Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Da Vinci anatomical drawings go on display

Da Vinci made thousands of pages of notes and drawings on the human body during his lifetime.

The largest exhibition of Leonardo da Vinci's drawings of the human body goes on display in the Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-17907305

• Like 1

One of the darker moments of his life I would imagine. Where, under the cover of night, he was doing autopsies. Paying for dead bodies,e tc. Crazy when you think of it!

He was truely ahead of his time look at the things he invented.

Da Vinci wanted to better understand the human body and how it worked, but was also searching for the source of the soul while performing autopsies, something not too many people are aware of.

A brilliant, questioning mind for sure.

You are lucky to have such a show come to your country. I would love to see to that one. Shows like that are once in a life time. I wonder if it will come to the US.

I, too, wish this show would come to the USA...preferably to Boston (just because it's close to me).

I was friends with Da Vinci for awhile...

In Assassins Creed.

A job best done when sufferring from a heavy head cold and a blocked up nose. He achieved his drawings at a time where he may have been put to death had he been found out. What an amazingly talented man, a lantern in the darkness.

The greatest of all the old masters. Hell, the greatest artist/visionary ever. Period. Would love to see his work in person.

The world's greatest artist and inventor. Did you guys know that he created designs for a helicopter?

And considering at the time, human dissection was forbidden. One of the reason for his famous mirror writing, in case he's papers and drawings were found.