Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A ghost pretended to be my father, Twice!

bekindtoyurbuds

One Night me and my mother (I was about 17) followed my dad down stairs....

We started on the 2nd story of our house, from the main living room, where the couch and TV are. Down the hallway (20ft), down the first flight of stairs (8ft), down the second flight of stairs (8ft), down the first level hallway (10ft), down another hallway (5ft) to the house/garage door entrance and into the laundry room

Me and my mother followed my father all the way from the upstairs to the down stairs a total, of at least 41ft, if not more. Keep in mind that we were two steps behind him the whole time, all the way from the upstairs room to the laundry room (down stairs), prob about 3 ft away from him the whole time. (if I would have taken a "double step" I could have touched him in the back)

Each time my dad turned a corner, 1 sec later, me and my mother turned the corner, with my dad in sight for 98% of the journey (from upstairs to downstairs)

when we turned the corner down the last stretch of (downstairs) hallway, ending in the Laundry room, we froze.......my dad was nowhere to be found.

I paused......said "what the hell" turned to look at my mom, (she gave me a weird look) and we both started calling for my dad. Who happened to be sitting upstairs where we started the journey.

My question is, WHO THE HELL DID WE FOLLOW INTO THE LAUNDRY ROOM IF IT WASN'T MY DAD???????? WE HAD OUR EYES ON WHATEVER IT WAS THE WHOLE TIME, AS WE FOLLOWED IT DOWNSTAIRS!!!!!!!!

If that isn't weird enough it happened again.

I was visiting my parents for the holiday, staying in my old room I have always had, since my parents have never changed it since I left.

I was sleeping in bed and woke up around 4 in the morning and was super thirsty, I decided to go back to sleep because if I got up to get some water I would probably never get back to sleep.

I woke up a few hours later because I had gotten a phone call (it was about 7:45am according to my cell phone), I answered, but nobody replied so I hung up , by this time I REALLY needed some water, so I had to get up. I had a cup next to my bed so I grabbed it and headed toward the bathroom to fill it up (which is just across the hall from my room, about 8 ft away)

As I opened my door, I noticed my dad standing in his robe messing with the TV (which is normal, as he normally will wake up and turn the TV on so he can watch it while getting ready for work) I said "good morning" and proceeded to walk to the bathroom to fill my cup with water and head back to bed.

As I was walking to the bathroom my father followed me, and proceeded to talk to me as I was filling my cup with water.......

I was half asleep at this point, and really couldn't comprehend anything that he had said to me, it was just all "gibberish" at the time.

He kept talking to me as I was heading back to my room, when I finally got to the door of my room,

I said "DAD! I don't know what the hell your talking about , I'm going back to sleep!" Then proceeded to walk into my room.

When I woke up a few hours later I remembered that my dad was talking to me when I went to get some water, a few hours before. All I could remember was that my dad was telling me that the house was a mess and to clean it up before he came home, I also remembered that I yelled at him.

Feeling super bad for yelling at my dad, as soon as I woke up I straightened everything in the house, cleaned the dishes, vacuumed the floors, basically I did everything to make the house look "spik and span",before he came home, it was perfect!

I waited around the house till about 6pm, still feeling bad for talking that way to my dad. As soon as my dad walked in the door, I was there to meet him, I told him that I was sorry for talking that way to him early this morning.

He looked puzzled......and said what?..........what are you talking about?

So I went over what had happened early in the morning and once again told him that I was sorry.

He then said "I didn't see you this morning" I said yeah, it was at.....(looking at my phone, to check the time when the person who had called me had woken me up).....7:45am..........

My dad then proceeded to tell me that he had to leave early for work that morning because the alarm at work had gone off.

He said that he left the house sometime around 3am in the morning and was no where near the house at or around 7:45am in the morning.............

ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!! WHO THE HELL DID I TALK TOO EARLY THAT MORNING!!!!!!!

I say always stay in front of him and put a jingle bell bracelet on him.

You'll always know it's him and he can't vanish if he's behind you.

See, simple really.

Welcome to UM.

Buddha_Meditation.jpg

Welcome to UM, bekind. This entity seems meanspirited no pun intended. I mean, it's got all eternity and decides to punk you....twice? What's that about?

