Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Typos with age?

Sakari

This is not a joke.....

I have noticed the last month especially, I am having a lot more typos then ever////....And I am not spelling as good, words I could spell, I am forgetting it seems.

The typos I get are almonst dyslexic in nature, as a matter of fact, I am not going back and changing anything here, as I have been doing on other posts.

This post was not bad, but it really is getting frustrating, I am only 46 yrs old in May.......Sometimes it get's a little scary.

Anyonwe else have this?

As said, not a joke, and you can see above what I mean.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• Q-C

• Sakari

• Beckys_Mom

This is not a joke.....

I have noticed the last month especially, I am having a lot more typos then ever////....And I am not spelling as good, words I could spell, I am forgetting it seems.

The typos I get are almonst dyslexic in nature, as a matter of fact, I am not going back and changing anything here, as I have been doing on other posts.

This post was not bad, but it really is getting frustrating, I am only 46 yrs old in May.......Sometimes it get's a little scary.

Anyonwe else have this?

I am a few years older, but have lately considered seeing my doctor about it. I'll leave out 3 words in one sentence. It takes me X minutes to type a post and then 3X to edit the darn thing for missing words. :unsure:

Sounds more like stress and not sleeping properly .

??????

Have you also had hair loss ? Unusual hair loss that is.

*snip*

I've been forgetting how to spell words since I'm in my early late 20s.

It happens just because you have 500 other things on your mind.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Removed medical advice

??????

There are supplements that help with some issues.

I don't know about GINKO BILOBA .It's not one I usually recommend ,but its touted as a memory booster.

I find a balance of things work better.

*snip*

I do take D3, and yes had severe hair loss a year ago, but that stopped. And yes, my stress and sleeping habits are baaad. I do need to take better care of myself.

Maybe that is it.

I am on some new medicine and I was worried it may be screwing with the language center of my brain as I will also repeat a word, the wrong word, several times in one day. Even though I know it is the wrong one. We have a lemon tree and for an entire afternoon it magically became a "melon" tree! Yet, I don't have trouble with remembering where something is or why I am in a room (at least not to where it is a problem).

Removed medical advice

I am a few years older, but have lately considered seeing my doctor about it. I'll leave out 3 words in one sentence. It takes me X minutes to type a post and then 3X to edit the darn thing for missing words. :unsure:

I am going to scheduale a appointment soon......See, did it there.

??????

There are supplements that help with some issues.

I don't know about GINKO BILOBA .It's not one I usually recommend ,but its touted as a memory booster.

I find a balance of things work better.

*snip*

Check my profile, and latest status update....I have a messed up schedule ( explained there )....Right now I am leaving for my graveyard shift ( 7 days in a row ) with no sleedp....WWas on day shift and had 4 days .

off......

Thing is, I have been doing this schedule for 8 months......Could be right though, I heard roptating schedules will mess you up medically.

Damn, lors of them this time.

Removed medical advice

This is not a joke.....

Anyonwe else have this?

I am a good bit younger than yourself and I am one of the top dogs around here at typos and errors ...Look at 99.99 % of my posts... All EDITS...Because I am forever going in to try and fix mistakes....and even then I don't get half of those right either lol

I do type pretty fast and that's why I trip up a lot ...And I hit reply too quickly and forget to double check my posts for errors.....This is why all you will read at the bottom of my posts is - This post has been Edited by BM...

I do not think it is your age or anything else .. I feel it could be your fast typing? ..Rushing posts?

Thing is... On a forum, it doesn't matter if you spelt the odd word wrongly. ( hence why the rules will not allow anyone to correct you and pick on spelling ect ) ......We can get the gist of what you are saying, that is all that matters....And if anyone not picks your spelling, ignore them, they only will do that if they know you have them beaten in a debate// argument ..I call it - Sore looser syndrome..When I see them do it, I laugh lol

Put it this way... I casually post...meaning I do not sit and worry about how well my post looks ( spelling and other typos )... I will post with quirks like ---> arrows ................(dots to take breaks in between sentences)....Bold words or sentences I want to lay the emphasis on.........lol's and smiles... ...Each of those are my forum quirks... But If I were to sit and write a formal letter or even a book., there is no way I would use any of my forum quirks and presentations to do it... I would take my time and do it properely ..But I do not feel I need to do that on a forum... I am more relaxed and like to use my quirks and can take it with more ease...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I am going to scheduale a appointment soon......See, did it there.

