Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gary Galka :

Bogeyman

Each of these show have their own ways of investigating. GA does their own filming so there is no contamination and they do like to provoke spirits to get their attention....which I find a little dangerous, especially if the spirit is of a demonic nature!! GA will also take on places that have demonic activity. GH does differently...they pretty much avoid the demonic....and have seen them provoke a bit but not to the extent of GA. GA started to find proof of spirits to prove to people that they do exist...and they have done that. GH started to help people who were having paranormal in their homes and have since branched out. I applaud both shows for having the guts to bring this subject out into the main stream and have made considerable strides in showing to the public that there is truth to the paranormal and have made it almost acceptable to the public that is ok to question the paranormal and want to know if ghosts really exist or not. Paranormal State was also a good one but no longer airs...altho some of the people from the show are still actively working in the paranormal. It is dangerous work....the line between what is ghosts and what is demonic is hard to differentiate from sometimes!! Ask GA....they have had some horrible experiences and haved toned down their provoking of the demonic!! They learned that the hard way I am afraid!! I was simply defending these shows as they are real people with real experiences that they take the time to share with us. There are several other shows that are just making money....but ya take the bad with the good!! Having lost lots of loved ones....I still feel there is nothing morbid about celebrating these people's lives even tho they have gone on before us!! After all....you celebrate Christmas and Easter..... what would that be? Is that being morbid?.....but then that would take us to another forum..... :-*

Edited by harleyblueswoman

Each of these show have their own ways of investigating. GA does their own filming so there is no contamination and they do like to provoke spirits to get their attention....which I find a little dangerous, especially if the spirit is of a demonic nature!! GA will also take on places that have demonic activity. GH does differently...they pretty much avoid the demonic....and have seen them provoke a bit but not to the extent of GA. GA started to find proof of spirits to prove to people that they do exist...and they have done that. GH started to help people who were having paranormal in their homes and have since branched out. I applaud both shows for having the guts to bring this subject out into the main stream and have made considerable strides in showing to the public that there is truth to the paranormal and have made it almost acceptable to the public that is ok to question the paranormal and want to know if ghosts really exist or not. Paranormal State was also a good one but no longer airs...altho some of the people from the show are still actively working in the paranormal. It is dangerous work....the line between what is ghosts and what is demonic is hard to differentiate from sometimes!! Ask GA....they have had some horrible experiences and haved toned down their provoking of the demonic!! They learned that the hard way I am afraid!! I was simply defending these shows as they are real people with real experiences that they take the time to share with us. There are several other shows that are just making money....but ya take the bad with the good!! Having lost lots of loved ones....I still feel there is nothing morbid about celebrating these people's lives even tho they have gone on before us!! After all....you celebrate Christmas and Easter..... what would that be? Is that being morbid?.....but then that would take us to another forum..... :-*

Harley,

Please start researching " possesion ", " demons ", " EMF " ( I made a great topic on that with a lot of information ), " ghosts ", etc....And I mean not on Paranormal sites and TV shows.Actually do research, see what the history is, and what explanations and answers are.

Just the " EMF " alone is a joke if you only know about that from " paranormal researchers " or TV shows.......Here, let me find the link just for that :

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=222978&hl=

If you actually read that, and the links, you will see " EMF's " are not so uncommon after all......And the " make some people sick and hallucinate "....What a joke these people are, frauds.

If you start educating yourself on these things and stop using TV shows as your education, I promise, you will have a different opinion.And it is fun doing that also.

I am trying to help you out here, I used to believe all of those " paranormal " shows also......

I actually agree with Sakari regarding methodology when it comes to using TV shows work ethics.

Honestly I think many forget the definition of "Paranormal".

Denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding. If it cannot be explained then it is Paranormal.

Edited by Ecto76
  • Like 1

I actually agree with Sakari regarding methodology when it comes to using TV shows work ethics.

Denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding. If it cannot be explained then it is Paranormal.