Creepy story, man.

im not an expert, but i have some experience, rarely (it does happen) do spirits of humans take on the identity of other humans simply put, you wouldn't act like someone else unless necessary(on the run, or identity thief, etc.) now the most common misconception is that ghosts/spirits/souls are of some other something, realistically they are the disembodied souls of dearly departed HUMANS. Now there are other ethereal beings that exist demons/angels/lost souls/and some other less savory characters, now from what you pointed out, my guess is either a slightly mischievous poltergeist, which is really nothing to be super on guard with. or a demon, which is usually signified by the ability to fully manifest and the speaking in gibberish, but since no harm was actually done, i dont think you have much to worry about, if you do happen to cross paths with it, my favorite way of determining what they are is blatantly asking its name, they are usually reluctant to appear to you after that since names carry weight this side the veil or the other.

something similar happened to my mom last week. she was home alone and she had just laid down when she heard the front door unlock and open and then close then she saw my dad come in and get something out of his drawer. then she said like his usual routine he went in the kitchen and opened things and made a sandwich...and she got up because he hadn't said hello or come back in the room after everything had settled in the kitchen.

the door was still locked nothing had been touched in the kitchen, and my dad was no where to be seen. so when she called him, she found out he was still on the other side of town and hadn't made it home for lunch yet...

Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways? That seems odd in itself.

• Like 2

Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways? That seems odd in itself.

That was my first question.

To Bekind - What reason were you following your dad to the Garage/Laundry? Welcome to UM btw! Before we say it's "paranormal" lets get some facts here. We, the observer of your claim, don't have the first hand account nor knowledge of who you are. So we are only able to take you for face value. Not being rude but, just reality. Is there a history of mental illness in your house hold? How old are you? Have you ever had other things happen in your home you cannot explain?

Your first story is strange but, to jump to Paranormal is a leap. Now, your second story sounds more like a dream. You mentioned, and I quote "I was half asleep at this point, and really couldn't comprehend anything that he had said to me, it was just all "gibberish" at the time." This shows this was more than likely you still in a dream state. You received a call that abruptly woke you out of REM state, where you proceeded to get water and witnessed this event. I wouldn't worry too much about this. It happens a lot when you are woken up multiple times through-out the night.

I do want to thank you though for the detailed information in your post! It's nice to see! :yes:

• Like 1

That was my first question.

To Bekind - What reason were you following your dad to the Garage/Laundry? Welcome to UM btw! Before we say it's "paranormal" lets get some facts here. We, the observer of your claim, don't have the first hand account nor knowledge of who you are. So we are only able to take you for face value. Not being rude but, just reality. Is there a history of mental illness in your house hold? How old are you? Have you ever had other things happen in your home you cannot explain?

Your first story is strange but, to jump to Paranormal is a leap. Now, your second story sounds more like a dream. You mentioned, and I quote "I was half asleep at this point, and really couldn't comprehend anything that he had said to me, it was just all "gibberish" at the time." This shows this was more than likely you still in a dream state. You received a call that abruptly woke you out of REM state, where you proceeded to get water and witnessed this event. I wouldn't worry too much about this. It happens a lot when you are woken up multiple times through-out the night.

I do want to thank you though for the detailed information in your post! It's nice to see! :yes:

Well... to answer the first question "Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways?"

I will have to go back little further in the story,

With the first incident:

We rented two movies from the video store to watch that night, We had just finished watching the first movie, (in our upstairs living room, where the tv is). I went to the VCR to remove the movie we had just watched, and began to put in the second. My dad then said, lets take out the garbage and put the cans on the curb before we start the second movie. So we all got up to collect the garbage. After removing the garbage from the trash cans (in our rooms and bathrooms upstairs) I asked my dad where the new garbage bags were, he said they were in the laundry room, I said I couldn't find them, and then he started to head down stairs,(I assumed, to show me where he had put them) so I quickly followed as did my mother (my father has a knack for not putting things in the correct place, so we both (my mother and I) followed quickly behind him to see were he had put the garbage bags this time).

