Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silver disk UFO sighted over Nova Scotia

A witness has described a silver disk-shaped object in the skies over Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.

A Halifax witness reports seeing a silent white or silvery disk shaped object on 22 March 2012 according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/ufo_extraterrestrials/2012/04/28/3852.html

• Like 1

Interesting sighting. Assuming the description provided is accurate, I wonder what it could have been?

I am curious as to what this could have been, as well. It would have been very interesting to see this craft, as I live in Halifax (right across the bridge from Dartmouth).

:tu: Very interesting to see reports on this site from an area so close to me.

Edited by Alienated Being

I'm in the Canadian Forces in the Air Force. I talked to a few buddies up that way in Shearwater, as far as they know they had nothing up that resembles that, and as far as I know we have no disc like or hover-craft that can go that high.

Unless it was some civvy project (there are several universities in Halifax, as well as colleges) than it remains a UFO.

If this really happened wouldn't more than one person have seen it?

Just because an individual witnessed the same craft, that doesn't indicate that they would have reported it. I've witnessed a few unidentified crafts in my life, but have never felt the need to report them. I just reassure myself that it is probably related to the military in some way, and that they will take care of it.

Edited by Alienated Being

*sigh* I think this is just another hoax to get famous with. . .

*sigh* I think this is just another hoax to get famous with. . .

Really? What's his name? smiley-rolleyes008.gif

Are these canned responses available at the click of a button somewhere I don't know about?

Are these canned responses available at the click of a button somewhere I don't know about?

People have their own opinions and have the right to say what they feel.

If you believe its aliens, great! Others believe other things....See how that works?

Sweetpumper were just going to have to go to Du-Canada and drive to the Halifax area the first round is on me ! ANd we will get to the bottom off this report ! Maybe we can start a new UFO sighting team ! "UFO/NEWBAR Hunters"

People have their own opinions and have the right to say what they feel.

If you believe its aliens, great! Others believe other things....See how that works?

Explain to me how this guy is going to get famous without anyone knowing who he is.

Explain to me how this guy is going to get famous without anyone knowing who he is.

No clue. But the poster had the right to say what they thought.

See my previous statement.

Edited by Jeffertonturner

No one said he didn't. Your post had nothing to do with the question I asked him, the one you have no clue about.

Edited by Sweetpumper

Given the many government controlled aircraft flown in our skies in this day and age, most of which don't look like what most people consider conventional aircraft, I am usually weary of simple "eye witness" reports. It could have been one of the many drones flying around, which come in all different shapes and sizes these days, which can easily cause someone's imagination to run wild thinking they are looking at an alien aircraft.

And then there's the fact that nearly every hand held device we carry has a camera of some sort, and no pics were taken? That also makes me skeptical.

I've had many sightings that have not been reported, usually in the company of witnesses. The most significant do not display characteristics that our physics will allow for. My cell phone does not have a camera, if I am even bothering to carry it with me. Fame of this nature carries a high price, considering the stigma that is attached to UFO sightings, in spite of the preponderance of evidence from around the world, presented in modern form over many decades now. We try to dismiss them because we don't yet comprehend the science involved, and prefer to live in fear for some strange reason.

It doesn't matter if we don't know who he is or not, what matters is if the poeple around him knows who he is. O.k., you have no idea who I am correct? So lets say that I reported a sighting to the media, but didn't give them my name. My friends could point me out in a second, and the reputation would spread. Either if it was a good reputation, or a bad one. See? there are many ways of getting famous than just stating a name. Besides, who said that no one, not a single person, knows who he is? could you show me where it says that no one knows who he is?

Edited by catfishyeah

It doesn't matter if we don't know who he is or not, what matters is if the poeple around him knows who he is. O.k., you have no idea who I am correct? So lets say that I reported a sighting to the media, but didn't give them my name. My friends could point me out in a second, and the reputation would spread. Either if it was a good reputation, or a bad one. See? there are many ways of getting famous than just stating a name. Besides, who said that no one, not a single person, knows who he is? could you show me where it says that no one knows who he is?

you are asking for him to prove a negative, surely its easier to show someone who knows who he is :)

you are asking for him to prove a negative, surely its easier to show someone who knows who he is :)

My point exactly. He stated that no one knew who he was, there is no exact words saying that no one knew the guy. All i'm saying is that just because the article didn't state a name doesn't mean that the guy can't get famous.

Have you ever heard of the zodiac killer?

Do you know who he actually is or was?

Sure. What benefits is he reaping? A little snicker to himself because another book has been written?

Zodiac wanted you to know who he was eventually, but he's now most likely dead.

Edited by Sweetpumper

Uh...a person can see something unusual and have no desire for public attention/fame. Serial killers really aren't comparable to someone who simply witnesses an odd phenomenon as they (the killer) is an active participant in a situation of their own making. Psychologically two very different things going on there.

• Like 1