Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ZX Spectrum turns 30 today

Still Waters

The ZX Spectrum is 30 years old. The successor to Sir Clive Sinclair's ZX81 - at the time the world's best selling consumer computer - it introduced colour "high resolution" graphics and sound.

It also offered an extended version of Sinclair Basic, a computer language with which hundreds of thousands of users were already familiar.

The thin Bauhaus-inspired design was sleeker than anything else on the market, but what was more impressive was its price: £125 for the basic model with 16 kilobytes of RAM, or £175 for the 48k model.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• questionmark

• Still Waters

• TSS

Top Posters In This Topic

Never liked that one... but I still have my ZX81 with the high resolution graphics adapter and 64 KB of memory.

It's never too late for a bit of Treasure Island Dizzy, Tir na Nog or Jet Set Willy on the Spectrum. :tu:

I used to have the ZX81 (remember mazogs?) then ZX spectrum 48k (remember jet set willy and manic miner) then had ZX spectrum 128k love writing my own games for the 128k.

Was funny that you needed somehting else to do while it loaded a game. lol