Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update progress

Saru

If you see this happening it simply means that the server is busy and that you need to wait for the action to go through, it's not a bug.

In this case i think you were posting during the daily maintenance cycle, we also still haven't finished archiving all the large threads.

Has anyone else had problems signing in? Yesterday morning about 6am I was trying to sign in and it just kept going back and telling me to log in. Not sure if that was a maintenance time.

Update:

There will be a short downtime tomorrow morning ( May 22nd ) while a patch is applied to the forum software, this shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes. Once this has been done the like system will be re-enabled so that we can determine if it is still causing database performance issues.

Has anyone else had problems signing in? Yesterday morning about 6am I was trying to sign in and it just kept going back and telling me to log in. Not sure if that was a maintenance time.

Sounds like it could have been an issue with your browser, make sure you have cookies enabled and that no firewalls or plug-ins are interfering with it.

Sounds like it could have been an issue with your browser, make sure you have cookies enabled and that no firewalls or plug-ins are interfering with it.

Thank you. :D

Just another for the mobile version. For threads you have posted in usually there is some sort of indicator if you've posted in a thread. I don't believe there is one on this version I can see.

Another is when selecting a thread it doesn't always open to the latest post, which you then need the navigate to it with the "next" page option.

Edited by Orcseeker

If you see this happening it simply means that the server is busy and that you need to wait for the action to go through, it's not a bug.

In this case i think you were posting during the daily maintenance cycle, we also still haven't finished archiving all the large threads.

I'm really not sure; it seems to do it very often, and it isn't as if it's just slow loading, it doesn't load at all and those three little squares just keep going flickering back and forth. And then it usually works if I re-open it and copy & paste the reply, while meanwhile the first time it still hasn't loaded. It says at the bottom "saving post", though I don't know where it saves it to.

Just another for the mobile version. For threads you have posted in usually there is some sort of indicator if you've posted in a thread. I don't believe there is one on this version I can see.

This feature was disabled on the forums, it was wreaking havoc on loading times when viewing the topic index.

Another is when selecting a thread it doesn't always open to the latest post, which you then need the navigate to it with the "next" page option.

Click the arrow on the far right-hand side of the topic to be taken to the latest post in the thread.

I'm really not sure; it seems to do it very often, and it isn't as if it's just slow loading, it doesn't load at all and those three little squares just keep going flickering back and forth. And then it usually works if I re-open it and copy & paste the reply, while meanwhile the first time it still hasn't loaded. It says at the bottom "saving post", though I don't know where it saves it to.

If it sticks for ages and then works immediately if you resubmit then that could be a browser issue, what browser are you using and do you experience the same problem if you try posting on the forums using a different one ?

Update:

The forum software patch has now been installed, a trial of the like system will be going ahead a little later on today.

Update:

The like system has now been re-enabled so that we can see if the patch has resolved the performance issues we were having with it.

It is possible we will need to disable it again if the problem persists.

• Like 1

Just a minute ago I looked to the left of the screen and saw I had "6 warning" points...

Is that a new feature so people will be warned or something?

"Stay away from this guy, 'he's no good".

Edited by Abramelin

Yeah i just noticed I have '0 Warning Points' under my name. But i don't see it on anyone else's name.

That's part of Invision Board's warning points system that we don't use, it should be disabled but the patch automatically re-enabled it for some reason.

It should now be disabled again.

Yeah i just noticed I have '0 Warning Points' under my name. But i don't see it on anyone else's name.

LOL, they disappeared before my eyes.

Oh well, 6 points in 11,000+ posts. Could be worse, eh?

LOL, they disappeared before my eyes.

Oh well, 6 points in 11,000+ posts. Could be worse, eh?

Do you have an Invision Parole Board Officer you need to check-in with?

Do you have an Invision Parole Board Officer you need to check-in with?

No they just follow us around and spy on us all the time. When we get too bad they send us a nasty message and lock us out.

Update:

Tag searching is now working, clicking on a topic tag will bring up search results for other topics tagged with the same keywords.

Similarly, an "also tagged with" box can be found at the foot of tagged threads and contains links to other topics with similar tags.

Ah, it's back! Well done.

I hope someone will Like this post.

• Like 1

Early indications are good that the performance issues with the like system have indeed been fixed in the patch.

• Like 4

Early indications are good that the performance issues with the like system have indeed been fixed in the patch.

That's great news. :D

Just waiting for the Dislike, and "I neither liked or disliked this post, sir or madam! But I felt you should know." buttons.

• Like 1

Hello Saru,

Recently you archived the first part of the "Oera Linda Book" thread:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=11625

And today I discovered I cannot use the search button for that 776 pages long first part...

All I get is "No results found", even when I enter a name or word I can see with my own eyes on the page I'm on.

Am I doing something wrong, or do we have to reread 776 pages if we try to find something again??

I have to add that soon after you had archived that first part that I still could use the search tool for that topic.

There's an extra step you need to do to search archived topics as the content is stored a bit differently to the rest of the forums.

Click the cog icon to the right of the search box and where is says "search in" check the box next to "archives".

There's an extra step you need to do to search archived topics as the content is stored a bit differently to the rest of the forums.

Click the cog icon to the right of the search box and where is says "search in" check the box next to "archives".

So if i understand you well, then when I start a search for some name/word in that archived thread, I can only do that by searching all the archives?

Because that's what I found out just now: I get results from all the archived threads.

++

EDIT:

It's working. Thanks.

I had to narrow down the search to the "Althernative History" forum, posts only, and of course "archived" (instead of 'live').

Edited by Abramelin

• The topic was locked