We weren't sneaking behind him quietly, we were just following him like normal. I don't remember saying anything to my mother or father, during the 20 secs it took to walk down stairs and through the house. (we were just getting garbage bags, not much to talk about)

There is no mental illness that runs in my family.

And the fact that both me and my mother saw "my father" walking in front of us, leads me to believe that this was not a figment of my imagination.

(you should have seen the look on my mothers face when we turned the corner, fully expecting to see my father standing in the laundry room, there is only one way to get in and out of the room)

As far as my first story being a "leap" to jump to a paranormal conclusion, I respectfully disagree. (I can't see how this can be explained any other way, it just not possible physically )

The "person" we followed downstairs looked just as real as any other person (flesh and blood), and gave no clue as to being anything out of the normal, until we turned the corner to find him gone.

It was shocking, to say the least, it was like hitting a brick wall, when he was nowhere to be found.

keep in mind that we were right behind him the whole way.

The sec we noticed that he wasn't in the room, we began calling for my dad, who answered right away from upstairs, where we ran up to see him.

It was probably about 5 secs, From the time he "disappeared" to the time we found him sitting upstairs.

To make it physically possible, my Father would have had to done one of two things:

1. walk past us in the opposite direction heading back up stairs (which we would have definitely seen)

or

2. run through the garage (15ft) (at lightning speed), out the back garage door, through the backyard gate (15ft), around the front of the house (60ft), through the front door, down the entrance hall (15ft) and back up two flights of stairs (16ft total), down the upstairs hallway (20ft), leading back to the TV room. (This just isn't possible within 5 secs, even for the fastest runner in my family, of which my father is not)

I am really a skeptic at heart when it comes to things like these, and I have racked my brain throughout the years trying to find a rational explanation for this occurrence. But I have yet to find one.

I am 30 years old now, at the time of the first incident I was around 17 (so it happened around 1998)

As far as my second encounter goes, which happened when I was about 26 (around 2008)

You are right. there is a possibility that it could have been a dream. Because I was half asleep.

Though I have never had a dream as vivid as this, before or after this incident.

During the second incident I saw him separate times, let me explain:

I saw my father right as I exited my room, standing in the family room watching TV in his robe. This is when he started to speak to me about the house being a mess.

I looked away towards the bathroom,

As I walked into the bathroom he followed me and stood next to the door (which was open)while I filled my cup, I was looking at him while filling it.

I looked away again, shut off the water and then proceeded to head back to my room.

At that point I got back to the door of my room which was closed, turned back around to address my father who was still talking to me, and then I yelled at him.

I would think that if it were a dream, my father would not have still been standing there, considering I looked away and back at him 3 times during the encounter.

The second story is really nothing without the first. While there is a possibility that the 2nd encounter was a dream, the 1st was not.

(if it was in fact a dream, it would have to be the strangest, most vivid dream I have ever had in my life)

• Like 1

Well... to answer the first question "Why were you and your mom silently following your dad through the house anyways?"

I will have to go back little further in the story,

With the first incident:

We rented two movies from the video store to watch that night, We had just finished watching the first movie, (in our upstairs living room, where the tv is). I went to the VCR to remove the movie we had just watched, and began to put in the second. My dad then said, lets take out the garbage and put the cans on the curb before we start the second movie. So we all got up to collect the garbage. After removing the garbage from the trash cans (in our rooms and bathrooms upstairs) I asked my dad where the new garbage bags were, he said they were in the laundry room, I said I couldn't find them, and then he started to head down stairs,(I assumed, to show me where he had put them) so I quickly followed as did my mother (my father has a knack for not putting things in the correct place, so we both (my mother and I) followed quickly behind him to see were he had put the garbage bags this time).

We weren't sneaking behind him quietly, we were just following him like normal. I don't remember saying anything to my mother or father, during the 20 secs it took to walk down stairs and through the house. (we were just getting garbage bags, not much to talk about)

There is no mental illness that runs in my family.

And the fact that both me and my mother saw "my father" walking in front of us, leads me to believe that this was not a figment of my imagination.

