Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update progress

Saru

am I missing something? is there something else I am to do that is different then before? I hate not being able to clear things out.

The 'view new content' page doesn't update immediately, there can be a delay before it updates to reflect your settings. Optimally this will be a maximum of 15 minutes. ( previously it was an hour )

Is the Report button fully functional? I reported a post with a rather graphic image earlier today and the image is still there. Was the image acceptable or did the report simply go unnoticed?

The report was received, the image in question has been removed.

this new look is awesome espeically the pops up when hovering over things it pretty neat

Maybe less a bug then a question but is there any indication on when the new chat room will be up? I'm pretty interested in seeing how it will look.

Maybe less a bug then a question but is there any indication on when the new chat room will be up? I'm pretty interested in seeing how it will look.

The new chat room will be set up a little bit later on today.

Just a quick question... Why is my avatar now put in my profile picture? If someone has asked this before I apologise ....

I am starting to now get used to the new change... I am loving the LIKE button ...lol

• Like 1

Why is my avatar now put in my profile picture?

They are both the same now, you have a single picture to represent you on the forums.

They are both the same now, you have a single picture to represent you on the forums.

Thank you...

Just a quick question... Why is my avatar now put in my profile picture? If someone has asked this before I apologise ....

Oh yes, it appears from my profile picture that I now have a rather impressive Beard.

* Does that mean that my erstwhile Profile picture has been deleted? does that mean that I don't have a picture of me any more? :cry:

* Does that mean that my erstwhile Profile picture has been deleted? does that mean that I don't have a picture of me any more? :cry:

Presumably you'll have a backup of your picture on your computer. ;)

Haven't had an e-mail from UM since the site update, despite topics I follow being added to. Is it only me?

Haven't had an e-mail from UM since the site update, despite topics I follow being added to. Is it only me?

Check your notification preferences and make sure you have a valid e-mail address in your settings.

Check your notification preferences and make sure you have a valid e-mail address in your settings.

Thanks, I received one for your reply. So I guess it's working and probably my own fault. Sorry for the bother.

p.s. Just noticed the link in my e-mails takes me to forum front page and not the specific topic. Is that supposed to happen?

There's also two members reading this post... me and "Yahoo". lol

Edited by Eldorado

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like this new format...In order to read any posts I have to keep scrolling left to right on the bottom of the screen, and I can't set the text at 200 percent so I can read it better because then I have to scroll back and forth even more...Shouldn't people's words and ideas be more important than their avatars? I used to be able to see who wrote what, and what they wrote, perfectly before this change...

The thrill is gone, LOL...I hope I can get used to it, or figure out a way to make the text fit my screen...

Edited by whatisthis

I have the same problem.

I did have a valid email address but because I don't have access to the spam filters on it I changed it to another valid address. I'm still not getting email updates for any thread.

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like this new format...In order to read any posts I have to keep scrolling left to right on the bottom of the screen, and I can't set the text at 200 percent so I can read it better because then I have to scroll back and forth even more...Shouldn't people's words and ideas be more important than their avatars? I used to be able to see who wrote what, and what they wrote, perfectly before this change...

The thrill is gone, LOL...I hope I can get used to it, or figure out a way to make the text fit my screen...

What web browser (and version) are you using?

i had a picture there <---- that i got from this site, but its gone. where can i find them again? also, this site doesnt like my uploaded pic, says its too big iguess. what do i do?

Internet Explorer 8, but isn't there a 9 now?

The first thing I would recommend is trying a different browser altogether. I use Mozilla Firefox and don't have any issues. You might try Google Chrome too, so that you can get a feel for it and decide which one you like better. If you want to stick with IE, you might try enabling Compatability View (Tools > Compatability View Settings > Display all websites in Compatibility View) and/or upgrading to IE 9.

Edit: spelling

Edited by booNyzarC

Hi,have you tried going to Tools on the top right of your screen,it has zoom there,alternatively try putting two fingers in the middle of your touchpad then parting them outwards,this works for me..cheers

Same here... unless my new name is Eldorado Google. lol

Like Abe wrote I had a chance to brew a pot of coffee while I waited for the answer to appear :P but I didn't see Eldorado google nor Yahoo... just Eldorado.

What you are describing is not the way the new layout should be, the site should be working fine in IE8.

You are not trying to view the forums in an 800x600 resolution are you ? You should be using 1024x768 minimum.

i had a picture there <---- that i got from this site, but its gone. where can i find them again? also, this site doesnt like my uploaded pic, says its too big iguess. what do i do?

Reduce the size of the picture and try uploading it again, it will work if it's within the size limit.

I did have a valid email address but because I don't have access to the spam filters on it I changed it to another valid address. I'm still not getting email updates for any thread.

You don't have your notification options set up to receive e-mails for thread updates.

Click on the notifications icon at the top right ( next to the PM icon ) and click "options". Go down to the "topics and posts" section and check the email boxes on the right to configure what emails you'd like to receive.

• The topic was locked