Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New To Forum, Have Been Researching UFO's

NocturnalWatcher

Hello I'm new to the forum here but I have been researching UFO's for over 10 years. All the evidence I've seen over the years leaves me with an overwhelming belief that alien beings are here and have been here, perhaps for thousands of years.

Unfortunately pictures and videos can not be taken as solid proof because of the advancement in CGI and digital editing, which now enables any person to create a fake UFO video or picture.

I find the most compelling evidence to be the stories of people who have allegedly been abducted by aliens. The similarities in the stories from people all over the world has really grabbed my attention, especially when it came to describing the aliens beings, which in most cases are astoundingly similar. Many of the same traits are found in many abduction scenarios, eg. beings that can talk telepathically, large heads, black eyes, no hair, small slit for a mouth and nose. Many abductees also describe similar messages, eg. that they may have been shown future world scenarios or disasters, warned about humans impact on the environment, examined / used for genetic experiments / cross breeding.

Of course not every abduction story can be taken as fact, I find the most compelling ones are when multiple people are involved, all with similar stories, all which have nothing to gain from coming forward.

Many credible high ranking military personell and government employees from all agencies have also come forward with their own stories, people who just want the truth to be known. Some of the stories range from UFO sightings to full blown alien encounters.

In the past I have seen interviews with people claiming to have been abducted, and I've looked in to their eyes and knew they were telling the truth. Not every story is real but if even one is true, then alien beings exist.

They are here, they are real. Believe.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• badeskov

• Englishgent

• psyche101

• quillius

Welcome to the board. I'm Princess Serenity. Have a good time here.

Hi and welcome to UM. I wish there was some solid proof that aliens have been here. I think there's a strong possibility they have been here is the past and intervened in man's life.

Hi :)

edit. by the way, as you have been studying these events for 10 years, do you by chance, have a list of the amount of alleged abduction cases per country?

Thank you in advance :)

Edited by Englishgent

Hey, welcome to UM!

The similarities are indeed compelling but I think we can still explain occurances through similar psychological problems etc.

Also with regards to officials/pilots or high ranking individuals this could just be explained by secret military projects or otherwise.

Obviously this is a very simplified and general response but I don't think there's enough evidence to say without a doubt that 'they are here, they are real'.

Tim.

It is hard to believe that ten years of serious research would culminate in this conclusion.

Hello I'm new to the forum here but I have been researching UFO's for over 10 years. All the evidence I've seen over the years leaves me with an overwhelming belief that alien beings are here and have been here, perhaps for thousands of years.

Unfortunately pictures and videos can not be taken as solid proof because of the advancement in CGI and digital editing, which now enables any person to create a fake UFO video or picture.

I find the most compelling evidence to be the stories of people who have allegedly been abducted by aliens. The similarities in the stories from people all over the world has really grabbed my attention, especially when it came to describing the aliens beings, which in most cases are astoundingly similar. Many of the same traits are found in many abduction scenarios, eg. beings that can talk telepathically, large heads, black eyes, no hair, small slit for a mouth and nose. Many abductees also describe similar messages, eg. that they may have been shown future world scenarios or disasters, warned about humans impact on the environment, examined / used for genetic experiments / cross breeding.

Of course not every abduction story can be taken as fact, I find the most compelling ones are when multiple people are involved, all with similar stories, all which have nothing to gain from coming forward.

Many credible high ranking military personell and government employees from all agencies have also come forward with their own stories, people who just want the truth to be known. Some of the stories range from UFO sightings to full blown alien encounters.

In the past I have seen interviews with people claiming to have been abducted, and I've looked in to their eyes and knew they were telling the truth. Not every story is real but if even one is true, then alien beings exist.

Hi NocturnalWatcher,

Welcome to UM. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

That said, I have to agree with Psyche in the sense that I have a hard time understanding how you come to the conclusion that you do. I have been doing research for more than 25 years and have been discussing this subject extensively here at UM for the last 6 years and I have reached the complete opposite conclusion.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hi NocturnalWatcher,

Welcome to UM. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

That said, I have to agree with Psyche in the sense that I have a hard time understanding how you come to the conclusion that you do. I have been doing research for more than 25 years and have been discussing this subject extensively here at UM for the last 6 years and I have reached the complete opposite conclusion.

Cheers,

Badeskov

It is hard to believe that ten years of serious research would culminate in this conclusion.

It all depends on what kind of person you are, your beliefs and even how your life has shaped you. Which is why the more people who research the better.

Have you had any sightings of your own? What put you on the path of research?

Welcome to the forum. I'd like to say all my friends here would surely wish you well too, but I don't really have any; well maybe just a couple! :devil:

See you soon.

