Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Hovers Over NSA Base - Australia, 1973.

karl 12

There's some pretty bizarre close range UFO testimony below taken from official RAAF Department of Defence documents which describe a very strange object hovering over US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt on the west coast of Australia in October, 1973 - the military witnesses describe a large, black, airborne object with a revolving halo around the centre which accelerated at 'unbelievable' speed, there's also mention of the object having no exhaust (or making no sound) and it was witnessed at two separate locations around the base..

DEFCON 3 TO TOP SECRET UMBRA - A NATIONAL SECURITY CRISIS WITH A UFO CONNECTION IN 1973

jn4f94ad2e.jpg

On a narrow west coast peninsula, over one thousand kilometres to the north of the main centres of population in Western Australia, stands an enigmatic monument to the military ethic. It is a remote spot even for a country as vast and thinly populated as Australia..

Collectively the 3 sites function as a window into an extraordinary world that few of us are privy to. I refer to the vast and often mind boggling world of military intelligence. The site is officially called US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt. It is more popularly known as North West Cape.

At about 1915 hours, on that fateful Thursday, October 25th, 1973, Lt. Commander M_____ (USN) observed "a large black, airborne object" at a distance of approximately 8 kilometres to the west at an altitude estimated at 600 metres. Lt. Cmdr. M_____ was driving south from the naval communication station towards the support township of Exmouth, along Murat Road. The officer indicated in a written statement that,

"After about 20-25 seconds the craft accelerated at unbelievable speed and disappeared to the north."

The officer's account further states:

7. Hovering at first, then accelerating beyond belief

.9. No noise or exhaust.

11. Have never experienced anything like it.

At the base, Fire Captain (USN) Bill L____ also saw the extraordinary craft. He provided the following statement:

"At 1920 hrs, I was called by the POW to close the Officers club. I proceded towards the club in the Fire Dept. pick-up 488, when my attention was drawn to a large black object, which at first I took to be a small cloud formation, due west of Area 'B' [in the vicinity of Mount Athol - B.C.]. Whilst travelling towards the Officers club I couldn't help but be attracted by this object's appearance. On alighting from pick-up 488, I stood for several minutes and watched this black sphere hovering."

"The sky was clear & pale green-blue. No clouds were about whatsoever.The object was completely stationary except for a halo around the centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating. After watching it for approx. 4 minutes, it suddenly took off at tremendous speed & disappeared in a northerly direction, in a few seconds. I consider this object to have been approx. 10 metres in diameter, hovering at 300 metres over the hills due west of the base. It was black, maybe due to looking in the drection of the setting sun. No lights appeared on it at any time."

This is an extraordinary incident. When I first saw the report on it back in 1975 I was surprised, due to its contents, that, firstly, it had been entered onto standard RAAF Department of Defence UAS sighting report forms, and, secondly, that it had been made available to a researcher who had requested copies of some reports for statistical analyses being undertaken for my research group.

With the hindsight of the knowledge of its broader implications, which I am about to reveal, it leaves me just short of incredulous that people outside the world of military intelligence were made privy to it.

I have already noted in passing the part the National Security Agency (NSA) plays in the shadowy world of intelligence and its significant presence at North West Cape. It occupies a position of extraordinary significance. Therefore it was fascinating to observe the bizarre sideshow played out when a civilian UFO group tried to determine if the NSA had any files on UFOs..

THE AUSTRALIAN MILITARY & GOVERNMENT ROLE IN THE UFO CONTROVERSY

Object Sketch:

qs4f94a40a.jpg
According to official reports, at 7.30 p.m. Lieutenant Commander M, of the US Navy, observed 'a large black, airborne object' in the airspace over the important US intelligence base at North-West Cape. US Navy Fire Captain L had also seen the object. The object was about 10 metres in diameter and was about 300 metres above the ground. It was completely stationary except for a halo around its centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating.

link

The military base in question is said to be home to the National Security Agency in Australia and researcher Bill Chalker makes some very good points in the first link about declassified NSA UFO documents - there's also some pretty controversial claims here that the NSA is heavily involved with the UFO phenomenon due to its electronic expertise and there's more info below about the base being the southern hemisphere's most powerful transmission station and having the largest antenna array in the world.

vo4f94ae4d.jpg
Operating in the area are two rather secretive military bases. One of these: The Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt has been already mentioned extensively in relation to the incidents. The Naval Communication Station was built in 1963 as a joint US-Australian initiative. The station's purpose is to provide VLF (very low frequency) radio transmissions to submarines and ships of the US Navy and Royal Australian Navy operating in the Indian Ocean. The station consists of 13 radio towers. With a transmission power of 1000 kilowatts it is the southern hemispheres most powerful transmission station. The station was originally totally under US control but is now mainly under Australian control and curiously now operated by Boeing Australia Ltd.

