Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Annaleise Michel

neerjah

Wasn't she also diagnosed with seizures as well?

I always find this horribly sad. I think she was just a mentally and physically ill young woman.

Nibs

I have to agree with you; it reminds me of when I was a caseworker in the Midlands, dealing with people with serious psychological conditions on a regular basis.

One of our clients repeatedly and seriously self-harmed, refused to eat and had a distinct second personality, apparently that of the person/entity who was possessing him (and would occasionally write letters to our office!). He believed that his problem was spiritual so refused to seek medical help. The intervention of his parents eventually caused him to be sectioned, which stalled the process of self-starvation long enough for him to be diagnosed with schizophrenia and put into a very lengthy period of treatment before he was able to return home.

His family was a religious one (though his church repeatedly urged him to seek medical attention) and they did various blessings and went to church counselling but none of these approaches helped. I know how difficult it was for his family to intervene and having someone sectioned is never an easy decision, but it very probably saved his life. He'll always be dealing with his condition but had he been left to his own devices and allowed to deal with the "possession" in his own way, he wouldn't have survived at all.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Sensible Logic

• Simbi Laveau

• HerNibs

This prostration was after her possession,and she stopped eating.

When i say slammed,I mean SLAMMED.This was all part of the self imposed abuse.

She hurt herself badly.You know those photos with the black eyes,and she skeletal.

Yeah those.She did it all.No priest or parent did it.

She wasn't taking pcp to get her abnormal strength.

She would listen to no one,do nothing anyone told her to do.

She wouldn't take meds,or eat.How is this her parents fault ?

Even if they psyched her,and had feeding tubes put in at a hospital,the result would have been the same.

It was self imposed abuse that her parents helped with. With no strength to rise to her feet her parents pulled her off the floor so she could drop to the floor again and again and again. Without her parents help she would not have been able to continue doing that. They helped her hurt herself.

Regardless of her age (I think she was 23 or 24) her parents and the priests that were there had an obligation to take care of her. When she wouldn't eat or drink they should have put her in the hospital to receive treatment above any objections she may have had. When she developed pneumonia they should have rushed her to the hospital.

She died, not from demons, not from self inflicted injuries but from malnutrition, dehydration and pneumonia. The priests and especially her parents willful refusal to seek proper medical treatment for those conditions makes them ultimately responsible for her death.

To believe that even if she went to the hospital the results would have been the same, is thinking from the dark ages.

• 5 weeks later...

Medication and the spiritual conflict here. Just the mere presence of Jesus was enough to drive away bad things, but in today's modern times, pills and treatments are usually enough. How can it be possible what this girl went through is not real?