Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who will you vote for?

Novo

"Well, it's my opinion that people want to be free from tyranny in any form. And I wonder what your opinion on needing to take care of ourselves would be if you were being forced to wear a veil." QUOTE from Celumnaz (sorry dunno how to really work that actual quote option.)

The women still will wear their veils. I see them all the time (here in US), customers of mine as well. They are living here, and still wear the veil. Soo, I don't really understand. Our country doesn't force people to wear certain things.

I think that it might be family values.... actually i am gonna ask... Ok, answer: The women wear the veil because they believe NO one should see the rest of their body other than their husband.

On another note: I am glad that I don't have to wear a veil... if my husband EVER tried to tell me to cover my whole body except my eyes... "theres the door, don't let it hit ya in the a** on the way out". but that is just me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Novo

• cynamyngirl

• Celumnaz

• Fluffybunny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actully, I know alot of Non-Religous arab women who wear them because they prefer being judged via who they are and not what they look like.

don't have to? prefer? that's infadel talk... I said forced. If you want to that's fine, some people will pay good money to get beat up too... in their case how would they feel if they were forced to not wear the veil? Far as I know you're free to wear one here unless suspected of a crime, where we ask you to remove your veil for face identification... not stone you to death.

Cynamyngirl here.

Just wanted to put another 2cents in if ya's don't mind...

I think that if we could have more Hybrid cars we wouldn't have to rely on other countries as much. Yea, I know we do need oil for some things but why cars. they burn it up and its costing me a fortune a week to keep my suv fed. Its nuts. I am one of the many, many, many second class american citizen. Sure if I were rich as some of the schmucks who get paid fat for doing almost nothing. (Entertainment, goverment, other well paid citizens get paid lots, and don't u think that they could spare some change?) If i were rich, donations would be one of my top prorieties. In some cases, they don't care. they want their loot like selfish playground kids. But that is off topic, sorry. We are the richest country in the world and we can't afford to help out our citizens in need. Quick story: My grandfather fought in Korea war, got a bullet in the leg, was honorably discharged. Recieving a bronze metal and more awards for his duty. Now years and years later, my grandfather is quite ill but not ill spirited, has to take over 20 pills a day to help him with his pain. This large amount of money that isn't covered by his insurance is paid out of pocket... He and my grandmother are no longer working and recieve a few (mind you a few) hundred dollars a month to help with cost of living... which the cost of living for older folk is ALOT!!!! How can this be? it is sad. But do the millionaires or others care? No. Our men have been fighting for our freedom, our safety and security, and this is the thanks they get when they are older vets? Hmmm. there is something seriously wrong here. When the senate and others get all this money a month, (more than what a regular citizen would make in a couple months) and I doubt that any or a select few have risked their lives for us in war.

It never fails to amaze me how so many people are ignorant of how American politics really work. It really does not matter who is President, he cannot enact laws or change laws, tax codes etc. It has to be done through congress and the senate. A President can veto a bill, but it can be over-ridden by a 2/3s majority vote. The only real advantage Bush has right now, is that there is a majority of republicans in both the House and Senate. The only exception is executive orders. However, E.O.s can and have been challenged and changed.

Because a third of the senate is up for re-election, the Republican majority can change. It is historically very rare that the Republicans have held a majority in both houses for more than 1 term, even if the Republican president is re-elected.

One of the major issues I have with Bush and Cheney, is that hey feel they are above the American people, that they do not need to answer to anyone. This is false. The president, Vice President and all members elected to office SERVE the American people. It is our right to know what they are doing/did and why. It is the responsibility of the administration to be forthcoming with answers to questions from the American public. This administration, unlike Johnson, Nixon, Reagan,

and Clinton, has cloaked itself in more secrecy than most all others combined.

Point. Failing to testify under oath before a committee investigating our darkest hour since Pearl Harbor.

Point. Failing to provide a list of people who attended an energy summit with Dick Cheney.

Point. Reason for opposing a commission to investigate the 9/11 attacks.

Point. Reason for opposing a commission investigating the intel on the Iraq weapons programs.

But the dems are not much better.

Blaming Bush for the economy. Simple fact. and historic fact. When ever there is a Republican president, we hit a slump in the economy. Maybe not has bad has the last four years, but it happens every time we have a republican in the oval office. (Blame the investors)

Haliburton Award of a no bid contract. All legal and within the guidelines for what the government needed. Had this gone out to bid, under the process, Saddam would have had at least 90 more days to get help from outside sources. Haliburton Screwed up by overcharging on items.

Claiming Bush passed this law or that law. Bush only signed the bills into law. They were passed by the two houses. (He could have vetoed them and there may not have been enough support to get two thirds majority.)

I'm not so concerned which moron makes 1600 Penn ave his address for the next for years, but more concerned with who is sitting on the aisle seat in congress.

It never fails to amaze me how so many people are ignorant of how American politics really work. It really does not matter who is President, he cannot enact laws or change laws, tax codes etc. It has to be done through congress and the senate. A President can veto a bill, but it can be over-ridden by a 2/3s majority vote. The only real advantage Bush has right now, is that there is a majority of republicans in both the House and Senate. The only exception is executive orders. However, E.O.s can and have been challenged and changed.

thank you someone who actually knows something about Civics

Blaming Bush for the economy. Simple fact. and historic fact. When ever there is a Republican president, we hit a slump in the economy. Maybe not has bad has the last four years, but it happens every time we have a republican in the oval office. (Blame the investors)

thank you again you do your homework I see. I might add this country has over 280 million people in it any fool who has done their own family budget knows full well a simple change takes a month or more to take hold now times that 280 million it is concealable that any action by any President and Congress (see first post) would take years to take REAL effect so who is to blame for poor economy?

