Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disappearances

Jean8282

So I dont know if this is the right place to put this but I wanted to ask some people about it and see what they think about it. Last year sometime a Little girl from Kansas City named Lisa disappeared from her room with no evidence. The story was all over the news for about three weeks and they had no leads that came up with anything. Then it just dropped from the news and has not bee mentioned since.

Then a couple months later a little girl from Maine disappeared from her bedroom with no evidence, like the baby Lisa case it was all over the news and nothing ever came if it. And after about three weeks or so being everywhere on the news there was nothing about it.

Now in Arizona another little girl has disappeared, it only happened this weekend so they are still investigating it but it is the same as the other two, she disappeared from her bedroom without her parents finding out until the next day.

To add to these cases there was one about a little boy who went missing after his mother left him sleeping in her car while she walked for about a mile away to get gas and when she came back he was gone (obviously, i mean who would leave their son in their car for that long alone?) I dont know if they could be related because anyone could have come up and taken him and no one would ever know it was them.It was all over the news then it just went away without anything being found out.

Is it normal for cases like these to be all over the news and then just go away like it never happened? Is it some kind of police protocol that media stop being involved after a certain point in the investigation? Does anyone else find it weird how many kids are 'going missing' while they are supposedly sleeping safely in their beds? I might just be over analyzing it but it does scare me being a mother of two young children that there might be a person/people taking these kids. Just a thought.

I can only imagine what any parent is feeling or thinking when they hear news of another child's disappearance. Kinda makes me wonder what kind of society we live in that this stuff happens. Sad, really.

Is it normal for cases like these to be all over the news and then just go away like it never happened? Is it some kind of police protocol that media stop being involved after a certain point in the investigation?

Police protocol could be part of it I think. Another reason media stop reporting in crime cases is usually because they don't have anything new to add. The police investigations are either ongoing or they've reached a dead end and until something new comes to light the media don't have anything new about the case to publish. So in the meantime the story is dropped until they do and then they update, and more often than not it becomes headline news again.

• Like 1

Does anyone else find it weird how many kids are 'going missing' ......................................

Nope....we live in a very sick world that is over-due for population control.......

Stats :

The U.S. Department of Justice reports

• 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
  • 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
  • 58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
  • 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

• 2 weeks later...

So I dont know if this is the right place to put this but I wanted to ask some people about it and see what they think about it. Last year sometime a Little girl from Kansas City named Lisa disappeared from her room with no evidence. The story was all over the news for about three weeks and they had no leads that came up with anything. Then it just dropped from the news and has not bee mentioned since.

Then a couple months later a little girl from Maine disappeared from her bedroom with no evidence, like the baby Lisa case it was all over the news and nothing ever came if it. And after about three weeks or so being everywhere on the news there was nothing about it.

Now in Arizona another little girl has disappeared, it only happened this weekend so they are still investigating it but it is the same as the other two, she disappeared from her bedroom without her parents finding out until the next day.

To add to these cases there was one about a little boy who went missing after his mother left him sleeping in her car while she walked for about a mile away to get gas and when she came back he was gone (obviously, i mean who would leave their son in their car for that long alone?) I dont know if they could be related because anyone could have come up and taken him and no one would ever know it was them.It was all over the news then it just went away without anything being found out.

Is it normal for cases like these to be all over the news and then just go away like it never happened? Is it some kind of police protocol that media stop being involved after a certain point in the investigation? Does anyone else find it weird how many kids are 'going missing' while they are supposedly sleeping safely in their beds? I might just be over analyzing it but it does scare me being a mother of two young children that there might be a person/people taking these kids. Just a thought.

I think there are many factors for the children being reported missing from their bedrooms. I think watching many of the crime shows can make a person a little extra cautious on covering up their tracks. I'm not saying that all the junk on TV is accurate, I'm just saying that one could be a little more aware of how small of a piece of evidence one cannot leave behind. I also think that when one of these stories hits the media and then as you say "dropped form the news", that can either give a kidnapper an idea or give the family a story to use.

I think the media just drops it when there is no more juicy stuff to report. The media is a vicious thing. Like Don Henley says, "People love it when you lose, They love dirty laundry".

There's already plenty of threads about Missing Children and Disappearances. I've started many of them and in one we (many members of this forum) were thinking about starting a new group to help the families of the victims.

Missing Persons and Slavery in the US ( 20 pages )

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216285&hl=%20missing&st=0

Since last year I have started a lot of threads about missing people: Jodi Huisentruit, Elizabeth Campbell, Tara Calico, Donna Lass and many more. If you want to learn more about these cases just click on my profile or enter the names while searching the forum. :)

This is a very sick planet that we occupy. There are sick individuals who do things that none of us can normalize. Stealing a child, for whatever reason is sickening.