(you should have seen the look on my mothers face when we turned the corner, fully expecting to see my father standing in the laundry room, there is only one way to get in and out of the room)

As far as my first story being a "leap" to jump to a paranormal conclusion, I respectfully disagree. (I can't see how this can be explained any other way, it just not possible physically )

The "person" we followed downstairs looked just as real as any other person (flesh and blood), and gave no clue as to being anything out of the normal, until we turned the corner to find him gone.

It was shocking, to say the least, it was like hitting a brick wall, when he was nowhere to be found.

keep in mind that we were right behind him the whole way.

The sec we noticed that he wasn't in the room, we began calling for my dad, who answered right away from upstairs, where we ran up to see him.

It was probably about 5 secs, From the time he "disappeared" to the time we found him sitting upstairs.

To make it physically possible, my Father would have had to done one of two things:

1. walk past us in the opposite direction heading back up stairs (which we would have definitely seen)

or

2. run through the garage (15ft) (at lightning speed), out the back garage door, through the backyard gate (15ft), around the front of the house (60ft), through the front door, down the entrance hall (15ft) and back up two flights of stairs (16ft total), down the upstairs hallway (20ft), leading back to the TV room. (This just isn't possible within 5 secs, even for the fastest runner in my family, of which my father is not)

I am really a skeptic at heart when it comes to things like these, and I have racked my brain throughout the years trying to find a rational explanation for this occurrence. But I have yet to find one.

I am 30 years old now, at the time of the first incident I was around 17 (so it happened around 1998)

As far as my second encounter goes, which happened when I was about 26 (around 2008)

You are right. there is a possibility that it could have been a dream. Because I was half asleep.

Though I have never had a dream as vivid as this, before or after this incident.

During the second incident I saw him separate times, let me explain:

I saw my father right as I exited my room, standing in the family room watching TV in his robe. This is when he started to speak to me about the house being a mess.

I looked away towards the bathroom,

As I walked into the bathroom he followed me and stood next to the door (which was open)while I filled my cup, I was looking at him while filling it.

I looked away again, shut off the water and then proceeded to head back to my room.

At that point I got back to the door of my room which was closed, turned back around to address my father who was still talking to me, and then I yelled at him.

I would think that if it were a dream, my father would not have still been standing there, considering I looked away and back at him 3 times during the encounter.

The second story is really nothing without the first. While there is a possibility that the 2nd encounter was a dream, the 1st was not.

(if it was in fact a dream, it would have to be the strangest, most vivid dream I have ever had in my life)

Thank you for the detail! It's much appreciated and shows some credibility on your part! I wont comment on the second story as it can be too easily ruled out as a dream. Now, the first story has me baffled. By your description, it does seem something very odd happened here. Provided you aren't pulling our legs (Sorry, happens a lot here).

Did you ask your father during the first episode, after it happened, if he'd seen anything strange? What did your mother feel happened? Have you both spoken about it in detail? What's her take? Had there been any other strange happenings in your home?

It does seem like you had a pretty awesome personal experience here. Pretty cool and should consider yourself lucky to have experienced that. It's not something that could be reproduced nor scientifically quantified however, and as such isn't evidence of the paranormal or the like. I've had a few of these myself actually which has stemmed my research and schooling. Although, as I've said and attest to, I will not allow them to skew my research nor be used as evidence. It's simply a personal experience of which I can appreciate!

It's cool to have them. What it should create in those who've had these is the willingness and desire to further educate themselves in scientific method as well in natural occurrences for most things that are "paranormal." Thus, furthering our understanding of what is really going on. Then, when you re-test your personal experience, and it still withstands the new knowledge and method, you are able to realize the validity of your personal experience. It will never be evidence however.

Does that make sense? You see, when most people have these experiences, they throw all reason out, and flood their brains with Ghost stories, TV shows like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures etc, and completely ignore rational thought and reason. Creating a "Blind Faith" persona for themselves. They are the ones who whenever a claim is posted they automatically start screaming "Oh it's an Elemental Djinn from babanoo's hells gate who is coming to make your life terrible." When in reality, to those who've educated themselves and seriously worked hard to create a scientific and tactical mind set towards this, can say "Well actually, it was simply a case of your neighbor having a party lol"

Anyway, thank you for your story! I hope you'll stay here and educate yourself!! We need more rational minded people here! Cheers! :tu:

Thanks for sharing these odd experiences bekindtoyourbud and Acenaspheru.

