Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Daughter is Afraid of Her Father

The_Sensual_One

I can't seem to pick up anything in particular but can someone please help me with this. Any kind would do. I have 7 month old daughter that cries and tries to run away every time I walk into a room with her father. She does this quite a lot but I don't know why. My mother thought it was something else she was afraid of. I don't think we have a threat in this apartment but she is staring at her father each time she's afraid. Is there something wrong with her father? Is he possessed? Is it his energy/aura/negativity?

Have you tried to give your daughter to her father when she is crying? How much time do they spend together? Does she know him? My daughter cries (she's eight months) when she is around people she doesn't know. Maybe it's an unfamiliarity.

Does he have facial hair, glasses, or does she cry around other men?

It's pretty common for babies to be "creeped out" by males especially if they have facial hair or glasses.

• Like 1

Running at seven months old?

If you are holding an infant and they struggle against you holding them as they stare fixedly at someone, it means they want that person to hold them or pay attention to them. If they struggle against you and are starring at an object it means they want that object.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

It's pretty common for babies to be "creeped out" by males especially if they have facial hair or glasses

throw in a suit and it suddenly becomes a monster

..i still remember being scared by a santa when i was 5

• Like 3

For Me it was a clown when I was 4. Hated them ever since. But back to the post, I have a god-daughter that I am very close to and when she was at the 6-12 month stage Her father had lost his job and things were getting pretty hairy for the family. He was very stressed and depressed all the time during this period. I personally believe that babies pick up on that fairly easily. Because during this time she acted the same at the OP's baby. Every time he would approach her when he was in one of his moods she would go ballistic and then calm right down as soon as he left the room. A couple of months after he had found another job the two of them were the best of friends. I just through this out because I wonder if this could be same situation?

I can't seem to pick up anything in particular but can someone please help me with this. Any kind would do. I have 7 month old daughter that cries and tries to run away every time I walk into a room with her father. She does this quite a lot but I don't know why. My mother thought it was something else she was afraid of. I don't think we have a threat in this apartment but she is staring at her father each time she's afraid. Is there something wrong with her father? Is he possessed? Is it his energy/aura/negativity?

Children are much more sensitive than you ever realize. It's you feelingz... She is following your lead. I have seen this many times. I can even read it in your post. You should find a way to stop. It's not good for her.

Edited by Seeker79

• 2 months later...

I noticed that for some reason, some female babies fear masculine men in general and they're most used to being around females because that who usually cares after them, but this usually wears off by age two. Does she fear everyone masculine or just her father?

Also, could there be a possibility that she caught him doing something inappropriate?

To the OP, do you and your husband fight a lot, especially in visual, or auditory range of the child? Kids can stress out adults, especially newborns.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

At 7 months babies begin to recognize strangers and react with anxiety to them. Make sure that you spend time with her with her father present, just playing and socializing, so that she understands he is not a stranger and her mother is comfortable with him. Make sure he is in the floor at her level, since men are often bigger than women and babies find that intimidating. Like another poster said, anything that she is not accustomed to seeing on a face or head like glasses, beards, hats, will be strange and scary to her. Tell him to smile a lot and speak softly, especially if he has a deep voice. She is accustomed to female voices which are much higher pitched, and usually quieter.

her father is being possesed by a demon probably! the daughter could sense evil radiating from him and is being affected from him bad vibes! you should get a priest to preform exorcism right away! just pray and pray and pray! try drizziling him with holy water to flush out the demon! lol jk. yur daughter is probably nervous around her father cuz hes strange to her

Assuming the father sees as much of her, and holds her, as much as you do, there shouldnt be a problem of unfamiliarity. It is true that babies can be freaked out by unfamiliar people (As a bearded man with glasses i've had many babies burst into tears a the first sight of me, much to the amusement of my wife,) but a father, even if he looks like cat stevens with roy orbison glasses shouldn't scare a child who is familiar with him.

It might be a case of scent, if you both have strong and different perfumes/odours. Children are very sensitive to quite basic stimuli. 7 months is pretty young to be picking up on subtle cues, but if there is tension and anger, including raised voices, a child wil notice this. They can be scared by loud sounds. If your partner has a very deep or loud voice this might frighten a young child, but she should grow used to it.

I am assuming it is nothing obvious, on which you could easily pick up, yourself.

Hi Feelingz,

Since you are asking for help I'm going to be frank with you.

A short while ago you posted this status message

My baby's father is a very angry man. Why do I keep putting up with this! Everything keeps breaking around him. Now I can't close my laptop and have to buy new headphones. Great!

I may be making a leap however I really don't think so. I think that perhaps your baby is picking up unhealthy vibes of anger and possibly violence in your home.

I'm not telling you what to do, however help is available. Just take a good honest look at your situation. For your daughter's sake

• Like 2

Hi Feelingz,

Since you are asking for help I'm going to be frank with you.

A short while ago you posted this status message

My baby's father is a very angry man. Why do I keep putting up with this! Everything keeps breaking around him. Now I can't close my laptop and have to buy new headphones. Great!

I may be making a leap however I really don't think so. I think that perhaps your baby is picking up unhealthy vibes of anger and possibly violence in your home.

I'm not telling you what to do, however help is available. Just take a good honest look at your situation. For your daughter's sake

That's what I was going to say, It's clear he's an angry man and your baby knows it. she knows you're afraid.

That's what I was going to say, It's clear he's an angry man and your baby knows it. she knows you're afraid.

Looks like I was right, OP, leave this fool if he can't grow up and control himself. The child is the most important thing in both of your lives now, he also needs to realize that. What you do now, will drastically affect the child's future. Their brains are like a sponge, absorbing all information.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

I have similar experience around many kids, I would assume it is a matter of looks coupled with not spending time with the person. For example, a nephew of mine, I'm a good sized fellow with long hair and a full bread most of the time...lol...

However, after he spent three straight days around me he was smiling and hugging and such...So to me it's just the persons look coupled with lack of knowing them.