Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does this mean?

in-the-clouds

A lot of times the dreams I have come true in real life. Is this called anything in the psychic world? If so, what's the name for it?

On that note, I keep having dreams about a man that I can't have. For clarification, I can't have him because he wants nothing to do with me (long story) and he has a girlfriend. Also, this is a man that I don't personally know. He is just a person I see from time to time at an establishment that I go to.

When I dream about him the dreams tell me things about him that I later find out are true. For example, recently I had a dream that I saw this man and his doctors. The doctor's told me that he recently had surgery. Then in real life I found out a few days later that he had heart surgery. Why do I have dreams about him that tell me personal things if I can't have him?

Edited by in-the-clouds

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• in-the-clouds

• _Only

• jake1967

• and-then

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of times the dreams I have come true in real life. Is this called anything in the psychic world? If so, what's the name for it?

On that note, I keep having dreams about a man that I can't have. For clarification, I can't have him because he wants nothing to do with me (long story) and he has a girlfriend. Also, this is a man that I don't personally know. He is just a person I see from time to time at an establishment that I go to.

When I dream about him the dreams tell me things about him that I later find out are true. For example, recently I had a dream that I saw this man and his doctors. The doctor's told me that he recently had surgery. Then in real life I found out a few days later that he had heart surgery. Why do I have dreams about him that tell me personal things if I can't have him?

Maybe it's because he needs your prayers? I believe God puts people in our lives who need our help...sometimes it's help that ONLY we can provide. Maybe he needs some special insight into a problem and by having such knowledge you might become a part of his life in the future? You never know. Be willing to accept a servant role and if he is meant to be a greater part of your life then it will happen in it's own time. Best wishes :tu:

Maybe it's because he needs your prayers? I believe God puts people in our lives who need our help...sometimes it's help that ONLY we can provide. Maybe he needs some special insight into a problem and by having such knowledge you might become a part of his life in the future? You never know. Be willing to accept a servant role and if he is meant to be a greater part of your life then it will happen in it's own time. Best wishes :tu:

Interesting thoughts on this. But do you (or anyone out there) know if it has a certain name for being able to dreams things before they happen?

I guess that would be called a precognitive dream.

I've had an extremely detailed one before of taking a tour of someone's house.

I would have to agree with in-the-clouds. I have had many dreams myself that were, for lack of a better term, psychic. What you are seeing is your connection to this person, no matter your personal desires to 'have' him for yourself..the important thing is to not get hung up on your own desires..but to realize your ability to help this person. When you really love someone..you also must respect their choices to choose who is right for them. You also must recognize that you have abilities that some do not..and that those abilities are a gift from God. There is more to you than you imagine..and the ability to connect with someone in a way that goes beyond the physical..that is a gift to be used wisely, and not always comfortably.

Best wishes :)

I would have to agree with in-the-clouds. I have had many dreams myself that were, for lack of a better term, psychic. What you are seeing is your connection to this person, no matter your personal desires to 'have' him for yourself..the important thing is to not get hung up on your own desires..but to realize your ability to help this person. When you really love someone..you also must respect their choices to choose who is right for them. You also must recognize that you have abilities that some do not..and that those abilities are a gift from God. There is more to you than you imagine..and the ability to connect with someone in a way that goes beyond the physical..that is a gift to be used wisely, and not always comfortably.

Best wishes :)

Thanks for the post. You mention my ability to help this person, but how do I do that if this person wants nothing to do with me? Also, if this is a gift from God, what do I use it for? I think it's cool that this happens to me (on a regular basis) but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Edited by in-the-clouds

You may or may not always be able to help or "do something" with the things that come to you in dreams, but your awareness of these thing might strengthen if you are constantly writing them down. Do you record your dreams in a journal or anything? Make sure you read through them once in awhile too. You could pick up on things that you previously missed. I have journals that are years old and I understand a little more every time I find the time to read through some of them again.

Dreams never are usually straight forward, but the more you record them and "pick through" them (symbols, feelings) the easier it will become to understand your own dream process which in time can help you distinguish between normal dreams and anything "special" like lucid or precognitive ones.

Edited by sarah_444