Ive never read anything like these accounts before, but im interested to see how this pans out.

One part I dont get, you said you were all getting the bins emptied and about to take it out to the curb. Then you followed your 'dad' to the laundry. He then disappeared and when you shouted out his name you found him sitting upstairs.

Did he give up on the rubbish? How come he wasnt still getting the rubbish together?

Dont mean to be too nit-picky :)

One part I dont get, you said you were all getting the bins emptied and about to take it out to the curb. Then you followed your 'dad' to the laundry. He then disappeared and when you shouted out his name you found him sitting upstairs.

Did he give up on the rubbish? How come he wasnt still getting the rubbish together?

Dont mean to be too nit-picky :)

Usually, when my father would say "LETS take out the garbage", what he was really saying was "YOU should take out the garbage".

He would normally help with the upstairs, but it was usually my job to take care of the downstairs and put the cans on the curb.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing these odd experiences bekindtoyourbud and Acenaspheru.

Ive never read anything like these accounts before, but im interested to see how this pans out.

i've heard stories like it before but never encountered it myself. except one day when i was still living at home. mom and i were talking about dinner and we wanted my dads opinion. so we were trying to find him and were yelling. after about 2 minutes we heard him from the office "in here." so i open the door to ask him and no ones in there. so i'm like "he's not there"

turns out, he was across the street...

now mom says she's hearing footsteps. it's weird.

Woah,Your Story Is So Awesome .. I Agree That The 2nd Story Might Have Been A Dream, Although It's Pretty Cool Too .. Wish I Could Dream As Vividly .. But The First Story Sounds Very Believable To Me .. I Can't Decide Whether It Is Spooky Or Not Lol .. In Any Case, You Should Consider Yourself Lucky .. I Think I'd Be Scared To Death If It Happened To Me :D

What it sounds like is that you were having a lucid dream in BOTH cases (the 2nd one is a dead giveaway; the groggy details; heading back to bed, etc.) The first story starts out with you oddly following your dad around the house. Again, it's a DREAM. It seemed real because it was lucid.

Clear giveaways with even lucid dreams is the 'stutter' effect. One moment you're doing something 'linear' and then something happens and your vantage point changes or there's missing steps in-between the next action. For instance, I had a dream this morning that I was in the bathroom at my mother's house cleaning up water around the base of the shower. Then I noticed it was yellow. I figured the dog peed while I was taking a shower because it couldn't wait any longer and it was in the bathroom trying to get my attention, but I didn't notice because it didn't bark or anything. I then grab a phone...but wait. Where did the phone come from? Suddenly there's this phone in my hand and I'm talking to my mother who went to work already. The work thing could be consistent if I'm visiting her house and staying overnight since I live a good distance from her and she does have a dog and so these details are believable and so my brain goes along with it. The problem is, the bathroom isn't the bathroom from her current house (it's the one I grew up in). There's no phone in the bathroom. I never looked for a phone or picked one up or dialed it or waited for her to answer. I was just suddenly talking to her on the phone and it felt normal. It's like those details weren't important so my brain skipped over them and disregarded them in one motion. Because I disregarded it, I didn't notice until after I woke up that those details were missing (when I'm thinking rationally and fully awake).

Suddenly, in the dream, I hear someone walking in the house. I look down the hallway and see someone just rounding the corner. But wait, when did I MOVE from the shower to the hallway? I was just suddenly THERE. And again, my brain disregarded this DURING the dream as normal. I then apparently followed this person to see who it was, yet the motion felt weird (e.g. Where's my feet? I don't FEEL anything walking, but again, my brain doesn't care during the dream). Suddenly, I round a bend and see a glimpse and it looks like this friend I knew from high school I haven't seen in 18 years. But where are all these long corridors that I'm rounding? The distance to the bedroom from the bathroom is all of 8 feet! It doesn't matter. It feels normal and real. I then go into my bedroom (at my OWN house no less) and I wake up for real staring at a door I can't tell if it's open or closed (I'm very near-sighted) and I see my bath robe hanging off the back of the door but with my terrible vision, I think maybe it's someone standing in the hallway (in actuality the door is closed and I'm seeing the bathrobe on the back of the door!). It takes a minute before I fully wake up out of this foggy/wake state and realize it was all a load of BS. Now IF I hadn't woken up right away and IF there weren't so many dead giveaways about the inaccuracies of the house, etc., I might easily think this happened at some point if I remembered it a few days later instead of at that moment (i.e. Deja Vu feelings like this are common if you encounter a location from a dream you can't quite recall but start remembering bits and then wonder if it was real or not).

