Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gary Galka :

Bogeyman

It would seem that you are getting really upset about this,and its up to you what you believe or disbelieve,but you cannot tell folk to stay off these pages.Chill out Lady and dont insult other peoples intelligence.No one in the history of mankind has ever contacted the dead,and are not likely to,until they get there.

:clap::yes:
  • Like 1

The problem is a lack of education about the real "FACTS" of the paranomral. EVP is one of those facts. So is ITC. Even the Catholic Church studied the phenomemnon and found it to be real. I've been working with EVP for 30 yrs... Anyone who doubts EVP.... Let him go and try it for themselves. Ask for responses with particular answers. You will be shocked.

• Like 1

I have been a member for over a year....I do not speak out very often because after reading most posts, I have found certain people jump down your throat if you differ from them....not a very open minded lot here actually!! I have always used exclamation points....sorry if you don't like it....I am passionate about what I believe!! I am not upset....just do not agree with your opinion!! I think you wanted the word "trolling" not tolling....and yes, I believe what I posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just meant if you do not believe in the paranormal and do not believe in spirits, then why would one actually make any comments at all or why would one even read these forums? Is is just to put other people who do believe down so you can feel superior somehow?

• Like 1

Let him go and try it for themselves. Ask for responses with particular answers. You will be shocked.

Tried it.. and funny enough I was shocked.. because.. I got nadda.. I have tried it quite a few times.. at home.. at places that are supposed to be haunted.. at grave yards.. and pretty much got white noise each time :)

Funny how each show they successfully get some kind of evp.. and yet when I and a few others I know have tried.. we have got nothing..

that is shocking..

A lot of the shows have come up with nothing....I guess if you watched them you would know that....I think spirits do not respond to just anyone either....you need the right karma....not everyone would make a good ghost hunter!!

heh there is always a reason or excuse why 'spirits' wont communicate to someone..

and I do watch them harley.. just for the comedy factor :) ..

oh and if your wondering.. do I believe in spirits.. of course I do.. I'm a pagan.. but do I believe but do I believe in what the different paranormal shows spout.. hell no.. I leave that to the guillible.. Spirits guide.. though feelings and emotions.. not through apparent words on a tape recorder..

I have been a member for over a year....I do not speak out very often because after reading most posts, I have found certain people jump down your throat if you differ from them....not a very open minded lot here actually!! I have always used exclamation points....sorry if you don't like it....I am passionate about what I believe!! I am not upset....just do not agree with your opinion!! I think you wanted the word "trolling" not tolling....and yes, I believe what I posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just meant if you do not believe in the paranormal and do not believe in spirits, then why would one actually make any comments at all or why would one even read these forums? Is is just to put other people who do believe down so you can feel superior somehow?

*snip*

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
Garbage post removed

if you do not believe in the paranormal and do not believe in spirits, then why would one actually make any comments at all or why would one even read these forums? Is is just to put other people who do believe down so you can feel superior somehow?

but that's the thing 'being a believer' is very much like a religious position, where you decide the world is one way and anything to the contrary is a blasphemy.

i'd say everyone here is interested in the paranormal, and probably believe that some genuinely mysterious things happen sometimes. and i'm sure they'd love to see them. however, that doesn't mean they will just blindly accept anything citing that they are 'a believer.'

unfortunately the reality of the human race is such that any occasional interesting event is swamped by a sea of charlatans, hoaxers, genuine mistakes, exaggeration, and people who desperately want to believe things and perpetuate those falsehoods. so yes, a lot of skepticism is necessary if one wants to draw anything meaningful out of all of this.

Edited by ad hoc

That is all the guy wanted to do was make sure she is safe and verify there is hope of seeing her again!! By having a birthday cake, it is just their way of remembering her....people put poems in the paper, erect statues, make tee shirts, signs on their car windows......lots of ways to remember their love one who have gone before them.....I see nothing weird about a cake!! I have read Zac's book, seen all their shows, seen them on news shows....we are even friends on facebook....there is nothing fake about what they do....they are very serious about the whole thing!! and it was up to this guy as to whether he wanted to go public about his daughter.....and communicating with her....so what? He too is very serious about the whole thing!! It is because of GA and GH that paranormal investigating has reached new levels and we are coming closer to trying to understand more about the paranormal!!

