Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How To Prove You’ve Been Abducted by Aliens

Still Waters

The hard part is If one was abducted telling and proveing it without looking a fool. Unless one had physicial proof, items of unworldly history,our maybe a cyborg implant that defryies all of our science,and you can zip around the planet with a signal bound . Then maybe then you can prove that you were abducted. Maybe?

Dont be Dissin 50 year old Peep`s !

Not I, I am only 5 years away from there! The blink of an eye!

Gidday Mate

I see your point, I however did not interpret his article in the same way..I guess thats what it boils down to.

Again I see what you are saying although I dont think that his example of chinese whispers related to cases but more ot individual accounts, hence why I didnt think the analogy used made any sense. Eye witness accounts are first hand, cases like BOLA rely on many aspects and would be prone to chinese whispers. And as you rightly say this does indeed work both ways.

All I can put it all dow to is the wide range of the field. It is impossible to cover in one page, and perhaps that is where Mr DeGrasse Tyson fell apart. I have the utmost respect for the chap, everything I have seen him involved with in the past is quite an impressive record.

I am starting to wonder if the fault is not that of the author, the article is wide ranging, perhaps the author decided to pick up on the abduction angle of the article and run with that? Maybe he thought it would attract more attention?

What if a handful are true and these are all the ones that claim to be paralysed, how would it be possible to pick anything up? I think we both agree that a hoax seems likely in Travis case as there are too many holes/loose ends. I would rather cite Pascagoula case as the most authentic I have read about, again this includes a paralysed state rendering picking up anything impossible.

The Pascagoula case does not do a lot for me, I see not so many holes, but a couple of pretty big ones. What about Parkers later 20 year later return visit? He could have swiped pocketfuls during that encounter. Betty and Barney could have swiped something, same with the Reed Abduction, in the Allegash abduction two of the three sat by whilst the third was examined, and yet again with the Wolski claim. Actually mate, you make me think, look at this list organised by date. Paralysis seems to have come in vogue in the early eighties?

I'll bet it's that bloody Stanton Friedman again! Roswell aliens just not enough of a legacy............ :lol:

LINK

depends on who his audience actually was, I still think it was stating a basic obvious scenario and using this to make an underlying point that astronomers do not really see UFO's.

I just figure that being a Gizmodo article, that is was definitely aimed at the layman. If I saw something like that in Sunlite or something, then I would wonder. He is more making out that the majority of people who look up as a habit see the least, in fact very little percentage-wise. Some astronomers have made some strange observations, but that's about the extent of it. Come to think of it, I do not know of an astronomer abduction case, out of interrest do you know of any?

It adresses the fact that people say these things are all over the sky based on the astronomical amount of claims, yet the people who really do look do not see so much, so it indicates that many claims are likely to be natural phenomena, but I think more factors than that one observation support that notion. It is attacking the frequency claims I thought, and making a basic obvious to the layman. I come of as arrogant sometimes when it really is honestly not my intention at all, it could be a similar thing, public speaking is a real skill.

looks interesting will get back to you this.

:tu:

I'm surprised nobody posted the video of Dr. Tyson's little spiel.

I liked it, a lot of things he said made sense however I think the 'grabbing the ashtray' bit was just Dr. Tyson being flippant. He is basically just asking for more substantial evidence than a story of abduction, a reasonable request in my opinion.

• Like 1

Gidday Mate

All I can put it all dow to is the wide range of the field. It is impossible to cover in one page, and perhaps that is where Mr DeGrasse Tyson fell apart. I have the utmost respect for the chap, everything I have seen him involved with in the past is quite an impressive record.

I am starting to wonder if the fault is not that of the author, the article is wide ranging, perhaps the author decided to pick up on the abduction angle of the article and run with that? Maybe he thought it would attract more attention?

who knows....although your comments about Tyson seem to be the norm, i.e he knows what he is talking about (I hope thats not becasue he sticks to saying the obvious :) )

The Pascagoula case does not do a lot for me, I see not so many holes, but a couple of pretty big ones. What about Parkers later 20 year later return visit? He could have swiped pocketfuls during that encounter. Betty and Barney could have swiped something, same with the Reed Abduction, in the Allegash abduction two of the three sat by whilst the third was examined, and yet again with the Wolski claim. Actually mate, you make me think, look at this list organised by date. Paralysis seems to have come in vogue in the early eighties?

I'll bet it's that bloody Stanton Friedman again! Roswell aliens just not enough of a legacy............ :lol:

LINK

Hmm, I would be interested in what those big holes are???

also as for it starting in the 80's...this doesnt seem correct...I mean Pascagoula alone was in 1973 ?? not sure what you meant with this???

I just figure that being a Gizmodo article, that is was definitely aimed at the layman. If I saw something like that in Sunlite or something, then I would wonder. He is more making out that the majority of people who look up as a habit see the least, in fact very little percentage-wise. Some astronomers have made some strange observations, but that's about the extent of it. Come to think of it, I do not know of an astronomer abduction case, out of interrest do you know of any?

