Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman sobs during TSA pat down

Simbi Laveau

I am far from racist :)

To both of you.......

I made a mistake by discussing this again.....I have a very deep passion for my Country, and a very deep hatred after 9/11......( not to a certain religion, or people, but to this type of warfare)

With this in mind, I am not going to get into these discussions.I am to passionite about it, and it is damn near impossible for me not to get mad at people.

So, again, sorry if I was a jerk.....

I am not looking for a discussion on above, I am saying i am respectfully pulling out of this before I really p*** someone off, and say something really stupid.

Hopefully no hard feelings, and happy debating :)

Oh pshaw sakari lol. Your not a jerk and there will never be hard feelings. See you around.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Sakari

• TK0001

• sam12six

Alright, back on topic. The TSA's methods of body scanning/groping are no more effective than the previous method of metal detectors and ransom searches.

Discuss.

I have a question. Do employees such as baggage handlers and such get the same daily security check as passengers... ie. Scanners and personal frisking? If not then what's the point of passenger checks. The only goal is to blow a plane up now. No one can enter the cockpit thank you FAA. So wouldn't it mean some employee sleeper cell terrorist could simply throw an extra bag in with the cargo... I don't know it is all contingent on daily checks of terminal employees.

Well, my son is addicted to meth, you tell me what I think that answer is...........

I don't use drugs, never have....But that guy next to you carrying drugs...Nope, they will not hurt you, so why should you care , right?.....Who cares who else they are hurting, as long as it is not you......

See how selfish that is now?.....All for your " privacy " ?

That is the ignorance that p***es me off.......

Actually, thank you for posting that....It really shows just what myself and others like me are saying.....

People are so concerned about themselves, and not others.....To the point of others getting hurt, or even killed, just because of a little inconvenience on a few people.........

Disgusting, and selfish.

So aside from the groping, we should include multiple drug tests at the gate? Should we inspect for the little bottles of alcohol that the hotels offer in the mini bar? Those people are potentially alcoholics, so we could hire teams of psychologists to determine if the would be passenger is an alcoholic and then begin 12 step training while waiting for the plane to fuel up...How far do you want to get into peoples personal life to fix their problems? Where is the line. For someone who speaks about having personal responsibility as much as you, I am getting a mixed message.

I feel very bad for your child having drug problems. I really do. I speak from experience, many times over. I fostered many kids, and drug problems are a horrible thing to dealing with. Some we had good success, and some...well they just did not want help. Even some of the ones that we were able to help, had brains so wrecked by meth, they were strangers to us. It was nightmarish.

But really, whose responsibility is your child? Yours for one(kind of),but he is is own person, so he has a responsibility to himself to deal with the problems he has. As much as you want him to stop, it is going to be up to him to make that decision. All the programs, all the love, all the interventions in the world won't end a drug habit when the person is still in love with the drug. When he hits bottom enough times that he no longer feels like he wants the drug, then he will be able to enter a program and have a chance to have a clean productive life. I hope he gets that chance and has a good life.

If I am misreading, I apologize, but I don't see how what contraband one passenger brings onto the plane has anything to do with the rest of the passengers. If a person brings a vial of crack, or a baggie of meth to feed their habit, it is the responsibility of that person, and any law enforcement they may deal with. Sober, clean, passenger A owes nothing to drug addled passenger B in regards to dealing with their seat mates drug addiction anymore than I could depend on my seatmate being able to resolve a bootup problem I am having with my netbook. It's my issue.

It's clear your relation to the drug addicted person is clouding your judgement on the issue. I recall your rants about the vulgarly named "pussification" of kids these days and how there was no accountability among kids(among many other issues). Drug addiction is the best example of that; you want anyone but the drug addict to try and force the issue to get better, and it wont work. The drug addict is responsible for themselves and will be the ones to decide when is the time when they can really say "I am done". It is no one elses responsibility...the family will help, but only so much can be done. I have a personal link to this too...watching kids slowly slip away; being different people from week to week as their brains get addled by meth is...it is just heartbreaking. In my experience it was worse than death, worse than losing that person in a car accident or something, because their brains are so different that they are gone.

We can't setup the plane entrance process to try and solve all problems. If a kid wants to keyster some black tar on his way to LA, well that is his issue to deal with. It doesn't effect or endanger anyone else on the plane. I don't want what resources we have now starting cavity searches for fear that little Timmy may be experimenting with a drug.

The fact you want to bend a "terrorist" finding process that has the only goal to keep the plane safe...and then turn them into narcotics officers? well that is just:

Disgusting, and selfish.
but I can understand why you would want to try.
I also need to follow my signatures advice.

You mean the offensive sig that is incredibly presumptuous on your behalf as to where you fall in the spectrum of intelligence versus others that are (as you) just offering their opinions on topics? The one that appears to assume everyone as being stupid(whatever the term may be, I am mobile and cant see it now), but blissfully you fall into the lucky one percent of smart people? That one? Yeah...that just comes across as trolling. Nothing but looking for an argument. You might want to reconsider that one.