UFO Traffic and Australia's Bermuda Triangle

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• badeskov

• karl 12

• bee

• Karlis

For anyone interested in seeing the layout of the Antenna Network at the US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt on the west coast of Australia, copy-paste 21°48′58″S 114°9′55″E into Google Map Satellite search.

Edited by Karlis

Hi Karl,

I kinda missed the point I guess. What is the relevance of the nature of the base to the eye witness accounts of the UFO encounter?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Badeskov, did you read through the links? Granted there might be no corellation to the NSA and the incident described in the RAAF Defense documents but it does mention in the paragraph below that the NSA has been "secretly monitoring and often assessing worldwide allegations of UFO activity" since 1972 so I thought I'd pop it in there. :)

If you don't care (or disagree) with that claim then ignore it and just concentrate your efforts on the object described in the documents.

Howard Blum, a former award winning journalist for The New York Times, identifies the author of the "surprise material" and "UFO Hypothesis and Survival Questions" documents as Lambros D. Callimahos. Callimahos was an almost legendary figure within the National Security Agency and the field of cryptology. He founded the Dundee Society - a secret society within the NSA, which proselytised from within that UFOs had probably already visited Earth. According to Blum, the NSA has since 1972 been "secretly monitoring and often assessing worldwide allegations of UFO activity." The 1973 DEFCON 3 SIGINT episode in Australia was an extraordinary example.

link

Cheers.

Badeskov, did you read through the links? Granted there might be no corellation to the NSA and the incident described in the RAAF Defense documents but it does mention in the paragraph below that the NSA has been "secretly monitoring and often assessing worldwide allegations of UFO activity" since 1972 so I thought I'd pop it in there. :)

If you don't care (or disagree) with that claim then ignore it and just concentrate your efforts on the object described in the documents.

Cheers.

Hi Karl,

I did indeed read through the whole thing thus my question. It is a communications facility and it is therefore bound to have antennas, but I see no technical correlation whatsoever between the alleged sighting, the fact that the site is a communications facility and the claim that the NSA has been/is "secretly monitoring and often assessing worldwide allegations of UFO activity". Unfortunately such alleged claims are often hinged upon some fantasy link to a technological site as we see here, and overall that minimizes the credibility of the claim itself. If the sighting has to lean itself against an antenna array (which in fact has a very limited and specific purpose, non-ET related) and cannot stand by itself, it has a problem. And that is what I see here. A sighting and some obscure, alleged and hidden connection. Not trying to degrade it, but just to separate the wheat from the chaff :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Badeskov thanks for the reply, if you read through the link from Bll Chalker report entitled 'The Australian Military & Government Role In The UFO Controversy' then you would have seen the whole article deals with the North West Cape incident and the subject of declassified NSA UFO documents so I don't think it's to much of a stretch on my part to include the fact that the sightings took place on an NSA facility.

As I'm sure you know, it's certainly not the first time government documents have described very strange objects over military facilities and there's a relevant news clipping below mentioning some other UFO incidents - BlackVault's John Greenewald Junior also goes into more detail here about declassified material and, amongst others, one UFO hovering over Canon Air Force base is described as being..'25 yards in diameter, gold or silver in color with blue light on top, hole in middle, and red light on bottom" so god knows what that was.

nc4f94ce77.jpg

As I said in the previous post, if the fact that I mentioned the subject of the NSA in this thread bothers you that much then just simply ignore it and concentrate on speculation about what the object involved in the incident might be - threads about other incidents like the Tehran case, the Coyne case, the Colares case, the Bariloche case, etc.. could also use your help. :tu:

Cheers.