I like " Unexplained " myself :)

edit : I " liked " your reply though.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

i'd have to disagree that it is automatically paranormal if it's not explained by science. eventually it may be, then where does that leave the whole paranormal issue?

there are things that are truly paranormal, i would agree with that, but i wouldn't be so quick to claim that just because science hasn't found an answer yet that means it falls into the paranormal category.

i'd have to disagree that it is automatically paranormal if it's not explained by science. eventually it may be, then where does that leave the whole paranormal issue?

there are things that are truly paranormal, i would agree with that, but i wouldn't be so quick to claim that just because science hasn't found an answer yet that means it falls into the paranormal category.

Didn't I kind of say that? lol... "IF" it cannot be explained by any means then it is labeled Paranormal. I'm not the one who actually thought of this law, rule or whatever you want call it. Scientists did this. If things cannot be explained by any scientific explanation then they rule it Paranormal. The term Paranormal also doesn't always mean it is related to ghosts or spirits. It just simply means there is no explanation yet. There could very well be a natural explanation that Paranormal Investigators are unaware of or even scientists? Honestly... we're all derailing from the actual topic. lol

Didn't I kind of say that? lol... "IF" it cannot be explained by any means then it is labeled Paranormal. I'm not the one who actually thought of this law, rule or whatever you want call it. Scientists did this. If things cannot be explained by any scientific explanation then they rule it Paranormal. The term Paranormal also doesn't always mean it is related to ghosts or spirits. It just simply means there is no explanation yet. There could very well be a natural explanation that Paranormal Investigators are unaware of or even scientists? Honestly... we're all derailing from the actual topic. lol

Lets just call things that are not explained...

" I don't know "

:)

Ok, back on topic....

• Like 1

As much as I like the show...

I'm just having trouble with understanding how they helped this family? It is obvious to me that since Gary Galka builds equipment for them that he's been in the field for sometime. I don't know much about him or his background. Perhaps its wrong of me to make such an assumption but in my honest opinion I think it was a propaganda scheme to boast and promote the equipment used on the show? This episode bothered me a little.

• Like 1

As much as I like the show...

I'm just having trouble with understanding how they helped this family? It is obvious to me that since Gary Galka builds equipment for them that he's been in the field for sometime. I don't know much about him or his background. Perhaps its wrong of me to make such an assumption but in my honest opinion I think it was a propaganda scheme to boast and promote the equipment used on the show? This episode bothered me a little.

In a way they did use the show to promote their equipment and it bothered me as well. There is a time and place for advertisement and it's certainly not the right time when you are telling about your deceased childs life, even if the equipment was dedicated to them.

Tell you what Harley.. when someone shows me one of these toys.. and it does what they say it does.. right in front of my eyes.. then I will believe.. it is so easy to edit stuff for a TV show to get the right thing that they want.. so if some paranormal show say's 'These are the bees knees and really work.. go get one' first thing I will do is laugh at the twits that rush out to get one..

GA.. I laugh myself silly when I watch it.. That show is for the seriously gullible..

GH I find a little more interesting.. there is only a couple of times I smile slightly when something interesting happens..

Most haunted from england.. is another in the GA genre..

I have yet to see a paranomal show that make me sit up and take notice..

On a side note.. I did a twilight tour of fremantle prison.. built in 1855.. closed in 1992 .. supposed to be the most haunted building in western australia.. people have seen ghosts.. orbs.. been touched.. taken photos that show orbs.. or spirits.. doors opening and slamming shut.. there have been reports of ghosts for a number of years..

was a good tour.. did I see anything.. nope.. did I feel anything.. nope.. did doors open and slam shut.. yep.. but they were from the tour group behind us.. did I take photos.. quite a few.. was there any orbs or spirits.. guess what.. nope.. there was bugger all..

Guess I must have been there while the ghosts were having a holiday..

Not everyone will have experiences with ghosts. You could go to a dozen different locations where hundreds of different sightings have taken place and never have an experience. It's almost like a game of cat and mouse, sometimes the cat never catches the mouse even if it's right infront of it's face. As for them being on holiday.... even ghosts need a break.