It adresses the fact that people say these things are all over the sky based on the astronomical amount of claims, yet the people who really do look do not see so much, so it indicates that many claims are likely to be natural phenomena, but I think more factors than that one observation support that notion. It is attacking the frequency claims I thought, and making a basic obvious to the layman. I come of as arrogant sometimes when it really is honestly not my intention at all, it could be a similar thing, public speaking is a real skill.

:tu:

I dont know of any astronomers being abducted, but thats not to say they havent been? even those claims to date dont always cover occupations/or hobbies so it could easily be excluded.

Having said that, even if you are to say none have I dont find this strange as the % of poulation abducted would still not render it likely that an 'astronomer' has been avoided as mathematically this is not strange.

who knows....although your comments about Tyson seem to be the norm, i.e he knows what he is talking about (I hope thats not becasue he sticks to saying the obvious :) )

Ohh, most definitely not, check this list out from Wikipedia:

Selected awards and honors

[edit]Awards

[edit]Selected honorary doctorates

[edit]Honors

• 2000 Sexiest Astrophysicist Alive, People Magazine[44]
  • 2001 asteroid named: 13123 Tyson, renamed from Asteroid 1994KA by the International Astronomical Union
  • 2001 The Tech 100, voted by editors of Crain's Magazine to be among the 100 most influential technology leaders in New York
  • 2004 Fifty Most Important African-Americans in Research Science[45]
  • 2007 Harvard 100: Most Influential Harvard Alumni Magazine, Cambridge. Massachusetts
  • 2007 The Time 100, voted by the editors of Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world[46]
  • 2008 Discover Magazine selected him one of the "50 Best Brains in Science".[47]

LINK

I am going to pass on Sexiest astrophysicist. I have to say I cannot see him in that way not matter how good his brain is and I cannot see there being enough Whiskey in the world to get me to that party.

Hmm, I would be interested in what those big holes are???

also as for it starting in the 80's...this doesnt seem correct...I mean Pascagoula alone was in 1973 ?? not sure what you meant with this???

Probably best to revive the old thread, but the camera in the shipyard is a massive hole to me. Also, Hickson was drunk when picked up, Parker admitted to fabricating at least part of the tale, and he refused to sit the polygraph.

There will be the odd example to get the ball rolling, it just seemed to me that the ones after 1980 seem to largely depict paralysis, and the ones before depicted moving around the craft. I admit it is not that not a single case of paralysis was mentioned before the 80's but it seems to have notably increased as an average since.

I dont know of any astronomers being abducted, but thats not to say they havent been? even those claims to date dont always cover occupations/or hobbies so it could easily be excluded.

Having said that, even if you are to say none have I dont find this strange as the % of poulation abducted would still not render it likely that an 'astronomer' has been avoided as mathematically this is not strange.

Until one comes forth, to my mind that means one has not been. I find it strange as people seem to be abducted after noting a craft, which them hunts them down (fairly average component would you agree?) yet astronomers observe all the time, so why would they not see more craft and they would certainly be a larger contingent for being "spotted" so to speak which does not ever seem to result in an abduction.

In any case, it was more an interesting observation rather than any sort of hypothesis, overall I think that deGrasse Tyson was simply trying to reach a wide audience. As before, I would agree his comments would be strange in a publication like Sunlite, but not in Gizmodo.

Maybe they think telescopes are even bigger probes! LOL.

Ohh, most definitely not, check this list out from Wikipedia:

I am going to pass on Sexiest astrophysicist. I have to say I cannot see him in that way not matter how good his brain is and I cannot see there being enough Whiskey in the world to get me to that party.

My comment about him stating the obvious was quite tongue in cheek, but thanks for the list anyway. lol at whiskey comment.

Probably best to revive the old thread, but the camera in the shipyard is a massive hole to me. Also, Hickson was drunk when picked up, Parker admitted to fabricating at least part of the tale, and he refused to sit the polygraph.

There will be the odd example to get the ball rolling, it just seemed to me that the ones after 1980 seem to largely depict paralysis, and the ones before depicted moving around the craft. I admit it is not that not a single case of paralysis was mentioned before the 80's but it seems to have notably increased as an average since.

ok will respond over there.....

Until one comes forth, to my mind that means one has not been. I find it strange as people seem to be abducted after noting a craft, which them hunts them down (fairly average component would you agree?) yet astronomers observe all the time, so why would they not see more craft and they would certainly be a larger contingent for being "spotted" so to speak which does not ever seem to result in an abduction.

In any case, it was more an interesting observation rather than any sort of hypothesis, overall I think that deGrasse Tyson was simply trying to reach a wide audience. As before, I would agree his comments would be strange in a publication like Sunlite, but not in Gizmodo.

ok

Maybe they think telescopes are even bigger probes! LOL.

brilliant :w00t:

We shall all bee in trouble When E.T Lands and ask us for a Date with our really Large Tele`s ! How to tell E.T that its just for fun ,and we use them to spy on the universe.

We better have a plan -B .