Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] London rooftops to carry missiles

Still Waters

http://www.guardian....s-olympic-games

it's sad how England is the next to fall so heavily in the terrorism hype.

They're already so close to being the next America.

Bush simply coined the term...the majority of Europe has been fighting the battle years before the US got involved.

Why would you wait until it gets over the stadium?

There are thousands of people milling around for miles...not just in the stadium. Not to mention the people that are living and working in the vicinity.

There are thousands of people milling around for miles...not just in the stadium. Not to mention the people that are living and working in the vicinity.

Yeah, so why wait till then....you been to stratford? you're on the East side, if you want any chance of flying something and hitting anywhere near the olympics you'll be coming from Essex or North Kent. It's to populated north of London to get something up and down again before being shot down, the fields of essex would be your best bet.........anything coming from further afield won't get anywhere near East London...

An aircraft crashing into a stadium of over 80,000 people is going to kill a lot more people than a plane being shot to smythereens over even a heavily-urbanised area would do. Falling plane wreckage will not kill anywhere near as many as 80,000 people.

I hope that if a plane is heading towards the Olympic Stadium to be crashed into it that it is shot down before it gets anywhere near it.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Yeah, so why wait till then....you been to stratford? you're on the East side, if you want any chance of flying something and hitting anywhere near the olympics you'll be coming from Essex or North Kent. It's to populated north of London to get something up and down again before being shot down, the fields of essex would be your best bet.........anything coming from further afield won't get anywhere near East London...

Then why are they planting the weapons on rooftops so closely around the Olympic Park? Wouldn't it better serve them to be placed farther away so there would be less damage before danger was anywhere near it?

An aircraft crashing into a stadium of over 80,000 people is going to kill a lot more people than a plane being shot to smythereens over even a heavily-urbanised area would do. Falling plane wreckage will not kill anywhere near as many as 80,000 people.

I really don't think this is intended for commercial planes being used as weapons....I think they must have other intelligence pointing at smaller and easier to launch craft/choppers from neighbouring areas.

Any commercial flight deviating from a flight route won't get that far......imo.

Then why are they planting the weapons on rooftops so closely around the Olympic Park? Wouldn't it better serve them to be placed farther away so there would be less damage before danger was anywhere near it?

Not really, from stratford you're probably only around 6 miles as the crow flies from Barking in Essex.....if you put those launchers further east you won't have the vantage points the high rises give you, and south of the river is completely unwatched..

Also, you got London City Airport, with all it's small business flights, that's only a couple of miles from the Blackwall Tunnel if you want an idea of scale.....that'll need to be watched very carefully..

Edited by The Sky Scanner

Not really, from stratford you're probably only around 6 miles as the crow flies from Barking in Essex.....if you put those launchers further east you won't have the vantage points the high rises give you, and south of the river is completely unwatched..

Also, you got London City Airport, with all it's small business flights, that's only a couple of miles from the Blackwall Tunnel if you want an idea of scale.....that'll need to be watched very carefully..

You guys would know better than I....I was simply wondering about the logic in it being so close.

You guys would know better than I....I was simply wondering about the logic in it being so close.

As well as what The Sky Scanner mentions I would guess other areas (ways in) will already be covered (not necessarily by missiles, but by other means of defence as well) by a defence system that was already in place. These other defences would cover something coming into our air space from outside our borders. These missiles close to the Olympics would be more for an internal attack (quicker than scrambling fighter jets) as well as being a deterrent.

Edited by Junior Chubb

It's worse than that, Brian, seems you all have similar rules s we in the States. The military can only be deployed in a disaster and even then it's the State militia (national guard) so I read that the troops who can fire these missiles are being guarded by civilian police :gun:

Aye..is it any wonder i want to go and live in the south pole... :lol:

That's just the type of lunacy and bizareness we expect from you weird Lefties.

Yes, be very afraid LLG. All the 'Righties' should be scared silly, as they are.

Despite the fact that the best the "terrists" have to offer so far is flammable materials in their underwear and shoes, you are afraid that suddenly they are going to acquire attack jets piloted by camel jockeys.

Yes, by all means my rightie British Friend, embrace your inner coward and the Global War On Terror. Admire The Emperor's New Clothes! Truly they are splendid! :yes:

Yes, be very afraid LLG. All the 'Righties' should be scared silly, as they are.

Despite the fact that the best the "terrists" have to offer so far is flammable materials in their underwear and shoes, you are afraid that suddenly they are going to acquire attack jets piloted by camel jockeys.

Yes, by all means my rightie British Friend, embrace your inner coward and the Global War On Terror. Admire The Emperor's New Clothes! Truly they are splendid! :yes:

Hi Babe,

I was wondering if you saw my post earlier in this thread about terrorism in the UK in the 70's and 80's involving the IRA (long before the US war on terror). Being young at the time I just took things as I was told them. Do you have any notion that these attacks (that killed and maimed) may have had 'False Flag' intentions attached to them in any way?