Even the government has had them investigate plane hangers, ships, light houses, etc for them.

This is one of those examples of those who take TV shows too serious!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of GA and out of all of them I respect GA the most. Simply because I have personally spoke with and had conversation with Nick Groff. Not many celebrities from TV shows take the time to do that.

Ghost Hunters are nothing but a bunch of pompous's a**es. Especially for making snood comments at other Paranormal Teams.

Remembering your deceased loved ones is fine. But to celebrate their birthday every year and lighting a birthday cake for them is not normal, nor is it helping the family grieve and move on. Honestly, I don't think he wants to. Since they showed his warehouse of equipment shows me they were trying to boost sales of what they showed on the shelf.

I am a very objective investigator and I keep things real as they can be. You can ask a couple of people around here who have seen my work. We may not agree 100% on some things. Be a fan of the shows, but be nothing more than a fan.

• Like 1

you do your thing girl and dont let them hate on you!!!!!!! i to always find it amazing that when some people are trying to have a conversation on here that the grammar patrol ALWAYS pokes its head out to offer nothing to the conversation except to say your using too many exclamation points and half the time they spell exclamation wrong lol.....oops i used alot of periods haha oh wait i guess some people wont get my point now will they :yes: .......oh i hope noone jumps on my case for taking the thread way off course???? oh i forgot some people already did that!!!!!!!!!

There's no real difference between three or twenty exclamation points.

Formally there's no need for more than one but in this internet world a couple more seems to make it more effective apparently...

So there's no need to hold that button down for so long.

what are you doing to advance the conversation their having? since your all about being "FORMAL" arent you being ridiculous by trying to take the conversation about evp's and turn it into a discussion about the number of exclamation points? sounds to me like you dont really have anything to offer to the conversation and if more than one period or exclamation point irritates you that bad than you dont have to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im just tryin to "FORMALLY" point that out to you!!!!! now kick that pinky finger out and lets have a drink :tu:

Edited by nirvana91

:clap::yes:

i just want to know why you quoted a comment by another member who said noone has contacted the dead and is not likely to and responded with the clapping smilies? are you really a paranormal investigator? i know what your username says but am just wondering because if you are responding to that quote the way you did makes no sense. if you absolutely believe that quote why are you wasting your time studying something that is not real? i have no fight in this but saw where your comment was removed after another said you were jealous of those on tv and standing back and looking at it that is what it looks like. im not knocking you or anything or whatever you do or how you go about it i just dont understand how you can be intrigued by something enough to investigate it yet agree with a comment says it never happened?

I'm curious myself Nirvana91...!

I also agree with some of what Harleyblueswoman said about if you do not believe in the Paranormal, ghosts or spirits why do you interact with us "believers"? Honestly, I think some of you do it to entertain yourselves. Please allow me to make a point with this... You keep asking believers for facts, proof and evidence etc; You ask us for credentials and what gives us the authority to investigate? Well... I am going to reverse this and ask skeptics where are you credentials, facts, proof and evidence that it does not exist or it is not real? So I guess in a way there is mutual ground here. We both want the same thing. Let's be frank with each other... we can go at it all day, all night bickering back and forth. I could tell you about multiple experiences and show you tons of evidence until you are blue in the face. When all said and done, we do have something in common. We search for proof, end of story. However when someone does bring proof to the table it isn't going to matter. A skeptic will dissect it to death and find every reason why it isn't paranormal simply because they do not believe in it. Needless to say according to them we are all crazy and no matter how much evidence you collect or document it won't matter until they have their own experience! Period!!!

• Like 1

Please allow me to make a point with this... You keep asking believers for facts, proof and evidence etc; You ask us for credentials and what gives us the authority to investigate? Well... I am going to reverse this and ask skeptics where are you credentials, facts, proof and evidence that it does not exist or it is not real?

ecto, one cannot prove a negative.

