Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy >.>

DarkCreed

Okay, me and my friend (This happened a while ago, but I forget who it was) were just laying on the trampoline talking. My dog was sleeping in her dog house (She doesn't growl and she is really old). My neighbours dog was tied up, and he was far away from us in the other yard at their driveway..When we were laying there we heard this really deep low growl that scared the shiot out of us. We jumped up instantly, so, to check what it was I looked under the trampoline..nothing was there? We BOTH heard it...What could it be ?We weren't crazy , we weren't dreaming.

This was real, it lasted for like 4 seconds? We jumped up so fast I scared myself? What was this thing?

was it night/day? Sure it couldn't have been some kind of animal? Racoons can make some pretty freaky noises and they are sneaky little buggars. I had one creep up to my toes last summer and growl at me in the dark, almost had a heart attack.

• Like 1

was it night/day? Sure it couldn't have been some kind of animal? Racoons can make some pretty freaky noises and they are sneaky little buggars. I had one creep up to my toes last summer and growl at me in the dark, almost had a heart attack.

Exactly my thoughts, Sarah. Good suggestion.

Seriously, could it have been a hungry tummy or something with a little more... ummmmm... "aroma" to it. Tummy growls and some other bodily functions can have bizarre sounds. And even surprise the source! Four seconds isn't too long for something like that.

I'll stop here, I just keep making it worse. :blush::blush::blush:

Nope. It was for sure a growl, and it was way to loud. Sounded like a dog growl, but more deep and loud.

Exactly my thoughts, Sarah. Good suggestion.

It was day, but WAY to loud to be a raccoon. It sounded like a dog, but more loud and deeper.

It was day, but WAY to loud to be a raccoon. It sounded like a dog, but more loud and deeper.

You've heard a racoon growl then? Because the raccoon growls I have experienced were louder and deeper than a dog's - surprisingly so. If I hadn't actually seen the raccoon making the noise, I would have never thought it was possible.

Probably a raccoon, but who knows :innocent:

Okay, me and my friend (This happened a while ago, but I forget who it was) were just laying on the trampoline talking. My dog was sleeping in her dog house (She doesn't growl and she is really old). My neighbours dog was tied up, and he was far away from us in the other yard at their driveway..When we were laying there we heard this really deep low growl that scared the shiot out of us. We jumped up instantly, so, to check what it was I looked under the trampoline..nothing was there? We BOTH heard it...What could it be ?We weren't crazy , we weren't dreaming.

This was real, it lasted for like 4 seconds? We jumped up so fast I scared myself? What was this thing

Such a scary occurence yet you cant remember who it was with? hmmmm :)

Anyway, as the others have said, probably natural causes such as a wild animal. With no other evidence, such as a visual sighting by yourself or your friend there isn't a great deal to go on :)

Englishment, first of all I could tell your sarcasm in your sentence there. I'd rather not people that talk sarcastic post on my threads. And second of all, how would we have a sighting if we are laying on our backs on the trampoline looking at the sky? Hm, explain that to me, would yah? ;P What I meant to say by "This happened awhile ago, but I forgot who it was" was "This happened a while ago, but I forgot what friend it was". And I am 100% sure it was my friend Carly. Btw, please don't post sarcastic comments again.

Englishment, first of all I could tell your sarcasm in your sentence there. I'd rather not people that talk sarcastic post on my threads. And second of all, how would we have a sighting if we are laying on our backs on the trampoline looking at the sky? Hm, explain that to me, would yah? ;P What I meant to say by "This happened awhile ago, but I forgot who it was" was "This happened a while ago, but I forgot what friend it was". And I am 100% sure it was my friend Carly. Btw, please don't post sarcastic comments again.

Don't get your feathers ruffled. Just realize that on this site when you post an eyewitness account or story like yours, with no supporting evidence, and some elements that seem contradictory, people are going to question you about it. This is not a personal attack, it's just the give and take. Some of my commentary is snarky at times too, but I mean no harm.

Just don't expect everyone to rush up and agree with you. That's what makes this site cool is the diversity of opinions and the amount of smart, articulate people who present them on both sides of the issue.

Edited by orangepeaceful79

Being in Canada there are quite a few options of animals it could be. Do you live in the city?

Im curious how you went from forgetting who you were with to being 100% sure it was your friend, Carly. That's kind of a big jump.

Also, I have another suggestion. Squirrel.

Im serious, they get pretty loud when they are threatened or angry...

Darkcreed.

I am well aware what you meant when you said you could not recall who you were with. I just found that rather strange.

Yes, you say were looking up at the sky when you allegedly heard this sound. BUT......you then say you looked under the trampoline and one would assume, elsewhere in order to establish the origin of this sound. Which means you did look somewhere other than the sky.

Hm, explain that to me, would yah?

Btw, please dont tell me what I can or cannot post. That is what Mods are here for :)

Okay, squirrles arn't actually very deep, like what you mentioned you heard. So maybe forget that one. I'm still going with Raccoon, maybe a possum? I know we have a lot of both around here, and I'm in the city. Like mentioned before though, there isn't much information to go with.

Scarier than my dog, that's for sure. :lol:

I knew racoons were mean but I never knew they could make a noise like that. :blink:

Alright well, until we know what kind of place the OP lives in I'm just going to assume it's in the middle of nowhere and overrun by moose. Kidding. But really, even if it's in a town or city, big animals can roam through during the night. It happens all the time in Wisconsin. There's black bear, lynx, bobcat, badgers, woodchucks, etc. So the possibilities are pretty endless assuming it's not a completely city type environment.

I knew racoons were mean but I never knew they could make a noise like that. :blink:

Alright well, until we know what kind of place the OP lives in I'm just going to assume it's in the middle of nowhere and overrun by moose. Kidding. But really, even if it's in a town or city, big animals can roam through during the night. It happens all the time in Wisconsin. There's black bear, lynx, bobcat, badgers, woodchucks, etc. So the possibilities are pretty endless assuming it's not a completely city type environment.

Haha, me neither about the raccoon stuff. And I never seen any of those, only see bears at the dump, never really seen the others :o

You've heard a racoon growl then? Because the raccoon growls I have experienced were louder and deeper than a dog's - surprisingly so. If I hadn't actually seen the raccoon making the noise, I would have never thought it was possible.

Not really, I searched it up on youtube o.o They do make an awful sound, perhaps that was it. But I never seen anything, it came from under the trampoline. I looked under and nothing was there, and my friend (I remember who it was now xD) was looking around. So we just dashed into the house.

Im curious how you went from forgetting who you were with to being 100% sure it was your friend, Carly. That's kind of a big jump.

Also, I have another suggestion. Squirrel.

Im serious, they get pretty loud when they are threatened or angry...

Oh yes, I remember it was sure now. I am thinking it was a raccoon now, but I seen nothing but dirt and grass O_O

What about coyote? They are good at not being seen, yet can be very bold in daylight as well. It could have sounded like it was under the trampoline but been off to the side. They are medium dog sized, not like a wolf. And they are just about everywhere, I think, as in cities too.