Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update progress

Saru

hello again. I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but there still seems to be a loading problem in that you can reply to a post, and having typed it all out and you click 'Post', those three little squares at the top'll go back and forth, but it won't seem to load, or if it does, it'll be very very slow. is this just a problem with my particular Browser, or is it just slow loading time?

hello again. I'm sorry to be a nuisance, but there still seems to be a loading problem in that you can reply to a post, and having typed it all out and you click 'Post', those three little squares at the top'll go back and forth, but it won't seem to load, or if it does, it'll be very very slow. is this just a problem with my particular Browser, or is it just slow loading time?

Sounds like you just happened to be posting during a moment when the server was experiencing a high load.

Well, i'm afraid it's still not working properly. You click 'Post' it says 'Saving post', but it doesn't do anything else, it just goes round & round in limbo.

When does it do that ? Every time you try to make a post ?

Well, i'm afraid it's still not working properly. You click 'Post' it says 'Saving post', but it doesn't do anything else, it just goes round & round in limbo.

Same here.

Not every time. I noticed when Im writing longer post.

So I know to copy text and re enter thread again and paste it and then everything is fine.

I thought it was my connection.

I still think you are posting when the server is overloaded, just a case of bad timing.

We've determined that large forum threads ( hundreds or even thousands of pages ) are the main cause of this, we're going to be shutting down some of the largest active threads on the forums and creating new continuations of them to try and keep thread lengths at more manageable levels.

One more thing why ma avatar isnt seen in news. Its old avatar here:

Confirmed as a bug.

Confirmed as a bug.

Okay. Just want to tell you that besides few thing new UM is awesome. Love it.

Thank you, much appreciated.

I agree. Your hard work is greatly appreciated Saru. The site is looking and working great overall. :tsu:

I have a question about the auto save message which appears in the bottom left of the editor window. If we start a post and then later decide to cancel it before posting (or the browser crashes mid-way), are those auto-saved posts still accessible anywhere?

I have a question about the auto save message which appears in the bottom left of the editor window. If we start a post and then later decide to cancel it before posting (or the browser crashes mid-way), are those auto-saved posts still accessible anywhere?

Not outside of the page you were on when you were typing out the post, there's no archive of saved posts or anything like that.

Not outside of the page you were on when you were typing out the post, there's no archive of saved posts or anything like that.

I suspected as much, thanks for clarifying.

Not sure if it's relevant to your issue, 747 but I've always had intermittent loading problems with every forum I've been on. I know the culprit though, in my case.... it's Windows Live Messenger. Close Messenger and my problems always disappear. Terrible solution, I know. :(

Edited by Eldorado

I agree. Your hard work is greatly appreciated Saru. The site is looking and working great overall. :tsu:

booNy we two finally agrees. :D

I'm sure we've agreed on other things before :lol:

Maybe, but I remebered thread about Hessdalen and how Kali and I wouldnt let it go. :P

When we saw BooNy... :gun:

The new mobile version is a lot harder to use in relation to navigating pages throughout a thread. Though the loading message that sometimes did not disappear and produced duplicates clogging up the screen is fixed for me. Also sometimes the "unread" status on threads i have not viewed does not come up.

Edited by Orcseeker

I see that your profile shows how many "likes" you have gotten on posts. But, other then going back over all your posts over the last week, how can you find which posts were "like"ed?

If people are going to like what you wrote, I at least would like to see where those likes are coming from.

Love the new set up. :clap::tsu:

Also sometimes the "unread" status on threads i have not viewed does not come up.

Getting everything to work perfectly for everyone on the mobile skin is difficult due to the range of mobile devices out there, a patch is incoming which may fix some of the issues people have been experiencing with it.

I see that your profile shows how many "likes" you have gotten on posts. But, other then going back over all your posts over the last week, how can you find which posts were "like"ed?

In your profile click the "likes" option on the left hand menu, then click "received" at the top right to filter the list.

Hello again, sorry I'm late replying, but on the subject of this..

I can confirm that it still does it from time time, it did it a bit earlier on in fact. You sort of get stuck in limbo, with those little dots going back & forth. The only way i've found to get out of it is to copy the entire post, & open it again. It may be something to dio with Windows, that wouldn't surprise me, I think I'll try another Browser and see if it does it.

** Ah, the richness of Irony. Guess what it did when I tried to post that? That's right. So i did indeed open it again. Shall we try it again?

See my note about this from earlier, we're in the process of archiving topics that are too large as it looks like these are the main cause of the server load issues responsible for the delays you are describing.

• The topic was locked