Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Libya bans religious parties

Corp

"we shall ban all religious parties. Except our own, naturally".

Religious parties should be banned. There is no place in government for religious institutions. However religious people do have a place in government but you should be there to represent the people not religion.

• Like 3

This is excellent news.

Also, Sharia Law was implemented in Ghaddafi's regime, so religious laws are not anything new.

Who cares what that country does.

If they begin to unify politically with Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan we may ALL care, soon.

• 1 month later...

I hope all countries can religious parties. Religion has no place in government. Yes it got us to where we are today but that doesnt mean we still need it.

• Like 1

I hope all countries can religious parties. Religion has no place in government. Yes it got us to where we are today but that doesnt mean we still need it.

I agree that religions should not be entwined with governments. This is why Islam is such a threat since with Islam religion IS the government through Sharia. There is no comparison with any other religion being this way. Those who toss Christianity into the same class as Islam don't know much about either. And yes if Christian fundys were allowed to run things they would make life hard on many non believers - possibly even imprisoning some. But in Islam they just kill the kaffer. With Christians in the western countries they agitate through the legal system to change things they find objectionable. In Islam Sharia IS the legal system.

• Like 2

If they begin to unify politically with Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan we may ALL care, soon.

hahahaha are you scared for your precious israel :D ? i like the idea of that nightmare facing you in your sleep heheheheonce all dictators who are keeping our people apart are gone there bound to be some changes in our attitude against each otherand that's never a bad thing .. at least not to us

hahahaha are you scared for your precious israel :D ? i like the idea of that nightmare facing you in your sleep heheheheonce all dictators who are keeping our people apart are gone there bound to be some changes in our attitude against each otherand that's never a bad thing .. at least not to us

As a matter of fact, KoS, Israel IS precious. But not just to me. And I don't really fear for Israel as much as I fear for my own country having to deal with a nuclear war that starts because of Israel kicking the crap out of their neighbors one day soon. And I happen to believe the same as you - your people will all be united in a Caliphate some day I believe. Wouldn't it be funny if the Caliph or Mahdi or whatever he's called turns out to be like Assad? It could happen, you know? And according to your Qur'an and Hadith you would HAVE to follow his will. Crawl over ice, even...

As a matter of fact, KoS, Israel IS precious. But not just to me. And I don't really fear for Israel as much as I fear for my own country having to deal with a nuclear war that starts because of Israel kicking the crap out of their neighbors one day soon. And I happen to believe the same as you - your people will all be united in a Caliphate some day I believe. Wouldn't it be funny if the Caliph or Mahdi or whatever he's called turns out to be like Assad? It could happen, you know? And according to your Qur'an and Hadith you would HAVE to follow his will. Crawl over ice, even...

israel kicking the crap out of it's nighbors hehehehe you mean the same one that failed to surpress a milita called hezboallah ? hehehor the same israel that cried out for help when arab armies attacked ? and the usa stepped in to ceasefire ? sorry .. it's just the idea sooo funny hehehehe if the mahdi tells a muslim to do something the contridct islam's teachingwe'll kick his ass and say out loud that he's a fraud are you willing to do the same in your religion ? :D seriously you need not to throw stones on people .. especially since you follow the trinity conceptwhich proves false in the bible you follow ... ohh i know you'll get angry nowbut why .. coz it's ok you insult other religions . but it's not when others do the same right ? you brought the religion topic up .. it wasn't related so don't blame me for returning your insult .. with kindess :D

israel kicking the crap out of it's nighbors hehehehe you mean the same one that failed to surpress a milita called hezboallah ? hehehor the same israel that cried out for help when arab armies attacked ? and the usa stepped in to ceasefire ? sorry .. it's just the idea sooo funny hehehehe if the mahdi tells a muslim to do something the contridct islam's teachingwe'll kick his ass and say out loud that he's a fraud are you willing to do the same in your religion ? :D seriously you need not to throw stones on people .. especially since you follow the trinity conceptwhich proves false in the bible you follow ... ohh i know you'll get angry nowbut why .. coz it's ok you insult other religions . but it's not when others do the same right ? you brought the religion topic up .. it wasn't related so don't blame me for returning your insult .. with kindess :D