Back to your dream. Why were you chasing your dad around the house? Why was your mom with you? Was the house absolutely accurate? Was the motion of walking linear? Did you feel your feet moving underneath you? Was the lighting correct? Could you hear real sounds or were they foggy "thought" sounds? What did you do after your dad 'disappeared' other than looking at your mom funny? What happened next? Where did you go next? What did you do next? The 2nd dream you went back to bed so it's too easy for it to be a wake-up scenario. But if you can't remember ANYTHING after that part where you stopped in the first example, it was probably a dream too.

• Like 2

What it sounds like is that you were having a lucid dream in BOTH cases (the 2nd one is a dead giveaway; the groggy details; heading back to bed, etc.) The first story starts out with you oddly following your dad around the house. Again, it's a DREAM. It seemed real because it was lucid.

Clear giveaways with even lucid dreams is the 'stutter' effect. One moment you're doing something 'linear' and then something happens and your vantage point changes or there's missing steps in-between the next action. For instance, I had a dream this morning that I was in the bathroom at my mother's house cleaning up water around the base of the shower. Then I noticed it was yellow. I figured the dog peed while I was taking a shower because it couldn't wait any longer and it was in the bathroom trying to get my attention, but I didn't notice because it didn't bark or anything. I then grab a phone...but wait. Where did the phone come from? Suddenly there's this phone in my hand and I'm talking to my mother who went to work already. The work thing could be consistent if I'm visiting her house and staying overnight since I live a good distance from her and she does have a dog and so these details are believable and so my brain goes along with it. The problem is, the bathroom isn't the bathroom from her current house (it's the one I grew up in). There's no phone in the bathroom. I never looked for a phone or picked one up or dialed it or waited for her to answer. I was just suddenly talking to her on the phone and it felt normal. It's like those details weren't important so my brain skipped over them and disregarded them in one motion. Because I disregarded it, I didn't notice until after I woke up that those details were missing (when I'm thinking rationally and fully awake).

Suddenly, in the dream, I hear someone walking in the house. I look down the hallway and see someone just rounding the corner. But wait, when did I MOVE from the shower to the hallway? I was just suddenly THERE. And again, my brain disregarded this DURING the dream as normal. I then apparently followed this person to see who it was, yet the motion felt weird (e.g. Where's my feet? I don't FEEL anything walking, but again, my brain doesn't care during the dream). Suddenly, I round a bend and see a glimpse and it looks like this friend I knew from high school I haven't seen in 18 years. But where are all these long corridors that I'm rounding? The distance to the bedroom from the bathroom is all of 8 feet! It doesn't matter. It feels normal and real. I then go into my bedroom (at my OWN house no less) and I wake up for real staring at a door I can't tell if it's open or closed (I'm very near-sighted) and I see my bath robe hanging off the back of the door but with my terrible vision, I think maybe it's someone standing in the hallway (in actuality the door is closed and I'm seeing the bathrobe on the back of the door!). It takes a minute before I fully wake up out of this foggy/wake state and realize it was all a load of BS. Now IF I hadn't woken up right away and IF there weren't so many dead giveaways about the inaccuracies of the house, etc., I might easily think this happened at some point if I remembered it a few days later instead of at that moment (i.e. Deja Vu feelings like this are common if you encounter a location from a dream you can't quite recall but start remembering bits and then wonder if it was real or not).

