Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Georgia kindergartner handcuffed

glorybebe

Police in Georgia handcuffed a kindergartner after the girl threw a tantrum at school, and the police chief defended the action.

The girl's family demanded Tuesday that the central Georgia city of Milledgeville change its policy so that other children aren't treated the same way. They say the child was shaken up by being put in a cell at the police station.

Salecia Johnson, 6, was accused of tearing items off the walls and throwing furniture in an outburst Friday at Creekside Elementary School, Macon television station WMAZ-TV reported. Police said the girl knocked over a shelf that injured the principal.

My link

Well, yes, maybe over the top, but kids need to learn that they can't just act any way they want because they are unhappy. She injured a staff member, that is not ok.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• BiffSplitkins

• randym23

• Sir Wearer of Hats

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he didn't taze her too.

I agree.

Unfortunate that it had to come to that, but when the safety of others are in danger, drastic action is sometimes needed. Not to mention they probably kept the little girl from hurting herself by subduing her in that manner.

Police called because of a tantrum by a 6yr-old.

*looks to heavens and asks, What's happening to this world?"*

Police called because of a tantrum by a 6yr-old.

*looks to heavens and asks, What's happening to this world?"*

Exactly!

iDontWantToLiveOnThisPlanetAnymoreLandscape.png

Exactly!

iDontWantToLiveOnThisPlanetAnymoreLandscape.png

When I was a child the teacher would have paddled my little behind. Then when I got home my parents would have paddled it again. No more tantrums. Case closed.

Bring back corporal punishment.

When I was a child the teacher would have paddled my little behind. Then when I got home my parents would have paddled it again. No more tantrums. Case closed.

Bring back corporal punishment.

corporal punishment was pretty much gone by the time I was in school but that didn't stop some of the teachers from being pretty brutal when breaking up a fight or an out of control student.

I bet schools would get sued these days if they put a child in the corner in front of other students.

if they can't handle a 6-year-old's tantrum without police intervention, then they shouldn't be calling themselves a school to begin with. and the parents probably need a talking to as well.

Hang on ... what's a six year old doing in Kindergaten? Six here in the backwaters of Australia is "year one" or "year two" depending on when in the year they're born.

and the parents probably need a talking to as well.

I'd be willing to bet that it's "parent" and not "parentS" and with a name like Salecia....I wonder what race this kid is.

...just sayin'...

I'd be willing to bet that it's "parent" and not "parentS" and with a name like Salecia....I wonder what race this kid is.

...just sayin'...

I'm a single mom, and something like this would never have happened with my daughter. She was taught at a young age proper behaviour. And I have seen some bratty kids come from a two parent home because the parents never hid their fighting and used the kid to get back at each other. Kids need to be taught right from wrong....and it looks like this kid's family needs to learn it, too.:blink:

This isn't the first time this has happened.I believe it happened in the south east of the USA,within the last 2 years or so.

This isn't the first time this has happened.I believe it happened in the south east of the USA,within the last 2 years or so.

That is pretty sad. Why aren't parents being parents? They are responsible for the children and their attitudes, not the teachers. The teachers are there to educate the kids, not raise them.