Claiming Bush passed this law or that law. Bush only signed the bills into law. They were passed by the two houses. (He could have vetoed them and there may not have been enough support to get two thirds majority.)

Exactly

I'm not so concerned which moron makes 1600 Penn ave his address for the next for years, but more concerned with who is sitting on the aisle seat in congress

Although I am concerned on who is in White House you are dead on with this comment and I vote accordingly in fact I am more cautious about this vote than other

Hmm, you have given me much to think on, Stillcrazy. We say thankya for this.... thumbsup.gif

but he appoints the members of congress who put these laws and bills into play disgust.gif so he picks very conservitive memebers so he can make things go his way disgust.gif so he kind of has something to do with which acts are passed on to congress to debate on.

DD members of congress are elected by the people of their home state.

Two senators from each state and depending on population, determines number of Reps. That's why California, Texas and New York are the top three.

Edited by stillcrazy

Thank you I dont know if I would have been so polite

317635[/snapback]

If nothing else I did my civic duty and gave someone a little bit of an education.

The only time it really matters who is president, is when both the President and Congress are in the same majority.

Vote for Pat Paulson, ya can't go wrong with a dead guy.

BUSH is killing innocent people?? That has to be one of the dumbest statements you've ever made. I personally think we need to use more crude tactics (such as excectutions...). They have killed our civililians, they have kidnapped people and cut their heads off...and we have killed their soldiers. Big deal, a little bit of torture went on...I think it's funny personally. And I wish we'd do more of it to them...

I can't stand you liberal type...Look...were there for a reason...not Emporer Bush's quest for world domination...but for the spread of peace and democracy.

But like I say, I don't think we kill enough of their cilvilians. If I were a commanding officer over there, I'd go through the streets, mow people down like cattle with my m16. And I'd keep doing that until the terrorist's came out. And I'd order a curfew, 23 hours a day, anyone out past curfew is gunned down...no questions asked...

The LAST thing we need in office is John Kerry.

By the way, Kerry is behind Bush so far. And election day is so close...I can almost taste Bush's victory...that's how sweet it is.

well, the election isn't over, so who really cares who is up and who is behind right now.. the only thing that matters is that we are Rocking the vote. Most women are furious with Bush, celebrities can't stand him or the unions. hmmm. just cause some stupid pole on the net says bush is a head by a crotchhair doesn't mean SQUAT until the election is done and over with.. Hail Kerry!

celebrities can't stand him

Uh, yeah... I know for sure that I care that celebrities don't support him...

Pretty dumb statement. There are celebrities on both sides, and it shouldn't matter either way, who cares what they think?

I can't vote...I'm a minor. If I could, I probably woudn't. Don't care much about politics. They're all corrupt in a way anyhow

oh come on, ya gotta vote ONCE. besides it's your "civic duty" in your country's version of "democracy." when you're able to, got and vote, and if you don't know who to vote for, from the mind-boggling choice of two, vote for one of the third parties.

oh come on, ya gotta vote ONCE. besides it's your "civic duty" in your country's version of "democracy." when you're able to, got and vote, and if you don't know who to vote for, from the mind-boggling choice of two, vote for one of the third parties.

318469[/snapback]

That's what I'd probably do...Vote for one that I know isn't going to win anyway thumbsup.gif

Then that would be Kerry lol If you dont care go with a winner and that would be Bush! thumbsup.gif

BUSH is responsible for the state of our country, Im sick of him blaming it on the last administration. He's President, And I dont want excuses.

Bush legaled the use of daisy bombs, the strongest nonnuclear bomb in the world. IN CIVILIAN AREAS, he also tried to avoid a civilian death count. 9700 last I heard.

Then that would be Kerry lol If you dont care go with a winner and that would be Bush!  thumbsup.gif

318524[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but that last I heard voting for the president of the United States was not a horse race; where you try to pick a winner.

The entire idea of a democracy is to vote with your personal beliefs for the person you think would do the best job.

Choosing someone to run this country because you think they will win kind of beats the whole purpose of voting...

Novo, the daisy cutter is nothing compared to the MOAB...it makes the daisy cutter look like a firecracker....

Most women are furious with Bush, celebrities can't stand him or the unions.

318382[/snapback]

Thanks for pointing out some excellent reasons to vote for Bush! thumbsup.gif

As for the war being all about oil-yea that master plan is really working out well what with the .75 a gallon price increase in gas since it started. Giving full control of the oil to the Iraqis instead of loading up tankers for free and sending them to the U.S. was also a stroke of genius.

Come on.................think about it.............."the war is all about oil"?How so?In what way are we gaining anything?We had more "control" over Iraqi oil and the price of oil was much lower when Saddam was in power than now.So how have we profited by this?

And if it's not about the oil then what is it all about?Freedom for the Iraqis?Maybe.Some type of "payback" because of George H. like some say?Doubt it.So what could be the reason?I'll give you a good one-Israel viewed Saddam as a major threat to them (and he was) and wanted him gone,we obliged.