Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What can I study that will get me a pysical j

SereneScene

I want to go to college and study something but I dont want to have a regular office job, something monotonousness, boring and repetitive, I want something that has me doing something physical, actually working and moving around.

What could I study for that pays pretty decent?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• spud the mackem

• SereneScene

• danydandan

Top Posters In This Topic

Mechanic. Electrician. Carpenter. Plumber. PE teacher.

Go do construction, lumber, or fishing for a year.....After that year, you will want a desk job, and you will have wished you went to college.

Hate to say it, but the less physical work you do, the more you get paid.......

Sucks, but true.

Edited by Sakari

Go do construction, lumber, or fishing for a year.....After that year, you will want a desk job, and you will have wished you went to college.

Hate to say it, but the less physical work you do, the more you get paid.......

Sucks, but true.

Im not saying I don't want to go to college but I don't want to get a job just sitting at a desk all day, I prefer feeling like Im actually working hard and having to do pysical things, not everyone is the same you know, a lot of people would rather sit on their buts all day but not me, I just want something that pays decent.

Im not saying I don't want to go to college but I don't want to get a job just sitting at a desk all day, I prefer feeling like Im actually working hard and having to do pysical things, not everyone is the same you know, a lot of people would rather sit on their buts all day but not me, I just want something that pays decent.

I am an electrician , and have an honours degree in electronics , . Do that .

Took awhile , but its worth it .

Never in the same place twice or for a long time , Kept fit with work .

Getting anything between 28 euro and 40 euro an hour , depends what im doing and whom im doing it for

As said above....Electrician

How about :

Marine Biologist

Geologist

Biologist

Minerologist

There are a lot of fields....

I was being some what serious with you, and half joking earlier......I really thin it would be the lower percentage of jobs being sitting at a desk all day.....

No matter what you decide, if you want to work hard, you will.......Find a study that is outdoors, and needs a lot of " field work "....I mentioned a few.

You dont have to go to college to get a well paid job,road tanker drivers are paid quite well,when you get all your required licences.or get on the Cruise Liners see the world and get paid for it.It depends on which part of the world you are in and job availabilty,good luck...

You dont have to go to college to get a well paid job,road tanker drivers are paid quite well,when you get all your required licences.or get on the Cruise Liners see the world and get paid for it.It depends on which part of the world you are in and job availabilty,good luck...

Does depend what part of the world, truck driving in the US is crap now for pay.......

Does depend what part of the world, truck driving in the US is crap now for pay.......

Sorry to hear that friend,tanker drivers in the U.K get about $60,000 per year plus overtime,and they are shouting for more at the moment.

Sorry to hear that friend,tanker drivers in the U.K get about $60,000 per year plus overtime,and they are shouting for more at the moment.

Can I transfer my CDL over, and move there? :)

Can I transfer my CDL over, and move there? :)

Hi,I guess you could but you would have to join a very long waiting list,as there is about 400 applications for every vacancy,and some of these guys have 25 or more years driving experience,who apply so its a case of waiting for retirements...Jobs here are very scarce and in great demand and the way things are going I cant see it changing for the better...There are about 3 and a 1/2 million out of work at the moment..Lots of Brits are leaving for Australia and Canada to find work as we are being flooded by Europeans who will work long hours for little pay...This Country is a Mess..

Go into a skilled trade. Think something that ends in "-smith" or "-ician".

HVAC Tech

Gunsmith

Electrician

Carpenter

Deisel Mechanic

Aircraft Maintainence Tech

Or something in medical

Pharmacy

Nursing

Physicians Assistant

Hi,I guess you could but you would have to join a very long waiting list,as there is about 400 applications for every vacancy,and some of these guys have 25 or more years driving experience,who apply so its a case of waiting for retirements...Jobs here are very scarce and in great demand and the way things are going I cant see it changing for the better...There are about 3 and a 1/2 million out of work at the moment..Lots of Brits are leaving for Australia and Canada to find work as we are being flooded by Europeans who will work long hours for little pay...This Country is a Mess..

Just change a couple of countries in your post, and you have the good old USA........Whole world is a mess....

Sorry, back on topic.

Work in the oil industry. Get a degree in Chemical Science and work out on a rig somewhere.

Just change a couple of countries in your post, and you have the good old USA........Whole world is a mess....

Sorry, back on topic.

Agreed,we lost our shipyards to the Asians (Korea etc) we lost the Railways or most of them due to cuts,we have no Merchant Navy under the Brit flag,as the Russians and Poles undercut the freight rates,All of our Motor industry is now foreign,and even our major sports teams (football) are owned by Russians,Arabs,or Americans,we invented T.V and thats Japanese or Asian nowadays,Britain went down the pan and is now floating along on a lot of illegal entry garbage....Sad but True...enough said or I'll cry.....cheers