Back to your dream. Why were you chasing your dad around the house? Why was your mom with you? Was the house absolutely accurate? Was the motion of walking linear? Did you feel your feet moving underneath you? Was the lighting correct? Could you hear real sounds or were they foggy "thought" sounds? What did you do after your dad 'disappeared' other than looking at your mom funny? What happened next? Where did you go next? What did you do next? The 2nd dream you went back to bed so it's too easy for it to be a wake-up scenario. But if you can't remember ANYTHING after that part where you stopped in the first example, it was probably a dream too.

You my friend, have some how managed to miss half the conversation.

Yeah...your right

You my friend, have some how managed to miss half the conversation.

Yeah, I somehow missed his post about emptying the garbage, but even so, I've had dreams that were probably well over an hour long in terms of events happening (don't know about in the real world) and a back story alone doesn't make me dismiss a dream possibility. An easy way to check, of course, is for him to ask his mother if she remembers the same event as described. I mean for all the talk about following his father, there's no mention of what his father had to say when they related the story of following him. Unlike certain people on these forums, I don't dismiss paranormal possibilities, having experienced several myself, but I can't say I've EVER heard of a ghost impersonating someone like that. Maybe situations where people followed "someone" and mistook the identity or something and then the apparition disappeared, but at two feet, I'd think one could recognize their own dad from behind.

What about the house? Hold old is it? Are you the first family to live there? Was that area known to be used for something else in the past (Poltergeist being set in a former graveyard comes to mind; I know my old house where a lot of activity seemed to be present was once Native American land so who knows what locations might have been burial grounds hundreds of years ago.

My current house has had one previous owner and they're still alive and thus far there's been very little activity (two waking dreams/voices in 6 years compared to hundreds of sleep paralysis events, odd orb lights and televisions changing channels and turning themselves on/off at the previous house. And it all started the night I moved in there and stopped after I left so I don't think it was just me. Even so, I think something/someone was trying to communicate. I don't think anything was trying to harm me. I eventually heard "prophetic" messages and then the activity stopped a few months before I actually moved out so I felt like whatever it was managed to find a way to communicate whatever it was they had to say (discussed in other threads). Yeah, it could just be sleep paralysis or waking dream effects, but that didn't explain the other occurrences that happened when I was awake there (red glowing orbs flying through my bedroom at night that had no windows and a BLUE nightlight and right before I went to bed, just after laying down and of course the aforementioned tv turning on/off and surfing channels on its own. And that channel changing was through the cable box, so it wasn't just the TV or a single remote frequency and it was IR and underground so no one could stand outside a window and do it. A family member still has that set and it has never done that since moving it to their house.

All I know is there are stranger things in this Universe than we can fully understand or explain. Astronomy alone has turned up some incredibly odd things happening near the edge of the known Universe that don't fit well into our cosmic model (some have had explanations, but they're still inconclusive in my mind since black holes, even on-axis supposedly exist much closer than the edge of the Universe, yet all the massive gamma ray bursts are ONLY coming from the edge of known space. We think we know a lot, but our understanding of science, etc. is still so young.

One final thought comes to mind and that is the 'haunting' phenomena whereby it's theorized that a playback loop in space/time somehow is etched into that space and under certain conditions it will play back something that DID happen at one point, but isn't currently happening. In other words, you could have been seeing a time loop of your father going to the laundry room, but it happened at a different time. It is not known what causes these sorts of things to record, but a hypothesis is usually along the lines of strong emotion, but obviously people have strong emotions all the time. That doesn't make them etch time/space so who knows. Did you notice if the clothes he had on were exactly the same as that night? Did he go to the laundry room earlier that night?

Edited by VonMagnum
  • Like 2

Yeah, I somehow missed his post about emptying the garbage, but even so, I've had dreams that were probably well over an hour long in terms of events happening (don't know about in the real world) and a back story alone doesn't make me dismiss a dream possibility. An easy way to check, of course, is for him to ask his mother if she remembers the same event as described. I mean for all the talk about following his father, there's no mention of what his father had to say when they related the story of following him. Unlike certain people on these forums, I don't dismiss paranormal possibilities, having experienced several myself, but I can't say I've EVER heard of a ghost impersonating someone like that. Maybe situations where people followed "someone" and mistook the identity or something and then the apparition disappeared, but at two feet, I'd think one could recognize their own dad from behind.