Safe? maybe. Maybe not.

Sedat counters that the mechanical beam’s intensity level has not been published, making it impossible to evaluate the safety claims. “I want a real hard number in terms of photons per some unit of area,” he said. “The one physical quantity that is crucial for determining what dose a person is getting, that data is missing.”

Moreover, standard medical X-ray machines disperse radiation throughout the body, whereas the airport scanners penetrate to about skin level. That means there is a high concentration of radiation on a single organ — the skin — which was not accounted for in the Johns Hopkins report, Sedat said.

My link

So aside from the groping, we should include multiple drug tests at the gate? Should we inspect for the little bottles of alcohol that the hotels offer in the mini bar? Those people are potentially alcoholics, so we could hire teams of psychologists to determine if the would be passenger is an alcoholic and then begin 12 step training while waiting for the plane to fuel up...How far do you want to get into peoples personal life to fix their problems? Where is the line. For someone who speaks about having personal responsibility as much as you, I am getting a mixed message.

I feel very bad for your child having drug problems. I really do. I speak from experience, many times over. I fostered many kids, and drug problems are a horrible thing to dealing with. Some we had good success, and some...well they just did not want help. Even some of the ones that we were able to help, had brains so wrecked by meth, they were strangers to us. It was nightmarish.

But really, whose responsibility is your child? Yours for one(kind of),but he is is own person, so he has a responsibility to himself to deal with the problems he has. As much as you want him to stop, it is going to be up to him to make that decision. All the programs, all the love, all the interventions in the world won't end a drug habit when the person is still in love with the drug. When he hits bottom enough times that he no longer feels like he wants the drug, then he will be able to enter a program and have a chance to have a clean productive life. I hope he gets that chance and has a good life.

If I am misreading, I apologize, but I don't see how what contraband one passenger brings onto the plane has anything to do with the rest of the passengers. If a person brings a vial of crack, or a baggie of meth to feed their habit, it is the responsibility of that person, and any law enforcement they may deal with. Sober, clean, passenger A owes nothing to drug addled passenger B in regards to dealing with their seat mates drug addiction anymore than I could depend on my seatmate being able to resolve a bootup problem I am having with my netbook. It's my issue.

It's clear your relation to the drug addicted person is clouding your judgement on the issue. I recall your rants about the vulgarly named "pussification" of kids these days and how there was no accountability among kids(among many other issues). Drug addiction is the best example of that; you want anyone but the drug addict to try and force the issue to get better, and it wont work. The drug addict is responsible for themselves and will be the ones to decide when is the time when they can really say "I am done". It is no one elses responsibility...the family will help, but only so much can be done. I have a personal link to this too...watching kids slowly slip away; being different people from week to week as their brains get addled by meth is...it is just heartbreaking. In my experience it was worse than death, worse than losing that person in a car accident or something, because their brains are so different that they are gone.

We can't setup the plane entrance process to try and solve all problems. If a kid wants to keyster some black tar on his way to LA, well that is his issue to deal with. It doesn't effect or endanger anyone else on the plane. I don't want what resources we have now starting cavity searches for fear that little Timmy may be experimenting with a drug.

The fact you want to bend a "terrorist" finding process that has the only goal to keep the plane safe...and then turn them into narcotics officers? well that is just:

but I can understand why you would want to try.

You mean the offensive sig that is incredibly presumptuous on your behalf as to where you fall in the spectrum of intelligence versus others that are (as you) just offering their opinions on topics? The one that appears to assume everyone as being stupid(whatever the term may be, I am mobile and cant see it now), but blissfully you fall into the lucky one percent of smart people? That one? Yeah...that just comes across as trolling. Nothing but looking for an argument. You might want to reconsider that one.

Note : Not debating the topic :)

Fluffy, Thank You for understanding.....

As for the topic things I posted, and my signature remark.....I apologised for that, and said it was wrong of me, and was posted out of feelings that should have been controlled......

Have a nice day :)

As I said,I was up for a job with them,and turned it down after seeing how they operate.

I was broke,and starving,and still said no way.

This was just before they tried to take the manuscript of the last harry potter from jk rowling.

Yeah,so many people have died by manuscript.Terrible stuff .

You're my hero. Truly. Good for you for taking the high road at a time in your life when it would have been much better for you personally to comprimise your morals. That is a sign of a truly good person. Much respect.

I am really not going to get into this to much, I have a certain person I really do not want to upset, as I may go to Seattle one day and need information on local rock bands to see.

HAHAHAHA! I know that was for me... given I'm such an ardent and vocal detestor of the TSA and DHS. I'll be that until the day they are removed.

That is completely their prerogative. These under-qualified, under-paid, high school or GED graduates have been given more authority to detain people than they ever should have. Mall cops have had more training than these idiots.

True.There's just no sense in what they do, no common sense, no logical sense.

It's been 1 year 10 months years since I've boarded a plane. I used to fly upwards of 20-30 times a year. I'm voting with my wallet. I hope one day I'll feel safe enough to fly again. I felt safe prior to October of 2010. Not so much now.