Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Freak' lightning strike kills builder

Still Waters

A father-of-one has been killed after being hit by a bolt of lightning while drinking a cup of tea in a 'freak' one in ten million accident.

Bricklayer Justin Feber's distraught colleagues saw a huge flash and a heard an ear-splitting bang, saying a storm seemed to just appear above them near Crewe, Cheshire.

The 41-year-old, from Haslingden, Lancashire, was not touching anything metallic and was standing with both feet on the ground when he was hit on Wednesday.

As well as his parents Jack and Carol, Mr Feber leaves two brothers, Jason and James, and his six-year-old daughter Libby.

Health and safety experts said today five people on average are killed by lightning each year in the UK - making this tragic fatal strike incredibly rare.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Cryptozological Mascot

• tyrant lizard

• Simbi Laveau

If only he had won the lottery instead.

Terrible

-_-

Proof the God is real, and that he does indeed mistakes... He was aiming for Justin Beber...

Poor guy. I can't imagine he ever felt anything. Here one moment and gone the next. In Alabama we average almost 2 deaths per year over any decade. Summer is serious down here. Very hot and incredibly humid for about six months of the year. When the lightning starts, I head for shelter.

This news actually makes me feel lucky! Knock on Wood! I ma sorry and God Bless him and his.

I can assure you it was "Alien" related!