Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man killed while urinating on Chicago subway

Still Waters

Zachary McKee, 27, died after coming into contact an electrified third rail while relieving himself at a subway stop in Evanston, Illinois, last night.

According to local police McKee clambered down onto the track at South Boulevard station and fell onto the rails at around 11pm.

A companion alerted subway security but were too late to save him.

He was pronounced dead less than an hour later at Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston.

It is not clear whether McKee urinated directly onto the third rail but, contrary to popular belief, the practice is unlikely to result in death.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

• Eldorado

• Insaniac

• rashore

Top Posters In This Topic

To pee or not to pee......

Who would have thought his pee would get him killed?

Edited by Insaniac

Idiot. Wonder what made him decide to climb down off the platform instead of just walking to the far end and peeing off it.

Someone needs to show this to Mythbusters. They tested this theory and I think it was busted, but I don't remember for sure. Yeah I just looked it up and it was busted. So something else killed him I imagine, or Mythbusters will have to revisit this story.

Someone needs to show this to Mythbusters. They tested this theory and I think it was busted, but I don't remember for sure. Yeah I just looked it up and it was busted. So something else killed him I imagine, or Mythbusters will have to revisit this story.

Maybe his third leg touched the third rail. Nasty!

This supposidly happened in nyc many years ago,and then it was said,it was impossible for the electricity to actually go up the urine stream.

Dunno,the third rail has a lot of juice going thru it.I wouldn't be surprised if it was absolutely possible.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Darwin Award material for sure.

My exact thoughts as well. :tu:

This supposidly happened in nyc many years ago,and then it was said,it was impossible for the electricity to actually go up the urine stream.Dunno,the third rail has a lot of juice going thru it.I wouldn't be surprised if it was absolutely possible.

If you actually read the second line of the quote, it doesn't say anything about the electricity going up the urine stream. It says he FELL ON THE TRACKS

According to local police McKee clambered down onto the track at South Boulevard station and fell onto the rails at around 11pm.
Edited by shadowlark