Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election

Von Bismarck

John McCain's 2008 campaign staff allegedly had evidence that Democrats stuffed ballot boxes in Pennsylvania and Ohio on election night, but McCain chose not to pursue voter fraud, according to internal Stratfor emails published by WikiLeaks.

In an email sent on November 7, 2008, and titled " Insight - The Dems & Dirty Tricks ** Internal Use Only - Pls Do Not Forward **," Stratfor vice president of intelligence Fred Burton wrote:

1) The black Dems were caught stuffing the ballot boxes in Philly and Ohio as reported the night of the election and Sen. McCain chose not to fight. The matter is not dead inside the party. It now becomes a matter of sequence now as to how and when to "out".

Democrats Manipulated The 2008 Election Results

How exactly does one "stuff a ballot box"?

1. Ballots are handed to the individual by the election official/judge manning the box AFTER the person signs a book with their name and address (confirms the correct precinct).

2. Paper ballots have coding, size and position of questions/ballot are set. Hard to forge.

3. Each precinct knows how many eligible voters live in the precinct. Having more ballots than people would stop the voting. (The precinct is only issued a set amount of ballots.)

4. Tampering with an optical scanning ballot machine is possible. It will be caught when the actual data is transferred to the main processor for accounting.

5. Cramming a ballot(s) into a box doesn't mean that these ballots were counted.

Do people try to commit voter fraud, yup. Does the article in the OP (bit about ballot stuffing) make sense to me? Nope and I was an election official for years.

The email discussed in the OP makes accusations but doesn't really show any evidence. I don't know about the other two issues in the email but the "stuffing the ballot box" really doesn't fly.

Nibs

• Like 1

If this election is close I expect litigation just like we saw in 2000. I hope the repubs are getting their battle plan together so they can use surveillance to prove voting irregularities to a court's standard. The dems hve probably already written the briefs for legal action :w00t:

It should be fun to watch all of the libs and anarchists who worship at the altar of Wikileaks throw them under the bus for this one.

If this election is close I expect litigation just like we saw in 2000. I hope the repubs are getting their battle plan together so they can use surveillance to prove voting irregularities to a court's standard. The dems hve probably already written the briefs for legal action :w00t:

I have a feeling that surveillance would show both parties up to no good, so that probably will not happen.

I have a feeling that surveillance would show both parties up to no good, so that probably will not happen.

Agreed. I'm fairly positive this is the precise reason McCain never brought it up. Lest the Republicans "Dirty Tricks" be also exposed to the light.

Of course there was fraud in the 08 election. Hell, I was witness to it, reported it and nothing at all was done. Not everywhere uses electronic voting machines, some still use a paper ballot. This is not to say that the voting machines cannot be tampered with, they easily can. Will there be fraud in the upcoming election? Of course there will be on both sides just like there is in every predidential election dating back forever.

Mike

Oh yeah. 2004 Election - lawyers from both sides hovered in our offices just waiting to see who was doing what.

Nightmare.

Nibs

I really hate to point this out but the popular election doesn't count a single iota. The election is determined by the Electoral College.....which in point of fact is not required to go by the results of any popular vote. Not to mention Big O was one of the biggest electoral winners in history.

So stuff those puppy's full, they mean exactly zip as far as an election goes.

Oh yeah. 2004 Election - lawyers from both sides hovered in our offices just waiting to see who was doing what.

Nightmare.

Nibs

Yes, but imagine what kind of shenanigans would be going on if no one even bothered to look. I'm sure there ARE illegal or at least questionable tactics used by both sides but I hope we can at least keep thugs away from in front of polling stations this time round :innocent:

I really hate to point this out but the popular election doesn't count a single iota. The election is determined by the Electoral College.....which in point of fact is not required to go by the results of any popular vote. Not to mention Big O was one of the biggest electoral winners in history.

So stuff those puppy's full, they mean exactly zip as far as an election goes.

When was the last time that most, or even many, of the States electors voted contrary to the election result tallies in the election?

I understand that they MAY, by law, do so. But when recently have they? And 2000 was so close as to be an aberration so please don't reopen that wound. I think it may haunt the nation again this year if Oby is close but no cigar. He'd spend a year litigating if he had to.

Yes, but imagine what kind of shenanigans would be going on if no one even bothered to look. I'm sure there ARE illegal or at least questionable tactics used by both sides but I hope we can at least keep thugs away from in front of polling stations this time round :innocent:

Well, there are a lot of people who are paid to make sure none of the shenanigans make it through. Many many checks and balances.

Nibs

Why do I have the distinct feeling that this is less about 2008 and more about finding a preemptive excuse for loosing 2012?

It was done for Bushs re election too.The entire system is a corrupt joke.

It's happening to Ron Paul right now.

I don't know about the nomination process being corrupt...its run by the parties.

I do know that most election officials, election employees and judges/workers are NOT corrupt.

Nibs

It was done for Bushs re election too.The entire system is a corrupt joke.

It's happening to Ron Paul right now.

lol 99% of the population on this planet is corrupt .

everyone needs money .and everything is about money :P

no money no talk .

republic or democracy .

they all have the same goals .

but different ways .

example =

democracy = wait lets talk first. i wanna be nice. i give you some time to do what i tell you . dont wanna listen? alright sanctions for that country . they ll starve to death. (north korea , iran )and many more.

republic = dont wanna listen ? pull the trigger. dont mess with me. send the army. ( iraq, and many more )

goal = ownage . but that is a different story hehehehe ..

back to topic . = one cannot reach the top without spending money ! manipulated , corrupt or not corrupt? . it doesnt matters. .. who wins. ...in my eyes they are all the same .

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Seeing as Obama took Ohio with a 4.6% margin and Pennsylvania with a 10.3% margin, that'd be a whole lotta stuffing. Also something of a waste of effort, considering he got 95 more electoral votes than he needed.

Edited by Startraveler

I'm convinced that McCain never really wanted elected. Why else would he have chosen Palin, yaa'll?

I'm convinced that McCain never really wanted elected. Why else would he have chosen Palin, yaa'll?

Yeah, that was a really strange move. Although, I am not sure if it was him or his party that made that choice.

Yeah, that was a really strange move. Although, I am not sure if it was him or his party that made that choice.

They panicked seeing the popular momentum Obama got and they picked somebody to enhance the optics. The average brain content of the team was also reduced by 60% in doing so... the results are known.

Like the Rethugs are so innocent with their voter id laws which is to disenfranchise voters because they cant win an election fairly so they have to resort to shady tactics.

What is so evil about showing a photo ID to prove you are who you say you are ?

You need a photo ID for alot of things in life. Something as important as deciding our country's president should be one of them.

• Like 1

What is so evil about showing a photo ID to prove you are who you say you are ?

You need a photo ID for alot of things in life. Something as important as deciding our country's president should be one of them.

It cannot cost an individual anything to vote. State picture ID's cost money. Disenfranchises the poor and indigent.

Nibs