Edited by zoser

Life imitates Speilberg.

It all depends on what kind of person you are, your beliefs and even how your life has shaped you. Which is why the more people who research the better.

I would respectfully disagree. When following the available evidence I am hard pressed to see how you can reach any other conclusion, to be honest. I respect that people can hold other beliefs based on what they have experienced, but how that can translate into a different translation of the available evidence I am hard pressed to see.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I would respectfully disagree. When following the available evidence I am hard pressed to see how you can reach any other conclusion, to be honest. I respect that people can hold other beliefs based on what they have experienced, but how that can translate into a different translation of the available evidence I am hard pressed to see.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Well I'll explain further what I was trying to say. But of course you ahve the right to disagree and I respect your opinion.

If you dismiss certain evidence due to something you have witnessed yourself or experienced in life. (Doesn't have to have anything to do with UFO's) Then someone might not dismiss that same thing due to their experiences.

I'm not just talking about UFO's. Just general things. People come from different backgrounds and completely different lives.

Not believing in a God of some sort will probably produce a different opinion to someone who does. Same can be said for smaller things that can change a persons view. Like trust, luck/unluckiness, values, ethics, morals.

I know you mostly use scientific knowledge and theory to come to your conclusions. Which is fair enough and completely acceptable. But it could be wrong sometimes (not saying it is) Something missed or 1 error here and everything you know could change in a second. Don't want to get into conspiracy theories but I will just make the point that everything we are taught could be wrong or some of it. You can't just deny that possibility no matter how far fetched it is.

The fact you disagree with me sort of adds to my point that I was making.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Good question that. The only answer I could come up with is that they place that personal experience onto other sightings and use that as the benchmark for trying to decide to validity of a case. I don't agree with that stance myself, it's deeply flawed imo. I mean sure you can believe aliens have visited because you've seen them yourself, but that doesn't equate to anyone else's sighting really. Ironically most of the sightings used by people as proof happened to people who haven't made such claims, merely reported their sighting as best as they think they can....that in itself should put the breaks on any outsider to the experience attempting to draw a definitive conclusion to that sighting.

Also - welcome to the board Nocturnalwatcher!!

Good question that. The only answer I could come up with is that they place that personal experience onto other sightings and use that as the benchmark for trying to decide to validity of a case. I don't agree with that stance myself, it's deeply flawed imo. I mean sure you can believe aliens have visited because you've seen them yourself, but that doesn't equate to anyone else's sighting really. Ironically most of the sightings used by people as proof happened to people who haven't made such claims, merely reported their sighting as best as they think they can....that in itself should put the breaks on any outsider to the experience attempting to draw a definitive conclusion to that sighting.

<snip>

I think you are correct in your assessment. Looking at the available evidence as I see it there is nothing that springs to mind as being that crucial piece that would change my mind. That said, as you also mention, others can have a sighting that will be their own evidence, but such can unfortunately not really be shared.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Welcome to UM. I agree that all the evidential videos and photographs are nothing more than mis-identification OR a pure hoax. Now, you say you're swayed by the similarities across the globe of abductees. Let me pose a different theory.

Could it be possible that what "abductees" are experiencing is nothing more than a shared enigma of the brain? Think of it this way, up until science started to look into the Old Hag experience and discovered it was nothing more than Sleep Paralysis, millions of people shared the same experience, believing it was a Ghost or Dark entity attacking them in the night. We now know different thanks to science.

I'm thinking what Abductees share is of this same sort of enigmatic experience. It's a real event that science is yet to understand and solve but, it's a medical and/or psychological event. :yes:

Well I'll explain further what I was trying to say. But of course you ahve the right to disagree and I respect your opinion.

If you dismiss certain evidence due to something you have witnessed yourself or experienced in life. (Doesn't have to have anything to do with UFO's) Then someone might not dismiss that same thing due to their experiences.

I'm not just talking about UFO's. Just general things. People come from different backgrounds and completely different lives.

Not believing in a God of some sort will probably produce a different opinion to someone who does. Same can be said for smaller things that can change a persons view. Like trust, luck/unluckiness, values, ethics, morals.

I know you mostly use scientific knowledge and theory to come to your conclusions. Which is fair enough and completely acceptable. But it could be wrong sometimes (not saying it is) Something missed or 1 error here and everything you know could change in a second. Don't want to get into conspiracy theories but I will just make the point that everything we are taught could be wrong or some of it. You can't just deny that possibility no matter how far fetched it is.

The fact you disagree with me sort of adds to my point that I was making.

That's the thing, isn't it Coffey? We have two kinds of evidence here as I see it. We have the evidence that can be shared by all (be it images, radar tracking data and so on) and then we have what I call personal evidence, which is basically personal experiences. The latter I agree could definitely one's perception, however, the former that we all have access to I do not see we can reach a conclusion from.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hello I'm new to the forum here but I have been researching UFO's for over 10 years.

