Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ultimate social networking website

UM-Bot

Jann Burner: I’ve been reading a lot lately about Social Networking websites and the phenomena in general. Where is this headed? In the near future what will be the ultimate social networking website. Think about it: in the beginning, long, long ago there were messages carved in stone and then there were notes on parchment sealed with wax and then came the postal service and hand written letters and then with the machine came type written letters and then with computers came the beginnings of Email and then “texting” and “Twittering” and all the social networking websites where people would go just to feel “connected” and share gossip and photos and a lot of “nothing”. Well, Moore’s law still seems to be in effect and the speed and the capabilities of computers seems to be doubling about every 16 months so here is what I see in a couple of years.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tosh

Tosh

"Tosh" is not strong enough of a word for this drivel (if it means what I think it means)...

My prediction:

Within a few years 'social networking' as we know it now will begin to wane... people will realize that face to face interaction with real people, in real time, in the flesh, is much better and even healthier than 'virtual friends'...

Social networking will not 'go away' however, but it will lose it's almost obsessive hold on people...

Now let's see which prediction will be closer to coming true...

Edited by Taun

yes i does mean what you think it means, and i agree with you, i like things like this forum but social networking really?

i have read a few articles by this jann burner and they are all nonsence

The author is assuming that all the input into the site will be positive and 'good' ...... this may or may not be the case. It would only take 51% of the participants to be ill-intentioned or chaotically minded for problems to occur in those who had gone to the site for comfort or relief from depression :o

i should in fairness state of course this is just my opinion, im sure jann burner is a lovely person, that said i am always right just ask my wife

Jann Burner: I've been reading a lot lately about Social Networking websites and the phenomena in general. Where is this headed? In the near future what will be the ultimate social networking website. Think about it: in the beginning, long, long ago there were messages carved in stone and then there were notes on parchment sealed with wax and then came the postal service and hand written letters and then with the machine came type written letters and then with computers came the beginnings of Email and then "texting" and "Twittering" and all the social networking websites where people would go just to feel "connected" and share gossip and photos and a lot of "nothing". Well, Moore's law still seems to be in effect and the speed and the capabilities of computers seems to be doubling about every 16 months so here is what I see in a couple of years.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

Social networking is a monster that is going to get out of control. This is only my opinion. I read about the first signs of SN becoming a beast to reakon with the other day. Facebook has a serious problem with Pedophils now. Very serious and they cannot get a handle on the problem. Sad.

http://www.infowars.com/pedophilia-groups-invade-facebook/

Edited by Robbie333

I see social networking around the world in a kind of guild system.. If i could put it that way. A guild system in such that in every city maybe many guilds in each city but these "guilds" that we will call them for now will be like hang outs for a couple hundred people very close friends just hanging out and doing what they like to do.. maybe they could be about games.. books.. as long as the group of people has a common interest it can work. We see small events like this around the world at bars and such were people have regulars that hang out there and have there own little niche of social networking. But i see something larger in the future like a large network of hangouts around the world all tied together by a common interest, company hosting the hang outs, or just a large counsil of leaders of the "guilds".. i see something like i described coming to light in the next 200 years.. or i hope atleast..

i see the future of social networking...i call it going out and meeting people, just imagine how great that would be! going down the pub with friends, going to concerts and sporting events with likeminded people talking to people with your actual voice oh the possibilties are endless!!

• Like 1