Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hiroshima Radiation

MetallicBlood

Today I was watching something from this movie that depicted the dropping of Little Boy on Hiroshima, and it showed the victims of the blast having thier eyes fall out of their sockets as they were burned .... I know that the atomic bomb did some seriously horrible things to the victims but would the blast really make your eyes fall out? I know it's pretty morbid to think about but its been on my mind all day...

Heres the clip from the movie: WARNING THIS IS GRAPHIC! so DON'T watch if you are squeamish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJZ6nwxD38

The video claims that it's "historically accurate" but I'm not sure if this really is accurate or just exaggerated for dramatic effect. I did find some photos of burn victims and survivors from Hiroshima as well as Chernobyl but I can't post them here because you know why. Sometimes morbid curiosity gets the best of me...

Just for dramatic effect. The globes could have been popped out by changes in pressure from the blast wave but it would have been the least of their worries. I think what the artist was trying to depict is the effect of the intense heat and other radiation that literally vaporized thousands of people. We tend to think of a human body as a very solid and substantial mass but large amounts of energy can dissolve us pretty efficiently. Look at the many instances where there are little or no recognizable remains after an airplane crash.

I unfortunately,know a lot about this topic.

It wasn't the radiation,but the impact of the bomb that did this to the bodies of the living.

The epicenter of the bomb,was not at ground level,but in the air,probably about 1000 feet about th land.It spread out over miles,after the bomb exploded.

Things,right under the epicenter,took a huge amount of the impact.I dont think anything living ,within a half a mile radius,survived.

People beyond the half mile ,experienced other things.

Here ,you can see kimono patterns,burned into womens skin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibakusha

Bomb survivors in Japan,are called The Hibakusha.They have a book about their health,that follows them ,throughout their life.People today,who are born in Nagasaki and Hiroshima,can be born with bomb disease,and people who are descendants of the original Hibakusha,can be born with bomb disease.

So even now,almost 70 years after these incidents,the damage to the land and DNA,still lives on.

I have been to the peace museum in Hiroshima,and it was a very difficult experience. I know that during the war,Germany and Japan,did some heinous things,that were condemned,and in response,allied forces ,paid them back ,by attacking innocent civilians.

I do not agree with what we did,no matter what those countries did,in the name of war.

Japan,still suffers for it,today.People from Nagasaki and Hiroshima ,have a much harder time getting married,because no one wants a possible carrier of bomb disease,as a mate.

In Hiroshima,every,maybe 15th person,has a birth defect.Seriously .They have keloids,or are in wheelchairs.A lot.

You would think the world would take a hint from all that Hiroshima has endured,but they are only interested in their own self serving interests.

The mayor of Hiroshima,sends a letter,to every president,any and every time,they conduct a nuclear bomb test.Protesting and warning,of what nuclear bombs truely do to the land.

Every time.No one listens.The most letters,he ever sent,to one administration,was the last Bush administration .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

The thing is, yes, they were true. And it happened to people the most located near the epicentre, not because of the nuclear explosion as such, but the effect of the bomb. When you build up a lot of pressure on your face, it is likely that the eye ball propos out.

Perhaps, it would make the picture clear if you understand that closing your mouth and nostrills when you sneeze might result in your eyeballs proping out. While it is not advisable to do so, I just gave this exampole to illustrate that not much force is required for this. Now campare the amount of force exerted and pressure felt when a nuclear warhead drops just behind your house in the yard?

Ah yes, Barefoot Gene. One of my favourite films in the "Movies that make me want to drink myself to death (in a good way)" genre.

To the tune of this thread, does anyone know if the Hiroshima shadows ring any truth? The myth that the radiation burnt silhouettes of people caught in the explosion? What would have caused that?

I think the "shadows" are basically what was left of their organic matter.Given the temperatures,they literally liquefied,and combined chemically ,wherever the liquid landed.Same way a meteorite combines with matter when it hits the earth.Once th ground cooled,it became solid again ,and possibly a completely different compound,so impossible to test for DNA etc.

So the mark remains,but is no longer one or the other .

Just my thought on it.

Ah yes, Barefoot Gene. One of my favourite films in the "Movies that make me want to drink myself to death (in a good way)" genre.

To the tune of this thread, does anyone know if the Hiroshima shadows ring any truth? The myth that the radiation burnt silhouettes of people caught in the explosion? What would have caused that?