I have been researching UFOs for the past fifty years (I feel old just writing that...)

All the evidence I've seen over the years leaves me with an overwhelming belief that alien beings are here and have been here, perhaps for thousands of years.

It depends what you mean by "evidence". Also, what do you mean by "research" ? Reading reports on the internet won't get you very far. Have you done actual investigations and met witnesses ?

This has ALWAYS been the case. Pictures of UFOs have always been very easy to fake with a simple model suspended on a thin wire. In fact, the old methods were far more realistic than CGI because the models were really in the scene, looked solid and the lighting matched the surroundings.

There are many more fakes nowadays simply because one can make them without getting out of one's seat and then post them on YouTube. But those hoaxes are mostly laughable and don't convince anyone.

I find the most compelling evidence to be the stories of people who have allegedly been abducted by aliens.

You're kidding right ? If you really look into the investigating methods of the people who support those claims, you should know by now that they are extremely biased.

The similarities in the stories from people all over the world has really grabbed my attention, especially when it came to describing the aliens beings, which in most cases are astoundingly similar

To me, that similarity is a red flag. It only shows how the media has popularized an archetype and now people all over the world are using that archetype as the basis for their stories - either consciously or unconsciously.

I have not researched this, but I am sure somebody here will know. :)

Most alleged abductees say they saw what we now know to be the typical 'grey' skinny alien with the big eyes and slit for a mouth. Before we all became aware of this type of alien. did any abductee give this description? Or, as I suspect, do all these similar descriptions come after this type of alien was first described?

Most alleged abductees say they saw what we now know to be the typical 'grey' skinny alien with the big eyes and slit for a mouth. Before we all became aware of this type of alien. did any abductee give this description? Or, as I suspect, do all these similar descriptions come after this type of alien was first described?

Actually, that particular description of aliens was not around before after an episode of the Twilight zone (if memory serves) in the mid 1960's with that exact alien stereotype featured.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Actually, that particular description of aliens was not around before after an episode of the Twilight zone (if memory serves) in the mid 1960's with that exact alien stereotype featured.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Thanks Badeskov.

I bet there were none described by abductees this way prior to that episode :)

The science fiction writer H. G. Wells, in the article "Man of the Year Million" in 1893, describes humanity transformed into a race of grey-skinned beings, stunted and with big heads. In his 1901 book The First Men in the Moon, Selenites, or natives of the Moon, are described as having grey skin, big heads, large black eyes and wasp stings. He also briefly describes aliens resembling Greys brought down to Earth as food by the antagonists of his more popular novel The War of the Worlds.

In 1933, the Swedish novelist Gustav Sandgren, using the pen name Gabriel Linde, published a science fiction novel called Den okända faran (The Unknown Danger), where he describes a race of extraterrestrials: "[...] the creatures did not resemble any race of humans. They were short, shorter than the average Japanese, and their heads were big and bald, with strong, square foreheads, and very small noses and mouths, and weak chins. What was most extraordinary about them were the eyes – large, dark, gleaming, with a sharp gaze. They wore clothes made of soft grey fabric, and their limbs seemed to be similar to those of humans." The novel was aimed at young readers, and it included illustrations of the aliens.

In 1965, newspaper reports of the Betty and Barney Hill abduction brought Greys to international attention. The alleged abductees, Betty and Barney Hill, claimed to have been abducted by alien beings and taken to a saucer-shaped spaceship in 1961. The term "Greys" did not come into usage until many years later, but the alleged beings described by Betty and Barney Hill generally fit many of the common traits of what we now call Greys.

Link

The idea of 'Greys' definitely had it's roots in science fiction literature.

Link

The idea of 'Greys' definitely had it's roots in science fiction literature.

Thanks for that Slave :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

"The alien abduction story that seems to have started the cult beliefs about alien visitation and experimentation is the Betty and Barney Hill story. The Hills claim to have been abducted by aliens on September 19, 1961. Betty first "remembered" her abduction during a series of nightmares, which she told Barney about. Barney claims the aliens took a sample of his sperm. Betty claims they stuck a needle in her belly button. She took people out to an alien landing spot, but only she could see the aliens and their craft. The Hills recalled most of their story under hypnosis a few years after the abduction. Barney Hill reported that the aliens had "wraparound eyes," a rather unusual feature. However, twelve days earlier an episode of "The Outer Limits" featured just such an alien being (Kottmeyer). According to Robert Schaeffer, "we can find all the major elements of contemporary UFO abductions in a 1930 comic adventure, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century."