You underestimate me KoS. You can say anything you like about my religion and I won't get angry. Christianity doesn't hate when others don't believe. That's Islam. And Israel didn't beat the hezzies because Ohlmert was a wuss. Hezbollywood are like a virus that has entertwined itself throughout southern Lebanon. Hiding in schools and mosques so they can use the decency of western ideals against Israel. To win against them Israel will have to truly devastate a huge part of Lebanon and hezzies are betting Israel won't have the stomach or balls to do that. When it comes to war next time I think I'll be able to pull up this thread and show where I predicted that you and others like Yamato and Acidhead and BRLD would all be crying about how horrible and vicious Israel was to kill so many in homes and schools and mosques. Hypocrites to a man, er...person...

• Like 1

You underestimate me KoS. You can say anything you like about my religion and I won't get angry. Christianity doesn't hate when others don't believe. That's Islam. And Israel didn't beat the hezzies because Ohlmert was a wuss. Hezbollywood are like a virus that has entertwined itself throughout southern Lebanon. Hiding in schools and mosques so they can use the decency of western ideals against Israel. To win against them Israel will have to truly devastate a huge part of Lebanon and hezzies are betting Israel won't have the stomach or balls to do that. When it comes to war next time I think I'll be able to pull up this thread and show where I predicted that you and others like Yamato and Acidhead and BRLD would all be crying about how horrible and vicious Israel was to kill so many in homes and schools and mosques. Hypocrites to a man, er...person...

Don't bet on it. Hezbollah would be naive in the extreme to think that.

You can both disagree with the methods of the IDF and Hamas (palestine here not lebanon). You can believe in the right of the state of Israel to exist and the rights of Palestinians.

These things are not mutually exclusive. The IDF do use vicious methods but that doesn't excuse the actions of Hamas in any way.

Israel could fold tomorrow, make peace, end the settlements, they hold the whip. Attacks would continue as there are those opposed to Israels very existence and oil money to fund them. Then the peacemakers would be traitors, hardliners elected, Merkavas would roll. Back to square one.

The Israelis are however displacing Palestinians, they aren't even enforcing Israeli law nevermind international law regarding settlements. Call me a hypocrite if you wish but I do hold democracies and allies to higher standards than Hamas who are thugs.

The same way I hold western democracies to higher standards to tin pot dictators or the Taliban.

lol i am Unlike you i don't go around to insult people's beliefs left and rightjust because i think it doesn't fit my way of thinking christians don't hold hatred ? then why the hell you hold such hatred on islam ? since you are christian then tell us why you hate islam so much ? don't bullsh""t us saying you don't you spare no chance to unleash it you even brought islam to this post of mine which has nothing to do with islam as i was talking strictly politics i honestly don't think the rest of your post this one worth replying too expecially regarding hezboallah .. am not really fan of them but no one said they're hiding in schoolsexcept israel .. and i'd be damned to believe israel i wouldn't be interested to drag this topic more off topic hurray to libya for getting rid of that nutcase and choosing their fate soon all arabs will

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

I agree that religions should not be entwined with governments. This is why Islam is such a threat since with Islam religion IS the government through Sharia. There is no comparison with any other religion being this way. Those who toss Christianity into the same class as Islam don't know much about either. And yes if Christian fundys were allowed to run things they would make life hard on many non believers - possibly even imprisoning some. But in Islam they just kill the kaffer. With Christians in the western countries they agitate through the legal system to change things they find objectionable. In Islam Sharia IS the legal system.

What a bunch of BS from you again. Oh yeah, the horrible islam. Christianity did never wrong, never killed anyone. BS. Crapp. ****.

What a bunch of BS from you again. Oh yeah, the horrible islam. Christianity did never wrong, never killed anyone. BS. Crapp. ****.