Hi Junior

I think I did see that post of yours regarding IRA. Being of Irish extraction, formerly Catholic, and having read Trinity and numerous other books about the matter of Irish independence, IRA and such, I'm sympathetic to the notion of Irish independence.

That said, it is certainly a sticky wicket over there, and I do not pretend to have any sort of answer.

I am skeptical of the term 'terrorism', for I think it has reached a ridiculous level and is far over used, rather like 'reds' or 'anarchist' were used to bait the crowds 100 years ago.

Warfare, of the undeclared variety, is what happened in Ireland. Is warfare scary? Yes it is. Does it evoke fear in people not involved? Yes it does.

Are 'fear' and 'terror' synonyms? Yes they are.

Call it what you will, but men have been killing each other, separately or in groups, as long as they have been on the blood planet. :innocent:

No. You try to shoot it down before it gets anywhere near the Olympic Stadium.

Hard to do with missiles in place very near the events.

It's all theater, nothing more. Justification of the existence of the Security State Complex. The media and the public are duly impressed with the images.

Call it what you will, but men have been killing each other, separately or in groups, as long as they have been on the blood planet. :innocent:

That is certainly true.

Thanks for responding, I have asked a few people about the way modern day 'terrorism' is described/approached/used compared to these attacks of the eighties. We have more extreme opinions on more recent events, I think back then we just didn't have the means of discussion/information and misinformation that are available today.

• Like 1

Why must you be such a ******? Does it ever occur to you that it's even possible you might be wrong? You sound almost sorry that some of those "flammables" didn't work properly. I seem to recall evidence being found not so long ago of a plan by AQ to use very small, easily rented (in the US) planes to use for a little spraying mission. But not mosquito spray in the tanks. Not all deadly things come in large, explosive packages. And 3 "camel jockeys" killed 3000 Americans and brought economic peril to our nation. The sickening thing about libs like you is that you will be nowhere to be found the day after someone succeeds in killing large numbers of innocents in some world city. Or if you're heard from it will be to cast the blame on the very people who were trying to prevent it.

I'm wrong all the time AT. Like you, I make mistakes. I'm neither embarrassed nor ashamed of that.

That The Global War On Terror is used to terrorize people (make them afraid) is obvious, and anti-aircraft missles ringing London with major TV coverage is one example of that.

The GWOT is a tool by which ordinary people are kept in thrall, happy to see their rights and privileges taken by the government.

I would like to think I'm a bit more perceptive than some.

I'm wrong all the time AT. Like you, I make mistakes. I'm neither embarrassed nor ashamed of that.

That The Global War On Terror is used to terrorize people (make them afraid) is obvious, and anti-aircraft missles ringing London with major TV coverage is one example of that.

The GWOT is a tool by which ordinary people are kept in thrall, happy to see their rights and privileges taken by the government.

I would like to think I'm a bit more perceptive than some.

Perhaps you are more perceptive. Or maybe you only think you are in this instance. I'm absolutely sure there is some validity in what you say about the GWOT. But to assume, as you seem to, that there is NO threat is unreasonable and dangerous. The fact that no attempt has succeeded doesn't change the fact that attempts were made. The sad thing is that in both cases we seem to have been saved from catastrophe not by our defensive posture but by sheer providence.

And I think you underestimate the numbers of people who are well aware of how bad the Patriot act is. But it's just another example of the impotence the average citizen faces in our electoral system. To truly get back to the Constitution we would need to take up arms. And before we could fight the tyranny of government we'd have to fight the tyranny of our fellow citizens on the dole. I think they would fight to keep that check coming, don't you?

Actually AT, there is a way to get the government sorta kinda back under control WITHOUT resorting to violence.

It is the same method advocated by Jefferson way back when--the Jury Power.

As for (what you consider terrists) attacking us, the statistics show that the chances of a person being involved as a victim of such an attack are about the same as the chance of being struck by lightning.

You ready to give up your liberty and your neighbor's liberty on the off-chance that the government can protect you from being struck by lightning?

Actually AT, there is a way to get the government sorta kinda back under control WITHOUT resorting to violence.

It is the same method advocated by Jefferson way back when--the Jury Power.

As for (what you consider terrists) attacking us, the statistics show that the chances of a person being involved as a victim of such an attack are about the same as the chance of being struck by lightning.

You ready to give up your liberty and your neighbor's liberty on the off-chance that the government can protect you from being struck by lightning?

Not at all. I would MUCH rather take my chances with the Islamic nutjobs than the federal government nutjobs. You're preaching to the choir about the Patriot act syndrome. If my choice is to be blown up on an airplane versus being frisked then I'll take the frisking. But if I have to reveal every aspect of my life to some bureaucrat who hasn't got clue one about how to even do his job then hell no, I would rather die right in my hometown at the hands of some dimwitted religious hater. The patriot act itself was the first sign they were winning. It should be repealed immediately.

Glad to hear that.

The unpatriot act was not the first sign, but it certainly was a strong sign.