Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man sells testicular implants for dogs

Still Waters

Gregg Miller says he's well aware that his business selling testicular implants for dogs invites just as many jokes as it does clients. That's because Miller's job is creating artificial dog testicles for canines that have been neutered.

"Dogs aren't stupid," he tells Business Week."They would know if their eye was gouged out, or their foot was cut off. Why wouldn't they know if their testicles are now missing?"

But laugh all you want, Miller, 59, says his business has become a big success.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I've heard that people have implants put in dogs they enter in dog shows.

Its a dumb idea. A lot of animal activists are against it .

That's just nuts! :w00t:

But seriously, who are we to judge that a dog doesn't deserve a fresh pair. Although they should evolve to the point of figuring it out how to do it themselves first, I'm not sure if the dog would be making an informed decision (unless it is our fault that thy lose their nads, then maybe we should replace them).

Edit: Spelling. (Which led me to learn the definition of the word 'wold'): A piece of high, open, uncultivated land or moor.

Edited by Timonthy

My male dog was snipped at 5 months old. He has (obviously) never been bred and most likely has absolutely no idea what-so-ever that anything is *missing*. He cares about food, squirrels, tennis balls and frisbees, talking walks, and his fellow pack members (me and my spayed female). I sincerely doubt he's yearning for a pair of fake nads. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

That's just nuts! :w00t:

But seriously, who are we to judge that a dog doesn't deserve a fresh pair. Although they should evolve to the point of figuring it out how to do it themselves first, I'm not sure if the dog would be making an informed decision (unless it is our fault that thy lose their nads, then maybe we should replace them).

Edit: Spelling. (Which led me to learn the definition of the word 'wold'): A piece of high, open, uncultivated land or moor.

As in The Cotswolds (UK). A piece of high, open, and used to be uncultivated land or moor. :) Beautiful part of the country actually.

I'm sure if a dog had his testicles removed early enough (which is usually recommended) he wouldn't notice a difference.

I've heard that people have implants put in dogs they enter in dog shows.

It's not unusual for dogs with one testicle to have an implant for the show ring (cheating) a judge i know told me of a competitor who had an implant on a 18 month old dog it had been entered into a show he was judging when he felt between it's legs he found it to have three testicles, it's other testicle wasn't missing it just hadn't yet dropped he said from behind it looked like a pawn brokers sign.

• Like 1

It's not unusual for dogs with one testicle to have an implant for the show ring (cheating) a judge i know told me of a competitor who had an implant on a 18 month old dog it had been entered into a show he was judging when he felt between it's legs he found it to have three testicles, it's other testicle wasn't missing it just hadn't yet dropped he said from behind it looked like a pawn brokers sign.

:w00t: I once was scanning a guy with MRI and he had three. Never made the connection to the pawnbroker's sign though.

That's quite an image!

Correct me if im wrong but when a dog gets fixed up dont they just block the ducts and not remove them? My cat is fixed but he still has them.

Correct me if im wrong but when a dog gets fixed up dont they just block the ducts and not remove them? My cat is fixed but he still has them.

Uh...no. When neutering both dogs and cats the testes are removed. It's not like a vasectomy where the tubes (vas defrens) are cut. What you might be seeing is the scrotom (sack). If your cat definitely has testicles then he's not "fixed".

Uh...no. When neutering both dogs and cats the testes are removed. It's not like a vasectomy where the tubes (vas defrens) are cut. What you might be seeing is the scrotom (sack). If your cat definitely has testicles then he's not "fixed".

Haha oops, well they looked like they were there. But now just looking at a photo of him when he was younger and smaller i can definitely say they are gone. :w00t:

Edited by DKO

My male dog was snipped at 5 months old. He has (obviously) never been bred and most likely has absolutely no idea what-so-ever that anything is *missing*. He cares about food, squirrels, tennis balls and frisbees, talking walks, and his fellow pack members (me and my spayed female). I sincerely doubt he's yearning for a pair of fake nads. :rolleyes:

He's focused on the more important things in life!!

Maybe more men (It is a man thing.) will get their dogs neutered. I have talk to many men who don't want to do it, because they anthropomorphizing their animals sex habits.

• Like 1

im against dogs having there testes chopped off, its mutilating an animal. if you dont want your dog to have puppies, keep a watchful eye on it.

chopping off doggies nuts isnt a very nice thing to do. it makes me sick.

It makes me sicker to see hundreds of starving, sick dogs who will have no real life except more of the same. Dogs don't get as emotionally attached as guys do to the family jewels.

• Like 2

People would do anything for money. And as stupid as it may sound for some (like me) we can be sure many people will allegedly pay for it and think it's a revolutionary thing. Just like that woman on Judge Judy who sued a girl for cutting her dog's hair too short. She was crying and said her dog is not ruined for life. What a joke.

"Dogs aren't stupid."

Is that so? Come on, they aren't and I guess they will know their nuts have been extracted but quite frankly, I think they might just forget about it after a while and not care.

I really love dogs but paying for such a think is just stupid in my opinion. The operation itself must be quite expensive on top on the implants.

Maybe more men (It is a man thing.) will get their dogs neutered. I have talk to many men who don't want to do it, because they anthropomorphizing their animals sex habits.

Absolutely correct. Dogs are animals, not small furry humans. Intact male dogs are hormonally driven to seek out females in heat. Intact male dogs will fight among one another and are generally far more aggressive than their neutered counterparts. When pets become aggressive and unmanagable what do you think frequently happens to them then? Hint: they are put down. Not even to mention the multitudes of unwanted litters that are simply destroyed because no one wants them.

Unless one happens to have pure-bred dog, or a working dog that is useful as a stud then the thing to do is to have your pet neutered or spayed.

I will say this. It takes balls to start a buisiness like this.

I will say this. It takes balls to start a buisiness like this.

"He who would pun would pick a pocket" :w00t:

"He who would pun would pick a pocket" :w00t:

LOL and well it does,LOL

Armchair Educated,I'd rather have my cat/dog spayed and or neutered to prevent over population. Animal shelters are filling up by the minute and because of pet owners not getting there cat/dog spayed or neutered they have no choice but to euthanize them due to having no space in the shelters.