I also agree with some of what Harleyblueswoman said about if you do not believe in the Paranormal, ghosts or spirits why do you interact with us "believers"? Honestly, I think some of you do it to entertain yourselves. Please allow me to make a point with this... You keep asking believers for facts, proof and evidence etc; You ask us for credentials and what gives us the authority to investigate? Well... I am going to reverse this and ask skeptics where are you credentials, facts, proof and evidence that it does not exist or it is not real? So I guess in a way there is mutual ground here. We both want the same thing. Let's be frank with each other... we can go at it all day, all night bickering back and forth. I could tell you about multiple experiences and show you tons of evidence until you are blue in the face. When all said and done, we do have something in common. We search for proof, end of story. However when someone does bring proof to the table it isn't going to matter. A skeptic will dissect it to death and find every reason why it isn't paranormal simply because they do not believe in it. Needless to say according to them we are all crazy and no matter how much evidence you collect or document it won't matter until they have their own experience! Period!!!

perfectly said :yes:

Agree Ecto76. It's a constant battle. Let me also speak up on grieving parents. What error in thinking makes us believe that we are in a position to judge another's experience and responses, when we have not had the experience ourselves, and are not affected by the outcome? There is a sad lack of compassion displayed in some of the remarks here. You may feel justified in expressing your opinion, but you are not considering the pain that it causes the person you are addressing. Is your opinion really that important that you would use it as a weapon, whether unwittingly or not?

i just want to know why you quoted a comment by another member who said noone has contacted the dead and is not likely to and responded with the clapping smilies? are you really a paranormal investigator? i know what your username says but am just wondering because if you are responding to that quote the way you did makes no sense. if you absolutely believe that quote why are you wasting your time studying something that is not real? i have no fight in this but saw where your comment was removed after another said you were jealous of those on tv and standing back and looking at it that is what it looks like. im not knocking you or anything or whatever you do or how you go about it i just dont understand how you can be intrigued by something enough to investigate it yet agree with a comment says it never happened?

A little research goes a long way my friend. If you'd take the time to look at my bio you'd see that I'm researching in a scientific manor. To prove, disprove is of no importance at this time. We simply are researching and investigating the world of the paranormal including but not limited to; technology used, claims themselves, psychology behind experiences, etc etc. Our one goal at this time is to create a S.O.P. for researching the paranormal that will be accepted by science across the globe and will "weed" out if you will the thousands of amateur investigators. Read my bio for more information.

100% agree with Colorado Paranormal,another "scam" merchant robbing gullible folk.These people should be reported to the authorities for full investigation,and pending the outcome Jailed/fined..

For above :clap:

Colorado, I take it you are a skeptical investigator. Childish name calling doesn't win you any credibility. The fact that there are any shows on TV addressing the paranormal is encouraging to me, no matter how trite they may seem. It's standard fare for TV. As to the subject of EVP, it is a very real phenomenon. The voices do appear, and are responsive to questioning. They are often indicative of communication from the deceased. Serious researchers are reluctant to ascribe them to a particular source, however. It may be a shared medium, or evidence of an even more complex process that as yet eludes scientific understanding. It does not take any complex equipment to capture the voices. It takes patient listening to interpret what is heard. Some voices are loud and clear, others are not. Often many voices are heard simultaneously. Practiced researchers can also develop the ability to hear them audibly as they are being recorded. The voices can sometimes trigger a voice-activated recorder. The entire phenomena should be considered in a serious light, as it may be relevant to issues of mental illness, where hearing voices is defined as a delusional experience. In the case of this story, losing a child may be the most difficult experience a person can ever endure. Whatever means the parents use to deal with their loss is valid, and should not be judged as morbid. Best wishes to the family.

I have tried and tried to find anything that would make any of your opinions be fact.To this day, there is no evidence at all to any of this being real...Actually the opposite.

There was a funded place with real Scientists looking into these things for years.The funding stopped, and they stopped.....Wonder why?

Not fakes...already been proven....they have been on numerous shows and proved that what they do is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exact opposite my dear.....They have been proven frauds.

