Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Park Service Requiring Permits to Hunt Bigfoo

keninsc

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• keninsc

• Q-C

• Rafterman

• Conrad Clough

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic.

I wonder if woodpecker watching groups have to pay the permit fee?

I would guess they probably do if they are charging people money to take them out to look at woodpeckers. That is what he got in trouble for, he was running a tour business with out a permit... it had nothing really to do with the reason that he was giving those tours (bigfoot).

Well people charge to talk to the dead and 'experience' ghosts. so why not bigots

Someone should tell these people these hunters that they are wasting their money because Bigfoot doesn't exist, if it existed one would have turned up by now dead or alive

Fantastic.

I wonder if woodpecker watching groups have to pay the permit fee?

Naaaaaw, the woodpecker hunters just walk in circles looking up at the time. Though I think it ironic that now the Park Service wants in on the scam. Fool's and their money and all that, one wonders what they'd do if you shot one?

"If you're going to make a business out of taking naive people into national parks and extorting money from them to go hunt around for Bigfoot" Bingo! reporter

$10,000 bucks! What is he showing them? Even Finding Bigfoot can't find anything worth looking at. I wonder how much *ahem* "advance prep" he does?

My sister is out of work, maybe.... :P

Edited by QuiteContrary

Naaaaaw, the woodpecker hunters just walk in circles looking up at the time. Though I think it ironic that now the Park Service wants in on the scam. Fool's and their money and all that, one wonders what they'd do if you shot one?

I would guess that anyone doing any kind of paid tour or conducting business in general in Federal Parks has to buy such permits.

I would guess that anyone doing any kind of paid tour or conducting business in general in Federal Parks has to buy such permits.

That would be my guess as well, however it seems that they might have checked before hand. However, 31 people at a median price of $400 each is $12,400.00. Not a bad haul. Wonder if that was a weekend "expedition" or what?

Edited by keninsc

I guess what bothers me the most about these expeditions and day trips and conferences... is the kids. Teaching kids "this" or "that" is bigfoot signs or behavior...

I'm a parent and I've made my share of bad parenting calls. But I still feel sorry for these kids. It's just wrong.

Some of these adult footer "teachers" know they are full of it. I couldn't look a kid in the eye and sleep at night while spreading my BS.

What a waste and distortion of what could be a great outdoor teaching opportunity for kids.

Just my opinion.

I guess what bothers me the most about these expeditions and day trips and conferences... is the kids. Teaching kids "this" or "that" is bigfoot signs or behavior...

I'm a parent and I've made my share of bad parenting calls. But I still feel sorry for these kids. It's just wrong.

Some of these adult footer "teachers" know they are full of it. I couldn't look a kid in the eye and sleep at night while spreading my BS.

What a waste and distortion of what could be a great outdoor teaching opportunity for kids.

Just my opinion.

Hey we all make mistakes in parenting, in fact I recall telling someone once by the time you learn good parenting skills your kids are grown. You just have to accept that you will screw up but if you know that going in then you can be mindful of what you do. More than one I wished I could have jumped into my time machine and get a "redo".

As far as bringing kids up in the "believer" realm, we teach kids religion, politics and morals so if you're a believer in Bigfoot then that is going to have an influence on them as well.

I heard Sylvia Brown is hosting a Bigfoot hunt this Summer......

I think it is Great what the National Park System has done.....At least they are not lying about why there is a fee, and they are not being fraud's either.

I say charge them 80% of the fee they receive, and charge the people whom paid $200.00 each for being so dumb in the first place.

As far as bringing kids up in the "believer" realm, we teach kids religion, politics and morals so if you're a believer in Bigfoot then that is going to have an influence on them as well.

Yeah, I am not referring so much to the blinded gullible parents as the "leader" who knows better.

There are some of us skeptics who think "believers" who don't really believe is not so uncommon. Money, fame, power, ego, the fun of the scam, (chicks/dudes and beer :no:) who knows, but some know better.

Money, fame, power, ego,
yeah being labeled a crackpot and made fun of by the mainstream... that's living the life.

yeah being labeled a crackpot and made fun of by the mainstream... that's living the life.

It sure hasn't slowed them down.

More are taking advantage of this phenomenon than ever before.

And making money, and suckering the gullible, and beating their chests because

they are bigfoot "experts" and finding power in taking advantage of others,

So, sorry, but I don't feel sorry for the ones that know better.

Well on the upside, at least more folks are getting out into the wild and hopefully learning to appreciate its majesty - even if they are bumbling around looking for something that doesn't exist.

Well on the upside, at least more folks are getting out into the wild and hopefully learning to appreciate its majesty - even if they are bumbling around looking for something that doesn't exist.

It's one of those things where if you're out in the great outdoors anyway, then what's the harm in looking for mythical creatures? Correct answer is none really.

I happen to open to the idea that there could be a creature like a Bigfoot, although the evidence that keeps me open is extremely subjective and based on the experience of two people that I happen to know very well. Never found a footprint, never heard a howl, I did one time encounter a smell unlike anything I've ever smelled before, but for all I know it could have been a deer who got sprayed by a skunk and rolled around trying to get rid of the smell.

Every so often I see some account that makes me wonder, but then I see ten more that make me laugh out loud and shake my head. Not really sure how I'd react if I did see one in the wild, but if I haven't encountered on back in the day when I was out all the time in the woods odds are I'm not going to find one now that I don't get out so much. Just a statistical thing really.

Offtopic:

My wife is looking at kindergardens for my 4 year old daughter and really likes this one place, they have a farm and teach gardening and animals, and outdoorsy stuff, as well as basic math, reading and writting, but.... They also teach the kids that fire comes from tiny faieries and that rocks are spread about by gnomes, and little elves go around making seeds sprout, and Father Sun shines down on everything and keeps up warm.

There is no harm in faiery tales, just as with bigfoot, but teaching these things as if they were are the Truth and actually how things work is shameful.

If they want to call it Bigfoot camp or whatever and everyone is informed that they probably will NOT see a bigfoot, but they will have a good time, then I would be alright with it. I don't agree with taking money from naive/simple people.

So, they charged the fellow in Arkansas $600 when he charged $300 per person? Unless it is a felony, this fellow has no troubles. He can just keep on going and pay the fines whenever he gets caught. No overhead. Just pure profit.

So, they charged the fellow in Arkansas $600 when he charged $300 per person? Unless it is a felony, this fellow has no troubles. He can just keep on going and pay the fines whenever he gets caught. No overhead. Just pure profit.

Yeah, that's the thing that makes me wonder. However, people spend money on all sorts of things. "Make money in Real Estate", they go on ghost hunting jaunts, they learn to sense someone's Chakra, etc. If I had the resources I'd like to do an expose' on them. Of course they might be just showing them stuff like basic tracking techniques, or how to do the stuff they do on the TV show.