another thread about a month or so ago....I missed the context in which he was talking about it, it intrigued me then, but I hadn't really heard about it before. Thanks for posting it, enjoyable read :tu:

Hey Sky Scanner,

Yes I was talking about this a couple months ago. I'm quite sympathetic to the claim in light of new information. The tests by the Viking landers couldn't and were not designed to prove life existed, they were designed to detect Life if it was there. The Labeled Release experiment was the only test that met it's preflight requirements for a positive result. They eventually dismissed this as contaminates from Earth. New evidence of Perclorates in the Martian Soil explain the results. i.e. they detected Life after all.

Edited by lost_shaman

• 2 months later...

how would this disprove god? first we rly need to ask are self "wat is god"? is it literally a man in the sky/space that makes crap because he is bored? or is it some kind of ultimate force in the universe that can be attributed to all things we can touch, taste, feel, breath and see? if its the second then well i doubt anything we find can disprove that.