If anybody has ever researched the conspiracy theories regarding the Illuminati, it touches on the subject of child abduction, in turn relating to highly organised paedophile rings run by the above. One of the main reasons that he investigations run cold so quickly is due to the fact that local and national law enforcement agencies are infiltrated and sometimes run by the illuminati. Food for thought.

Nope....we live in a very sick world that is over-due for population control.......

Stats :

• 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
  • 115 children were the victims of "stereotypical" kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

*holds son tight*

Any missing child case is big news when it first happens, but like any other "news" the amount of coverage dwindles after a while if nothing new is discovered. Media has nothing to report if there are no new developments. That doesn't mean there won't be a lot of other sources of stories on blogs or Facebook or other places. It just won't be featured in the mainsteam media until there is something new or compelling..

Do you have links to any of these cases? I'm sure they haven't just "disapeered." Give us some links or details of the cases and I'm sure people will be able find more information about the cases and any ongoing effort to find the children.

Stats :

• 115 children were the victims of "stereotypical" kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

Those stats are beyond frightening, however some clarity if available:

- Do you have a link or are there stats on the number of reported missing "found safe and sound"?

- and leading on from that are those all the reasons for dissappearance or is that a "shortened" list.

It all comes down to : are the remaining "535,000" from the above stats all "missing and unsolved" - surely that can't be, I pray that can't be.

• 3 weeks later...

Disappearances and missing people have been a subject I have been interested in for some time. I know that human involvement is responsible for a lot of missing persons but people in general just don't vanish. Check out the Texas Forty. The illuminatii theory is definately worth keeping in mind especially with the underground base at Dulce New Mexico with the sixth and seventh level, read the Dulce Book. I do not have an interest in UFOs or aliens but have forced to admit that something is not right. (a close friend has witnessed UFO's with his family as a child so I have accepted the fact that they exist). I really beleive it is not only animals that are being taken by these beings but people as well. If you keep searching for answers and read everything you can find I am sure you will come to a similiar conclusion as myself. Prayers are all we have to combat with.

If anybody has ever researched the conspiracy theories regarding the Illuminati, it touches on the subject of child abduction, in turn relating to highly organised paedophile rings run by the above. One of the main reasons that he investigations run cold so quickly is due to the fact that local and national law enforcement agencies are infiltrated and sometimes run by the illuminati. Food for thought.

Apparently even the queen mother would abuse and eat them after turning into a giant lizard.

Disappearances and missing people have been a subject I have been interested in for some time. I know that human involvement is responsible for a lot of missing persons but people in general just don't vanish. Check out the Texas Forty. The illuminatii theory is definately worth keeping in mind especially with the underground base at Dulce New Mexico with the sixth and seventh level, read the Dulce Book. I do not have an interest in UFOs or aliens but have forced to admit that something is not right. (a close friend has witnessed UFO's with his family as a child so I have accepted the fact that they exist). I really beleive it is not only animals that are being taken by these beings but people as well. If you keep searching for answers and read everything you can find I am sure you will come to a similiar conclusion as myself. Prayers are all we have to combat with.

It's not a fact.

Police protocol could be part of it I think. Another reason media stop reporting in crime cases is usually because they don't have anything new to add. The police investigations are either ongoing or they've reached a dead end and until something new comes to light the media don't have anything new about the case to publish. So in the meantime the story is dropped until they do and then they update, and more often than not it becomes headline news again.

Spot on SW :)

Sorry,,,,,absolute codswallop!

edit,,,thought of a better way of putting it :)

Edited by Englishgent

This is a very sick planet that we occupy. There are sick individuals who do things that none of us can normalize. Stealing a child, for whatever reason is sickening.

Valkyrie. It is not the planet that is sick but as you say, some individuals definitely are.

• 1 year later...

It's sad but true that a child will disappear and it will be all over the news till the next "whatever" comes along. It will be relegated to a short mention 6 months later and appeal to the public for new information. Baby Lisa was a case that broke my heart. I don't want to discuss the particulars as it is easily found.

Haleigh Cummings. Kyron Horman. Lisa Irwin. These 3 missing children are thought to have disappeared either through a parent's negligence or taken by a family friend or relative. I don't know how any parent could ever go through this and be the same, ever. And the not knowing is the saddest part of all.

Godspeed to the angels that carry our precious children to a better place. A place where they will never feel pain or sadness or fear again.

• 1 month later...

The Police know baby Lisa is dead. Drunk mom did it by accident or in the least allowed it to happen through her neglect.

There are SO many missing young women as well. And in many of these cases the Police know who did it but don't have enough evidence. So the case goes cold and the poor families never get their daughters back and are left with the horror of what might have happened. I cannot imagine the pain they live with day in and day out..

Baby Lisa, may you always sleep with angels and forever be at peace. God Speed to LE and justice for all the little missing ones.