Edited by karl 12

The military base in question is said to be home to the National Security Agency in Australia and researcher Bill Chalker makes some very good points in the first link about declassified NSA UFO documents - there's also some pretty controversial claims here that the NSA is heavily involved with the UFO phenomenon due to its electronic expertise and there's more info below about the base being the southern hemisphere's most powerful transmission station and having the largest antenna array in the world.

cheers for info Karl....

from the link you gave I was interested that...(bolded)

NORTH WEST CAPE

The US defense facility at North West Cape has its own share of interesting features:

The North West Cape transmitter is just slightly north of the Tropic of Capricorn, and its antipode is directly in the middle of the Bermuda triangle.

It is almost certain that the earlier version of Pine Gaps Very Low Frequency Transceiver, which is located at North West Cape near Exmouth Bay, Western Australia, was and still is used to transmit very powerful undersea electric currents to US submarines which trail long antennae behind them.

It is also known that electricity transmitted in this way can be strong enough to recharge on-board high-voltage batteries known as plasma-dynamic storage cells (Deyo, 1992, p.24).

On 25th October 1973, two US Navy personnel observed a UFO hovering near the restricted Naval Communication Station at North West Cape which is used by the NSA.

"The object was due west of Area B, the location of the High Frequency Transmitter… it was completely stationary except for a halo around the centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating… It suddenly took off at a tremendous speed and disappeared…"

From what I have gathered along the way...I think that the manipulation of electro magnetic-gravitational-light frequencies

using the earth's magnetic grid is used somehow for advanced space-technology and is what interdimensional beings

also use. So the question in this day and age is always..is it one of ours or one of theirs?

:tu:

edit to say...in the early 1970s...I wonder if it is more likely to be 'one of theirs' ???

perhaps they got caught up in human experiments/activities with different frequencies...dunno

Edited by bee

Ultra-Low Frequency (ULF) radio can penetrate a few hundred feet below the surface of the ocean, which is why it's used to communicate with submarines. It certainly isn't used to charge batteries!

This report is written in the usual wretched journalese that so many UFO reports are: absent any link to source documents, and having read any number of similar-sounding 'revelations' in the past that turned out to be nothing much, I'm not going to get very excited about this one.

This report is written in the usual wretched journalese that so many UFO reports are: absent any link to source documents, and having read any number of similar-sounding 'revelations' in the past that turned out to be nothing much, I'm not going to get very excited about this one.

PersonFromPorlock, actualy researcher Bill Chalker is quite a well respected chap and conducted the first officially sanctioned direct review of the Australian government's UFO files, here he is discussing the NSA facility UFO document..

When I first saw the report on it back in 1975 I was surprised, due to its contents, that, firstly, it had been entered onto standard RAAF Department of Defence UAS sighting report forms, and, secondly, that it had been made available to a researcher who had requested copies of some reports for statistical analyses being undertaken for my research group.

link

And here's some relevant information about his research into official Royal Australian Air Force documents, files and reports:

In 1982 Bill Chalker was the first civilian researcher to gain direct access to the previously classified RAAF UFO files during several visits to the Canberra headquarters of the Directorate of Air Force Intelligence. He described his access in the following way:

"Prior to 1982 civilian UFO researchers only had a confused and vague picture of clandestine official involvement in Australia. In the face of the lethargy in the RAAFs replies to serious enquiries, I stepped up my efforts at diplomatically trying to get direct access to the RAAF UFO files. It probably surprised me more than anybody else when the RAAF finally agreed to permit me to examine their files.

"The extent of access was unprecedented in the history of the Australian UFO controversy. From the first of my visits to the Russell Offices of the Department of Defence, in Canberra, on January 11th, 1982 to my last in June, 1984, I was able to scrutinise the extent of official UFO investigations in Australia. For the first time a detailed "inside" picture was revealed of RAAF investigations.

"I was able to undertake the first officially sanctioned direct review of the Australian government's UFO files. Over two and a half years I was able to

(1) examine the majority of the extant UFO files held by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) at the Directorate of Air Force Intelligence (DAFI), Department of Defence, Russell Offices, Canberra

(2) examine the entirety of the extant UFO files held by the Department of Aviation at their Bureau of Air Safety Investigation in Melbourne, Victoria.

The review has provided a detailed understanding of official involvement in Australia..

link 1, link 2

Cheers.

For anyone interested in seeing the layout of the Antenna Network at the US Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt on the west coast of Australia, copy-paste 21°48′58″S 114°9′55″E into Google Map Satellite search.

Karlis, thanks for the reply and there's also some images at the link below that you might like:

link

Cheers.