Edited by Zirna

When the bible says 'there is no more room in hell--the dead shall walk the earth" Is that what this paranormal activity is. I alway thought the phrase referred to zombies, but maybe it refers to spirits.... just a thought.

When the bible says 'there is no more room in hell--the dead shall walk the earth" Is that what this paranormal activity is. I alway thought the phrase referred to zombies, but maybe it refers to spirits.... just a thought.

Haha... I am not laughing at you. I sometimes think the same thing. Ever watch the movie Ghostbusters? Remember the part when they were in the Ecto-Mobile ( Ecto 1 ) Winston ( Talking to Ray Stantz ) brought up a part in the bible where it refers where the dead will rise from the grave. It was called Judgment Day. Then Winston says "Maybe we're so busy lately because the dead have been rising from the grave" ? Not that I really think we're facing judgment day at all. Why is it that there are millions of people who have had encounters with ghosts and spirits lately? Hmmmm? Just saying...

People around the world have been reporting seeing ghosts for eons, it's just much easier to reach a wider audience today with all of the media access. Additionally, it's currently a "movement" much like it was in the early 1900's.

Like the late 20's early 30's (history loves to repeat iteself) I actually give alot of the "credit" Ghost Hunters, while they may not be the first "paranormal" show or team, they certainly brought this fun and exciting new hobby into the mainstream.

Kids and even adults love to emulate their favorite things, so they follow suit. I'm sure the fad will pass, no idea what radio shack will do with all of those extra EMF meters and wide band transistor radios then hehe.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

People around the world have been reporting seeing ghosts for eons, it's just much easier to reach a wider audience today with all of the media access. Additionally, it's currently a "movement" much like it was in the early 1900's.

Like the late 20's early 30's (history loves to repeat iteself) I actually give alot of the "credit" Ghost Hunters, while they may not be the first "paranormal" show or team, they certainly brought this fun and exciting new hobby into the mainstream.

Kids and even adults love to emulate their favorite things, so they follow suit. I'm sure the fad will pass, no idea what radio shack will do with all of those extra EMF meters and wide band transistor radios then hehe.

:yes::clap::nw:

Nicely put! You're absolutey correct, I'm not sure how many times I've quoted the Spiritualist Movement of the 20's/30's and the work Houdini did to defraud the thousands of spiritualists whom were bilking millions of dollars from uneducated and emotionally hurting individuals and families. This is simply happening again BUT on a much more grand scale!

And as I've said many many times, the spiritualists of today are the thousands of amatuer paranormal "investigators," and the damage they are creating is just as dangerous. Thus why it's SO important to create a scientifically viable and acceptable Standard of Operations that will weed out and simply make it TOO difficult for these amatuers to continue on. Thus solving this dangerous issue that plagues society today.

Again, well put! :yes:

• 1 month later...

super fly, stop necro posting. if you going to make a necro post then please make it worth while to read instea of you typing few words

Edited by Brian Topp

Colorado, I take it you are a skeptical investigator. Childish name calling doesn't win you any credibility. The fact that there are any shows on TV addressing the paranormal is encouraging to me, no matter how trite they may seem. It's standard fare for TV. As to the subject of EVP, it is a very real phenomenon. The voices do appear, and are responsive to questioning. They are often indicative of communication from the deceased. Serious researchers are reluctant to ascribe them to a particular source, however. It may be a shared medium, or evidence of an even more complex process that as yet eludes scientific understanding. It does not take any complex equipment to capture the voices. It takes patient listening to interpret what is heard. Some voices are loud and clear, others are not. Often many voices are heard simultaneously. Practiced researchers can also develop the ability to hear them audibly as they are being recorded. The voices can sometimes trigger a voice-activated recorder. The entire phenomena should be considered in a serious light, as it may be relevant to issues of mental illness, where hearing voices is defined as a delusional experience. In the case of this story, losing a child may be the most difficult experience a person can ever endure. Whatever means the parents use to deal with their loss is valid, and should not be judged as morbid. Best wishes to the family.