What about the house? Hold old is it? Are you the first family to live there? Was that area known to be used for something else in the past (Poltergeist being set in a former graveyard comes to mind; I know my old house where a lot of activity seemed to be present was once Native American land so who knows what locations might have been burial grounds hundreds of years ago.

My current house has had one previous owner and they're still alive and thus far there's been very little activity (two waking dreams/voices in 6 years compared to hundreds of sleep paralysis events, odd orb lights and televisions changing channels and turning themselves on/off at the previous house. And it all started the night I moved in there and stopped after I left so I don't think it was just me. Even so, I think something/someone was trying to communicate. I don't think anything was trying to harm me. I eventually heard "prophetic" messages and then the activity stopped a few months before I actually moved out so I felt like whatever it was managed to find a way to communicate whatever it was they had to say (discussed in other threads). Yeah, it could just be sleep paralysis or waking dream effects, but that didn't explain the other occurrences that happened when I was awake there (red glowing orbs flying through my bedroom at night that had no windows and a BLUE nightlight and right before I went to bed, just after laying down and of course the aforementioned tv turning on/off and surfing channels on its own. And that channel changing was through the cable box, so it wasn't just the TV or a single remote frequency and it was IR and underground so no one could stand outside a window and do it. A family member still has that set and it has never done that since moving it to their house.

All I know is there are stranger things in this Universe than we can fully understand or explain. Astronomy alone has turned up some incredibly odd things happening near the edge of the known Universe that don't fit well into our cosmic model (some have had explanations, but they're still inconclusive in my mind since black holes, even on-axis supposedly exist much closer than the edge of the Universe, yet all the massive gamma ray bursts are ONLY coming from the edge of known space. We think we know a lot, but our understanding of science, etc. is still so young.

One final thought comes to mind and that is the 'haunting' phenomena whereby it's theorized that a playback loop in space/time somehow is etched into that space and under certain conditions it will play back something that DID happen at one point, but isn't currently happening. In other words, you could have been seeing a time loop of your father going to the laundry room, but it happened at a different time. It is not known what causes these sorts of things to record, but a hypothesis is usually along the lines of strong emotion, but obviously people have strong emotions all the time. That doesn't make them etch time/space so who knows. Did you notice if the clothes he had on were exactly the same as that night? Did he go to the laundry room earlier that night?

Wow, i gotta say that in my opinion, this member has come up with a lot of things which could account for what happened.

Also the post bout dreams was very good and made a lot of sense.

It may be a possible explanation for the experience the op posted.

However, im not writting off the ops experience as a dream.

The op is not the only person to have experienced that type of thing.

Just find this topic interesting is all

Well, it's an interesting STORY and that's what they all are unfortunately. :unsure:

Well, it's an interesting STORY and that's what they all are unfortunately. :unsure:

Are you implying people just come on here and make things up or what? Or do you have some insight into the Universe and what is and is not possible that the rest of us don't have? Yeah, there's a lot of BS out there, but some things that happen are harder to explain. Frankly, I never understood why some people come to the paranormal forum areas if they don't believe any of it's possible. To 'enlighten' people how delusional or mentally ill they are (one person in this thread comes to mind) or is it to just poke fun at the crazies?

I like the avatar, BTW. I always thought Linda Carter was hot.

Edited by VonMagnum
  • Like 1

if you are a girl maybe that ghost is a pervert .. he wants to play daddy with you :P if you are a guy that ghost must be gay lolll

j.k intresting story . but i think you did good to listen to the ghost.. cleaning up everything .. and all .. you made the ghost happy :D

or it could be really your dad... i heard stories about ppl .. that could be actually at 2 places at the same time .. without them knowing it

and in your case ,, maybe just maybe your dad was thinking around 7.45 .. about telling you to clean the house. and about how he ,well . .walked around..

and somehow his thinking turned into reality without him knowing.. so he sended a piece of his energy back to house.. and talked to you ..

and you received it ... .. because the band between you your father and mother is really strong.. ..

that you could send eachother messages .. in your mind that can turns into reality .. yeah something like that..

so it doesnt have to be a ghost that is trying to trick you ..