Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fascinating X-ray photos of fish

Still Waters

It’s a whole new way to look at fish.

In a stunning collection by the Smithsonian, cold-blooded creatures are photographed from the inside out, showing every bone, rib, and feature to them.

The collection represents more than 70 per cent of the world’s fish, including well-recognized species like swordfish, flounder, and seahorses.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• Still Waters

• Left-Field

• Simbi Laveau

Radiography as an art form has been around for awhile and it IS very cool. My favorites were images of seashells. Just as different qualities of light can be reflected to enhance aspects of an image, differing amounts of energy passing through the object to the film or detector can give amazing contrasts and scales of gray. It's a cool hobby.

Okay the pic of the one that looked like there was food stuff inside it.... part of the mishmash of stuff resembled a squirrel and another part resembled a camera. To me anyway.... :unsure2:

Okay the pic of the one that looked like there was food stuff inside it.... part of the mishmash of stuff resembled a squirrel and another part resembled a camera. To me anyway.... :unsure2:

Offeiriad at underground Atlanta I once bought a small hand drawn picture of a couple of radiologists looking at a radiograph of a guy's stomach. It had pens,pencils paper clips and a watch inside! One says to the other "dibbs on the Rolex" :w00t: I've actually seen foreign bodies like that (minus the Rolex) in people's stomachs and other,ahem, areas.