From what I have gathered along the way...I think that the manipulation of electro magnetic-gravitational-light frequencies using the earth's magnetic grid is used somehow for advanced space-technology and is what interdimensional beings also use.

Hola Bee, don't know about that but there's some interesting reading here on 'the scientific analysis of unconventional flying objects' and the author makes some interesting points about illumination and performance.

Cheers! :tu:

Ultra-Low Frequency (ULF) radio can penetrate a few hundred feet below the surface of the ocean, which is why it's used to communicate with submarines. It certainly isn't used to charge batteries!

Actually, they use ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) for that purpose. They use ELF to send EAMs (Emergency Action Messages) that will order subs to come to periscope depth to receive new orders.

Indeed.

Cheers,

Badeskov

PersonFromPorlock, actualy researcher Bill Chalker is quite a well respected chap and conducted the first officially sanctioned direct review of the Australian government's UFO files, here he is discussing the NSA facility UFO document..

And here's some relevant information about his research into official Royal Australian Air Force documents, files and reports:

Cheers.

I thought Chalker lost most if not all of his credibility supporting the Khoury Abduction. For those not familiar with the title, try googling Alien pubic hair. He still maintains his circles, but I did not think he commanded all that much authority at all.

I will do as you suggested to Bade, leaving the NSA connection aside, the description has me a bit puzzled. How could it have been made?

"The sky was clear & pale green-blue. No clouds were about whatsoever.The object was completely stationary except for a halo around the centre, which appeared to be either revolving or pulsating. After watching it for approx. 4 minutes, it suddenly took off at tremendous speed & disappeared in a northerly direction, in a few seconds. I consider this object to have been approx. 10 metres in diameter, hovering at 300 metres over the hills due west of the base. It was black, maybe due to looking in the drection of the setting sun. No lights appeared on it at any time."

How can the sky be pale green-blue at 7:30PM in a Southern state during October? by about 7:10 that part of the country should be in total darkness?.

If one considers a dark sky, then surely the rest of the description was beyond the ability of the human eye to make?

It does stand out when you fly over it in a plane, I didn't realise what it was at first until I looked it up on the net.

For some reason that place and Pine Gap always seem to have something UFO related attached to them.

Interesting read though, thanks karl 12.

Badeskov thanks for the reply, if you read through the link from Bll Chalker report entitled 'The Australian Military & Government Role In The UFO Controversy' then you would have seen the whole article deals with the North West Cape incident and the subject of declassified NSA UFO documents so I don't think it's to much of a stretch on my part to include the fact that the sightings took place on an NSA facility.

Maybe that is so, but I personally just found the emphasis on the facility rather heavy compared to the sighting itself.

As I'm sure you know, it's certainly not the first time government documents have described very strange objects over military facilities and there's a relevant news clipping below mentioning some other UFO incidents - BlackVault's John Greenewald Junior also goes into more detail here about declassified material and, amongst others, one UFO hovering over Canon Air Force base is described as being..'25 yards in diameter, gold or silver in color with blue light on top, hole in middle, and red light on bottom" so god knows what that was.

Absolutely. In my honest opinion, military facilities have people walking around all the times. People on guard duties that are usually pretty bored so I am not surprised that they see things because they have the time to observe the sky.

As I said in the previous post, if the fact that I mentioned the subject of the NSA in this thread bothers you that much then just simply ignore it and concentrate on speculation about what the object involved in the incident might be - threads about other incidents like the Tehran case, the Coyne case, the Colares case, the Bariloche case, etc.. could also use your help. :tu:

Cheers.

It's not that it bothers me as such, I was just trying to figure out what the connection was (I am, after all, a techno geek - so professional curiosity tongue.gif).

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

Actually, they use ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) for that purpose. They use ELF to send EAMs (Emergency Action Messages) that will order subs to come to periscope depth to receive new orders.

ELF, absolutely right. I plead 'brain fart'. And oh, my, "Emergency Action Messages:" shades of the SAC Good Fairy (deedledeedledeedle...). :w00t:

ELF, absolutely right. I plead 'brain fart'.

Oh, I have plenty of those - every day :P

And oh, my, "Emergency Action Messages:" shades of the SAC Good Fairy (deedledeedledeedle...). :w00t:

Hehehe....Cold War relics popping up ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Karlis, thanks for the reply and there's also some images at the link below that you might like:

link

Cheers.