Check my profile, and latest status update....I have a messed up schedule ( explained there )....Right now I am leaving for my graveyard shift ( 7 days in a row ) with no sleedp....WWas on day shift and had 4 days .

off......

Thing is, I have been doing this schedule for 8 months......Could be right though, I heard roptating schedules will mess you up medically.

Damn, lors of them this time.

Ohhhh,the midnight shift totally messes you up.I loved working the hours,but as a regular diet,it totally messes up your circadian clock.

Sleep,eating,metabolism.

Facacked !

*scratches head*

If there's no way around the schedule,you need to MAKE me time.

Also ,do you talk on a cell phone a lot ?

I use one for internet,but talking on it ....when its in my ear,and people are speaking,it feels like its slamming into my brain.

My head goes blank if I keep the phone too close to my ear .It's like I can't remember how to speak for a few seconds.It's VERY disconcerting ,to say the least.

Keep cells phones away from your head to a degree. I definately think its detrimental ,with constant use .

Not sure how,but it does something.

I would look into the supplements I mentioned. They will help .

I do take D3, and yes had severe hair loss a year ago, but that stopped. And yes, my stress and sleeping habits are baaad. I do need to take better care of myself.

Maybe that is it.

I am on some new medicine and I was worried it may be screwing with the language center of my brain as I will also repeat a word, the wrong word, several times in one day. Even though I know it is the wrong one. We have a lemon tree and for an entire afternoon it magically became a "melon" tree! Yet, I don't have trouble with remembering where something is or why I am in a room (at least not to where it is a problem).

Well,we all know how i feel about these new confangled medicines ,and their side affects.

Mod Edit: Please remember that this is not a traditional or alternative medical forum. We do not permit the dispensing of medical advice and you are always best to seek the advice of your health practitioner.

Removed medical advice

I am a good bit younger than yourself and I am one of the top dogs around here at typos and errors ...Look at 99.99 % of my posts... All EDITS...Because I am forever going in to try and fix mistakes....and even then I don't get half of those right either lol

I do type pretty fast and that's why I trip up a lot ...And I hit reply too quickly and forget to double check my posts for errors.....This is why all you will read at the bottom of my posts is - This post has been Edited by BM...

I do not think it is your age or anything else .. I feel it could be your fast typing? ..Rushing posts?

Thing is... On a forum, it doesn't matter if you spelt the odd word wrongly. ( hence why the rules will not allow anyone to correct you and pick on spelling ect ) ......We can get the gist of what you are saying, that is all that matters....And if anyone not picks your spelling, ignore them, they only will do that if they know you have them beaten in a debate// argument ..I call it - Sore looser syndrome..When I see them do it, I laugh lol

Put it this way... I casually post...meaning I do not sit and worry about how well my post looks ( spelling and other typos )... I will post with quirks like ---> arrows ................(dots to take breaks in between sentences)....Bold words or sentences I want to lay the emphasis on.........lol's and smiles... ...Each of those are my forum quirks... But If I were to sit and write a formal letter or even a book., there is no way I would use any of my forum quirks and presentations to do it... I would take my time and do it properely ..But I do not feel I need to do that on a forum... I am more relaxed and like to use my quirks and can take it with more ease...

Yeah, I make up my own English grammar,lol, but this leaving out several words and mixing up spoken words so often is something new and so worried me a bit.

I don't have too many problems with typos but I do tend to repeat myself, but I don't have too many problems with typos, it's just that I keep repeating myself.

When I worked the night shift, I had a hard time remembering the current day of the week. Or else I would get ready for work at 11 PM instead of 3 AM (normal scheduled time).

Well, I'm old and I don't spell any worse than I did when I was younger. However, my fingers aren't quite as agile, therefore I get a few more typos. If the errors and typos are becoming a real problem I suggest your ask your primary care physician.

I blame it on the keyboard becoming worn out. Seriously, I like to think I can spell OK, but (not being a touch typist) there are some words that invariably come out wrong no matter how slowly and carefully I try to hit the keys correctly - such as chnage, servcie, guage...

I blame it on the keyboard becoming worn out.

The 'a' key on mine often doesn't print but I try and look out for that.