Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young men held for spiked booby traps

RockabyeBillie

Two men have been arrested for placing potentially deadly booby traps on a popular Utah hiking trail.

Police say Benjamin Steven Rutkowski, 19, and Kai Matthew Christensen, 21, of Provo, confessed to setting trip wires that could send a 20lb ball of spiked branches into a person's head, or trip a passer-by into a bed of wooden stakes.

The traps were discovered along the Big Springs trail in Provo Canyon last Saturday by a military-trained officer on foot patrol - before anyone was hurt.

Local Fox News 13 reports U.S. Forest Service officer James Schoeffler was doing a routine foot patrol of the South Fork Canyon when he spotted the traps outside a building used by families and young hikers, called The Fort.

article-2133712-12B8ABFA000005DC-392_468x543.jpg

The crude traps were designed to activate when a person entered the shelter.

When tripped, one of the traps released a ball of wooden spikes tied to a rock with rope swinging from a tree.

article-2133712-12B8ABFE000005DC-355_468x286.jpg

Full Article

Who does something like this????

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RockabyeBillie

• Sakari

• Farmer77

• Babe Ruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Slap on the wrist I'll bet......

I keep saying it........Past due for some kind of population control.....

When I was a kid...much younger than these tools... I would build and design stuff like that all the time. Never actually placed any on any hiking trails...oh right because I was 8 and couldn't drive to them.

When I was a kid...much younger than these tools... I would build and design stuff like that all the time. Never actually placed any on any hiking trails...oh right because I was 8 and couldn't drive to them.

but would you have placed them if you could drive?

Slap on the wrist I'll bet......

I keep saying it........Past due for some kind of population control.....

It is unfortunate that I couldn't agree more.

Mike

Someone that has no conscious or regard for human life does something like this. They should be arrested.

Someone that has no conscious or regard for human life does something like this. They should be arrested.

They were, but I am sure are out all ready.

They should be in prison for attempted murder, and also for a terrorist act.........I wonder how many people feel safe hiking there now?

They will not be charged with above, the US has been pussified to the point of no return.....Makes me sick.

Edited by Sakari