Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update progress

Saru

Compatibility view didn't work, and my screen resolution is at the right setting...The only thing that's helped so far is changing the theme from UM Blue to IP Board Mobile...

Could you take a screen shot of this issue for me so that i can see what you are seeing ?

My spell check isn't working in here now.

My spell check isn't working in here now.

This is a known issue with the editor, Invision are awaiting a 3rd party fix for it.

What you are describing is not the way the new layout should be, the site should be working fine in IE8.

You are not trying to view the forums in an 800x600 resolution are you ? You should be using 1024x768 minimum.

Been tryna figure this bit out too! Where do I change the resolution and will it effect other sites?

duh: I'm using firefox

Edited by Mentalcase

By resolution i meant the resolution of the screen, this is a setting of your Operating System. If you can see the site in your browser without having to scroll horizontally ( and have the browser maximised ) then you don't need to change your resolution.

By resolution i meant the resolution of the screen, this is a setting of your Operating System. If you can see the site in your browser without having to scroll horizontally ( and have the browser maximised ) then you don't need to change your resolution.

That is the exact problem I'm having. I forgot where to change this aspect. Could ya remind me please Bossman?

Depends on your Operating System, in Windows 7 right click on your desktop and select "Screen resolution".

Ok, I actually have XP, but I changed it to a higher setting to get it right, thanks!

Editing has become a major pain.

The site already loads like glue for me, but waiting for an edit to load is even worse.

And after I have posted my edit, sometimes I'm being redirected to the start of the thread.

And as you may know, I edit a LOT.

Saru, do you have any idea why this site loads so slow for some?

It already did before the update, but now it's even worse.

Btw: I have blocked 'ad.yields', and I am on Windows-7.

Edited by Abramelin

Saru, do you have any idea why this site loads so slow for some?

Issues with your local network, firewall or anti-virus software on your computer, browser plug-ins, malware - any number of different factors can cause a site to load slow for someone - there are too many variables.

There are no major performance issues on this end, the forums in general appear to be running quicker than with the old version. There are some load speed issues on some pages but these are being looked in to and should be fixable.

Saru, have we lost the ability to update our status from the board index? Or did it go unoticed?

Its better if we could update our status from the index right? Or Am I missing something?

Saru, have we lost the ability to update our status from the board index? Or did it go unoticed?

Its better if we could update our status from the index right? Or Am I missing something?

You can update your status from anywhere now - the box is in your user drop-down menu at the top right.

You don't have your notification options set up to receive e-mails for thread updates.

Click on the notifications icon at the top right ( next to the PM icon ) and click "options". Go down to the "topics and posts" section and check the email boxes on the right to configure what emails you'd like to receive.

thank you. Not sure how it got changed. One would think that when I changed all threads in "content I follow" to "notify me of updates" that it would do what it says.

That's true however 'notify' doesn't auotmatically translate to sending an email - you have to specify how you want to be notified.

Update:

• Gallery image comments are now enabled again
  • Fixed issue with missing topic link in notification e-mails

Is there a "go to first unread post" thingy that I'm missing somewhere or is it still in the works?

I checked it again after I logged in and it's working. :blush:

Edited by Michelle

Just clicking on a topic's title should take you to the first unread post.

Just clicking on a topic's title should take you to the first unread post.

Actually that isn't working for me, but the little dot before the topic title does.

Ah yes you are right, the pip takes you to the first unread post and clicking the title takes you to the first post.

Furthermore, clicking on the date on the right-most column will take you to the last post in the thread.

ok will try, but i liked the little green alien i found on this site. i cant seem to find those pictures you provided, as its not available when i pick a picture...

What about an email link so you don't have to go searching down the thread the email told you about? now that I'm getting emails they all have the same link to the main forum.

If you switch it to an on forum notification (or check both..) does the link in the on forum notification work?

• The topic was locked