Some great photos there. Thanks for the link. :tu:

Interesting ... there even is a small caravan park for passing tourists in the local community. Will remember that, if/when we ever get our motor home and go travelling.

BTW, I did notice this earlier in the thread and wondered about that myself:

The Harold Holt Antenna Array is set in a pattern of a Metatron Cube. One wonders why the US Navy would apply Sacred Geometry to Submarine Communications. This concept bears closer investigation and has been placed with the Pegasus team for further analysis. Updates will follow.

Can any techs-savy person give a specific reason for this design?

Some great photos there. Thanks for the link. :tu:

Interesting ... there even is a small caravan park for passing tourists in the local community. Will remember that, if/when we ever get our motor home and go travelling.

BTW, I did notice this earlier in the thread and wondered about that myself:

The Harold Holt Antenna Array is set in a pattern of a Metatron Cube. One wonders why the US Navy would apply Sacred Geometry to Submarine Communications. This concept bears closer investigation and has been placed with the Pegasus team for further analysis. Updates will follow.

Can any techs-savy person give a specific reason for this design?

Hi Karlis,

Said geometry has nothing to do with anything sacred, but is simply based on physics and optimizing the antenna array output. Given the output power and the frequency of RF signals you can derive how your antennas should be placed. Without knowing the specific parameters I would be guessing that the antenna pattern is optimized for that given purpose (you see the same kind of pattern in other antenna arrays).

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hola Bee, don't know about that but there's some interesting reading here on 'the scientific analysis of unconventional flying objects' and the author makes some interesting points about illumination and performance.

Cheers! :tu:

hiya Karl....ta for link.

I've picked out this quote

In the early 1950's, I studied the UFO pattern and noticed their propensity for visiting defense installations, flight over water, evening visits, and return appearances. Within a 20-mile radius of Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, where I was employed, were located over a dozen defense installations, and we were almost surrounded by water. On July 16, 1952, after the Pan American pilots made headlines in the local paper by reporting disks passing below their airliner near Hampton, I thought, "This is the night. They may be back."

I would say that the reason that so many UFOs are spotted around Defense Installations...is because the Defense Installations

(like the one in your OP) are deliberately placed on the same geometric magnetic/gravitational Grid that is used by 'UFOs'...

(and used by human advanced space technology + communication)

This is what I was trying to say earlier in the thread (not very well)...that it's all connected because of the geometry

of space and time. As above so below and all that jazz.... :)

Bruce Cathie was onto this many years ago....

http://www.whale.to/m/cathie.html

Finally, after years of work, I discovered that I could formulate a series of harmonic unified equations which indicated that the whole of physical reality was in fact manifested by a complex pattern of interlocking wave-forms. I gradually found that the harmonic values could be applied to all branches of scientific research and atomic theory. At first I was not very sure of the resultsI was getting, but as time went by, more and more interest was being shown by intelligence agents, government personnel and scientists in the work I was doing, and many requests started coming in for information. Help in my work was eventually offered from these quarters, but the catch was that I had to remain silent about my discoveries. This I refused to do, and I still continue to battle on, on my own. Once I realised the importance of the material in my possession, I considered it extremely dangerous for any small group of people to have complete control of it.

It was only a matter of time before I realised that the energy network formed by the grid was already known to a powerful group of international interests and scientists. It became obvious that the system had many military applications, and that political advantage could be gained by those with secret knowledge of this nature. It would be possible for a comparatively small group, with this knowledge, to take over control of the world. I have continually asked these people for a valid moral reason why the information should not be given to the world community, and so far no answer has been given. So I carry on publishing the material as I find it.

Well If We can agree on one thing ITs all about that Jazz ! Now thats a great way to Look at most things ! Life is way too short to not Listen to all that JAZZ ! :innocent:

hiya Karl....ta for link.

I've picked out this quote

I would say that the reason that so many UFOs are spotted around Defense Installations...is because the Defense Installations

(like the one in your OP) are deliberately placed on the same geometric magnetic/gravitational Grid that is used by 'UFOs'...

And what magnetic/gravitational grid would that be? The only thing it would be would be rather non-existent.

(and used by human advanced space technology + communication)

Uhm no.

This is what I was trying to say earlier in the thread (not very well)...that it's all connected because of the geometry

What geometry? There is nothing special about that geometry whatsoever. Actually, it is dictated by some fairly simple physics.

of space and time. As above so below and all that jazz.... :)

No.....

Cheers,

Badeskov