I am just reading through this, and I see you jumping down peoples throats for trying to have a conversation, and not agreeing with you.......Take a deep breath.

It has been pointed out to you 3 times now.......A lot of us have had experiences, and there is a topic on it........So, your theory is wrong.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=203763&st=0

• Like 1

That's enough garbage posting from those who have little to say other than post snide remarks over other peoples grammar and posting style. Continue on this note and warnings will be handed out.

• Like 1

Thank you Moderator... :tu::clap:

I wonder why we can never stay on topic? Skeptics have to constantly prove us wrong and when they can't they feel the need to make remarks and making fun of people's grammar. This is why it turns into a constant battle. We're entitled to our own opinion and beliefs. People can agree and disagree.

Edited by Ecto76
  • Like 1

To be fair, that isn't the definition of a skeptic there. There are skeptics and then there are cynics, and then there are just some who are rude either way. Unfortunately you get that in all walks of life and the less attention that kind of behaviour is given the better. There are however plenty of skeptics around here who are completely pleasant to converse with.

A Gentlemen in another topic couldn't of said it better... when in any chat forum, all you see is text. You cannot hear the tone behind the text. Unless it is just outright a snood remark or comment that has nothing to do with the topic. I think everyone should keep that in mind. When someone has a different "style" of posting a reply, it is the attempt at getting the point across because you cannot hear the tone from their voice.

:tu:

• Like 1

Thank you Moderator... :tu::clap:

I wonder why we can never stay on topic? Skeptics have to constantly prove us wrong and when they can't they feel the need to make remarks and making fun of people's grammar. This is why it turns into a constant battle. We're entitled to our own opinion and beliefs. People can agree and disagree.

Not all of us are like that, same with the " believer " crowd....

Every group has it's black sheep, let's not label them all into one group.

Anyway, back on topic....

Ecto, have you read the sightings from skeptics?.......No offense, I just notice you use the " they have to experience to believe it " quite a bit.If you read that topic, you will see that may not all ways be the case, plus there are some cool stories there :)

A little research goes a long way my friend. If you'd take the time to look at my bio you'd see that I'm researching in a scientific manor. To prove, disprove is of no importance at this time. We simply are researching and investigating the world of the paranormal including but not limited to; technology used, claims themselves, psychology behind experiences, etc etc. Our one goal at this time is to create a S.O.P. for researching the paranormal that will be accepted by science across the globe and will "weed" out if you will the thousands of amateur investigators. Read my bio for more information.

sounds fair enough and really interesting again i wasnt tryin to start anything and hope what your tryin to do advances the subject

A Gentlemen in another topic couldn't of said it better... when in any chat forum, all you see is text. You cannot hear the tone behind the text. Unless it is just outright a snood remark or comment that has nothing to do with the topic. I think everyone should keep that in mind. When someone has a different "style" of posting a reply, it is the attempt at getting the point across because you cannot hear the tone from their voice.

:tu:

Yeah I agree to a point.Even though my comment about excessive exclamation points wasn't snipped, the way I worded it was pretty rude and tactless.I was trying to be helpful in bluntly pointing out that riddling posts with exclamation points to get a point across is really uneccessary and,I feel it is as bad as typing a post in all caps.To me it is the same as shouting. I think the believers on this site need to stop geting so defensive when confronted with skeptics because obviously a skeptic is going to doubt your experiences and the paranormal itself. They wouldn't be a skeptic if they didn't. Some of the skeptics on here are quite rude and insinuate someone is lying or making things up when the believer genuinely believes what they saw is real.Much of the rudeness I beleive is unfortunately a side effect of the many trolls who have been caught on this site lying in the past for attention.

Now to the point of this topic. I don't know much about Evps,to say one thing or another,though I lean towards the skeptical side. I do appreciate people that are really taking the effort to scientifically investigate whether these devices really produce the phenomenon they claim or are a product of radio interference,paredolia etc. I've already mentioned my opinion about Ghost Adventures being focused strictly on entertainment value,so I don't have much trust in the show bwing factual. Whenever I watch that show its mainy for the laugh factor,

Edited by mattryan209