Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Cameron calls for 'real discipline'

Still Waters

Children should be taught to stand up when their parents or teacher walks into the room, David Cameron said yesterday.

In a speech on handing more power to schools, the Prime Minister called for a return to ‘real discipline’.

He said: ‘Give headteachers and their staff the freedom to teach and run their schools; give parents greater choice and transparency about schools and their results and you can see fantastic outcomes.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• hetrodoxly

• Insaniac

• 2twists33

i think its important that kids get discipline. too many parents let their children get away with everything, do everything for them, and dont teach them how to behave. schools also need more power, as teachers cant control the class anymore because the kids dont respect them. the parents also side with the child-getting annoyed that the teacher told off their child, instead of agreeing with the teachers and telling the child to behave at school.

Edited by TheBanana

It's about time. It's yet another sensible decision from the Coalition Government.

I remember seeing a documentary not too long ago about discipine. One couple noticed every time they went abroad with their kids and ate in restaurants that it was only their kids and the other British kids which misbehaved. Whilst they were throwing tantrums and sometimes refusing to eat the foreign kids would sit nicely at the tables and eat whatever they were given.

The conclusion the couple came up with was that kids in other countries are better disciplined by their parents and teachers so are more scared of misbehaving and therefore behave better, whereas in Britain, which has had years of Left Wingers and Liberals telling parents and teachers not to discipline naughty kids, kids are more unruly as they are not scared of being disciplined.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Once, when on a vacation in Britain, we went out to a restaurant to eat. My 5 year old sat down quietly by the table, I helped him pick something from the menu and he ordered it himself when the waiter came over. As we were waiting on our food to arrive, my wife remarked on how unruly and noisy the other kids were.

We concluded that Britain are in fact possessed by demons and have no souls and this was the cause of their behavior, and we need to start a war to wipe the unholy scourge from the earth before they corrupt us all!

If kids were shown genuine compassion and understanding, they wouldn't disobey their parents and teachers.

Problem solved.

Once, when on a vacation in Britain, we went out to a restaurant to eat. My 5 year old sat down quietly by the table, I helped him pick something from the menu and he ordered it himself when the waiter came over. As we were waiting on our food to arrive, my wife remarked on how unruly and noisy the other kids were.

We concluded that Britain are in fact possessed by demons and have no souls and this was the cause of their behavior, and we need to start a war to wipe the unholy scourge from the earth before they corrupt us all!

Oh well... just another imperialist sob who sorts everything out by starting wars and doesnt respect the nationals of the countries he visits.

Every country has people who are possessed by demons, or atleast affected by demonic influence via music, Hollywood, false Religions, wicked Government and so on.

Edited by Insaniac

Why is this news? We always have to stand up when a teacher comes into the room.

But with parents, now that's just funny, lol.

If kids were shown genuine compassion and understanding, they wouldn't disobey their parents and teachers.

Problem solved.

Would i be right in thinking you have no kids?

we are possessed don't start a war, you'll lose.

It's about time. It's yet another sensible decision from the Coalition Government.

.. I'm sorry, i thought you said "yet another sensible decision". When was the other one? :mellow:

:mellow: Edited by 747400

i think its important that kids get discipline. too many parents let their children get away with everything, do everything for them, and dont teach them how to behave. schools also need more power, as teachers cant control the class anymore because the kids dont respect them. the parents also side with the child-getting annoyed that the teacher told off their child, instead of agreeing with the teachers and telling the child to behave at school.

Recent British Governments haven't been installing patriotism, love for ones community and fellow citizens, identity, traditions and cultural values into the population. The reason being is they dont want an increase in racism towards the immigrants and they have even labelled such things as fascism.

The politicians have broken our society not the people. Without love for ones community and fellow citizens is it a surprise to find people behaving as they are doing?

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Would i be right in thinking you have no kids?

Actually, I have a bunch of kids and the person who posted the thought is exactly correct. Treat your children as people (guess what, they are!) and not only that, treat them as you would want to be treated. The implications of this are simple. If you are in charge - teacher, business supervisor, military leader, etc. - you are given respect by those in your charge. In turn, you show respect for those who deserve it by their actions. Children instinctively understand this. Think about it. If you threw tantrums with your boss you'd be out of a job. If you threw tantrums with your officers in the military you'd be in the brig or a nuthouse. Why train your children to earn a spot in jail, the nuthouse, or for life-long poverty?