Much of what you say is sound. But: "Practiced researchers can also develop the ability to hear them audibly as they are being recorded." ? I don't think so. Hearing is hearing. If anything, our hearing becomes less acute as we grow older.

Also, your statement about hearing voices isn't relevant to a discussion of EVP, which are recordings that are played back. People with mental illnesses that cause them to hear voices hear said voices inside their heads, not from without.

Sorry for the necropost, Brian. I didn't realize the topic was old.

Edited by lizzieboo
  • Like 2

Much of what you say is sound. But: "Practiced researchers can also develop the ability to hear them audibly as they are being recorded." ? I don't think so. Hearing is hearing. If anything, our hearing becomes less acute as we grow older.

Also, your statement about hearing voices isn't relevant to a discussion of EVP, which are recordings that are played back. People with mental illnesses that cause them to hear voices hear said voices inside their heads, not from without.

Sorry for the necropost, Brian. I didn't realize the topic was old.

You are fine, Unlike Super-Fly, who just says two words that doesn't contribute any thing to the thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Bible doesn't say that.

That's a quote from 1978 zombie movie "Dawn of the Dead". The character who quotes it says he heard it from his grandfather, a voodoo priest. It's a made-up quote attributed to a fictional character.

Sounds cool, but it's nowhere to be found in the Bible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the episode of Ghost Adventures with Gary Galka and i will admit i was impressed, now that science is getting more and more advanced we can do things like talking to the dead through white noise, and they can also do voice recognition which is great, i would love to contact some of my family members who passed, but sometimes if someone is at peace then you leave them at peace

Where is that in the bible? I know the dead will walk the earth part, but not the when hell is full so to speak. Have never read that.

I know this is an old topic so, boo me if you must. GA can not be taken without a grain of salt. They are way too dramatic. I love the show, but find much of their evidence to be questionable matrixing. I dont believe they are out and out fakes. Just questionable.

By the way I am friends with them on twitter and facebook, anyone can be. They are famous.I also have gotten a response from one of them. doesnt make them any less questionable. I loved this episode though, I can understand honoring their daughters birthday, many people have rituals to honor loved ones aniverseries. My moms birthday, I have to call mys sister. People buy plants or flowers or burn candles, visit the death site. I kept my moms emails for a long time. If I had a voice message I would have saved it. I have a tape of my dad when he was on a picnic with us. I dont find it morbid.

There is a picture of my mom after she died with other members of the family. I find this morbid. I was there when it was taken. I will never look at it.

hahaha, necroposting. I apologise also, Brian. Love it.

Edited by snappydragon

• 4 weeks later...

This was on ghost adventures, they celebrate this girls birthday every year, the collected EVP (Electronic voice phenomena) and a "Ghost Box" a device that rapidly scans radio frequencies allowing a "Spirit" to be able to speak in the white noise. This was done in "Ghost adventures - The galka family. KEEP RELIGION OUT OF THIS. How would you Christians like it if we went onto your "God forums" and started spewing atheism at you? You wouldn't, correct no one has proven that ghost exist, but don't forget that no one has ever proven god does either, and you're only going to say "But the bible..." STOP, i'll go write a book all about how a spirits exist because it says so.. Ghost's are believed to be made up of electro magnetic energy, god "The holy spirit" IMO was made up in someone's imagination.

This was on ghost adventures, they celebrate this girls birthday every year, the collected EVP (Electronic voice phenomena) and a "Ghost Box" a device that rapidly scans radio frequencies allowing a "Spirit" to be able to speak in the white noise. This was done in "Ghost adventures - The galka family. KEEP RELIGION OUT OF THIS. How would you Christians like it if we went onto your "God forums" and started spewing atheism at you? You wouldn't, correct no one has proven that ghost exist, but don't forget that no one has ever proven god does either, and you're only going to say "But the bible..." STOP, i'll go write a book all about how a spirits exist because it says so.. Ghost's are believed to be made up of electro magnetic energy, god "The holy spirit" IMO was made up in someone's imagination.