The radiant energy in the form of light actually etched the surface of the concrete. Where there was a mass of some kind that stopped some of the intensity of the light, this effect was diminished, resulting in a "shadow". It's similar to how an x-ray picture is formed. Very dense structures like bone stop (attenuate) more of the x-rays and because fewer reach the film, the shadows on the film beneath the bone are whiter than the rest. Those shadows are the most sobering images of the destruction..they make the event human in a way that even the injuries can't.

Every time.No one listens.The most letters,he ever sent,to one administration,was the last Bush administration .

Just to clarify - you mean the George H.W. Bush, correct?

The last US nuclear weapons test was in September 1992.

So perhaps someone has been listening?

Depleted Uranium rounds might cut through a tank like butter, but they also cause birth defects.

Edited by sktm06

Depleted Uranium rounds might cut through a tank like butter, but they also cause birth defects.

So does lead when breathed as a dust or particulate. DM is about as radioactive also..... It's hazardous but not due to active emissions. Hence the "depleted" in the name.

What does that have to do with Hiroshima?

If you'd like to start a new thread, I'd be interested in seeing your evidence that DU rounds cause birth defects.

Edited by Rafterman

1992 ?

The last time I went to the Peace Museum,was 2004 ? And they post copies,of every letter,on poles in the museum.I counted,there were about 4 to the Clinton admin,a bunch to India,and then about half a dozen to the sitting Bush admin.Thats why I said that.I saw copies ,with dates,of all the letter the mayor sent.

He sent them in both language of the country in question,and Japanese.According to the records at the museum itself,the USA has done nuclear testing,in some capacity,long after 1992.

I believe there is a different mayor in office in Hiroshima now,but here,I found some copies of letters from 2004 .

http://www.opendemocracy.net/conflict-witnessconflict/article_2506.jsp

Edited by Simbi Laveau

1992 ?

The last time I went to the Peace Museum,was 2004 ? And they post copies,of every letter,on poles in the museum.I counted,there were about 4 to the Clinton admin,a bunch to India,and then about half a dozen to the sitting Bush admin.Thats why I said that.I saw copies ,with dates,of all the letter the mayor sent.

He sent them in both language of the country in question,and Japanese.According to the records at the museum itself,the USA has done nuclear testing,in some capacity,long after 1992.

I believe there is a different mayor in office in Hiroshima now,but here,I found some copies of letters from 2004 .

http://www.opendemoc...rticle_2506.jsp

Well then he must have been writing about nuclear weapons in general because, as I said, the last US atomic weapons test was in 1992.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_weapons_tests_of_the_United_States

I think the "shadows" are basically what was left of their organic matter.Given the temperatures,they literally liquefied,and combined chemically ,wherever the liquid landed.Same way a meteorite combines with matter when it hits the earth.Once th ground cooled,it became solid again ,and possibly a completely different compound,so impossible to test for DNA etc.

So the mark remains,but is no longer one or the other .

Just my thought on it.

Did you just make this up or did you read it somewhere?

I think it's any and all nuclear or atomic testing,because there were a lot of letters.Recent ones.Theyre all on brass plates,on this giant pole,at the end of the peace museum tour.

They earliest ones start at the top,the recent ones ,as you come down .

It looks like since he left office,the letters have stopped being generated ,as well.

There's still a big celebration there,every year,on the anniversary.

Its very interesting in general.The shell of the dome building,is held up by scaffolding,making it look as if it's a building ,under construction.

All the information about Sadako,and the cranes.The USA recently gave them intelligence photos,never before seen.Also,we had also planned to bomb Kyoto as well.

War is hell.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

War is hell.

And while we could argue the decision until we're blue in the face, that point is certainly true.

I did not realize that the radiation from the atomic bombs are still affecting the Japanese people on a genetic level. That is just cataclysmic power that nuclear weapons possess.

At the end of the day, thousands of men women & children died from bombs dropping.

6 million jews, gypsies, mentally ill men women & children also died in the concentration canps.

Millions of soldiers allied & axis died on the battlefields, in the air & at sea.

The dropping of that bomb brought an end to the Japanese campaign.

Remember, the Japanese would willingly sacrifice. themselves during kamikaze ( divine wind ) attacks.

They would not have surrendered had the bomb not been dropped.

Many more troops would have died had the Japanese continued to wage war.

The bomb was not dropped lightly.

Attempts were made to allow the Japanese to surrender in an honorouble way.

They were never going to surrender.

It was a neccesary event.

I dont believe at the time the bomb was used, all these after affects were known about.

The crew who dropped the bomb were following orders & carried out their duty, as they were expected to.

War really is hell.

Yet even now, war still rages on.

Perhaps it really is our destiny to destroy ourselves