*sigh** Of course people have done horrible things under the banner of Christianity. They probably will continue to in the future in limited ways. But in today's world there can be no doubt that Islam's adherents are the one's resorting to suicide bombings and making war on the West to spread Islam. To deny this is silly, Odas. Frankly the whole fight seems to have been arranged on some cosmic level. The West needs oil and Islamic States have the most of it. Money drives the system and brings us into conflict with each other. The excuse of OBL was that the "crusaders" needed to leave the holy ground of Saudi Arabia...not gonna happen. So he and his merry band attack on 9-11 and the whole world is invited to the party. Muslims complain of "Christians" killing their people in Muslim lands and use it as an excuse for continued war. It's got nothing to do with Christianity, the motivation for the west is oil. The motivation for Muslims is "revenge" and the spreading of Islam to the whole world. Or do you deny that this is a goal written of in your holy texts?

• Like 1

*sigh** Of course people have done horrible things under the banner of Christianity. They probably will continue to in the future in limited ways. But in today's world there can be no doubt that Islam's adherents are the one's resorting to suicide bombings and making war on the West to spread Islam. To deny this is silly, Odas. Frankly the whole fight seems to have been arranged on some cosmic level. The West needs oil and Islamic States have the most of it. Money drives the system and brings us into conflict with each other. The excuse of OBL was that the "crusaders" needed to leave the holy ground of Saudi Arabia...not gonna happen. So he and his merry band attack on 9-11 and the whole world is invited to the party. Muslims complain of "Christians" killing their people in Muslim lands and use it as an excuse for continued war. It's got nothing to do with Christianity, the motivation for the west is oil. The motivation for Muslims is "revenge" and the spreading of Islam to the whole world. Or do you deny that this is a goal written of in your holy texts?

let me get this right .. when chrsitianty do something bad .. it's people doing bad things under the banner of christianity

but when islam doing something bad .. it's not people doing bad things under islamic banner .. it's the bad islam ?

double standards ? anyone ?

let me get this right .. when chrsitianty do something bad .. it's people doing bad things under the banner of christianity

but when islam doing something bad .. it's not people doing bad things under islamic banner .. it's the bad islam ?

double standards ? anyone ?

http://www.****************.com/Quran/023-violence.htm

There are over 100 examples from the Qur'an explaining, exhorting and DEMANDING violence, terror and death to unbelievers. Instances in the O.T. that called for such things ended with the Old Testament. Christians are not told to subjugate others to believe in Christ. His gift is free and those who He calls will receive it freely.

Those of Islam who are actually killing are a very small minority. The difference is that THEY are the devout while those who are NOT killing are considered weak and unobservant in the faith if you look at the standards set in the Qur'an and Hadith. KoS are you denying that the prophet is the best interpreter of Allah's word? 4:59?

http://www.thereligi...23-violence.htm

There are over 100 examples from the Qur'an explaining, exhorting and DEMANDING violence, terror and death to unbelievers. Instances in the O.T. that called for such things ended with the Old Testament. Christians are not told to subjugate others to believe in Christ. His gift is free and those who He calls will receive it freely.

Those of Islam who are actually killing are a very small minority. The difference is that THEY are the devout while those who are NOT killing are considered weak and unobservant in the faith if you look at the standards set in the Qur'an and Hadith. KoS are you denying that the prophet is the best interpreter of Allah's word? 4:59?

i can bring you too from your bible many examples that promots and demand violence or enslave people too

so why you excuse your religion and accuse other's people religion ?

it's eaither we both agree both religion is punch of crap .. or both of them hold no fault to people actions

but for you to call your religion innocent of people's mistake " which done according to some teaching of the bible "

as to strike people with swords and seize their lands etc etc etc

and then why do you hang on to hippocracy too much ?

can't you just admit that your religion has the same concepts of islam regarding violence ? " from within the bible of course "

i can post them to you if you are ignorant of your own bible's words

and i might add .. yes the bible did say you should attack , kill , enslave those who don't accept christ .. so your lie back at you

ohh boy .. unless you don't believe in the bible ? you know if you don't then you're not considered christian .. you do know that don't you ?

Deuteronomy 20:10

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the LORD your God hands the town over to you, use your swords to kill every man in the town.14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.

------------

what a barberic words ! i can't believe you reject violence in islam so much and loath it while what you believe in has such disgusting words

of murder and violence and seize of lands and enslavement of citizians women and children and theift of livestock and everything else ...

double standards ? :D

look you can't be hippocrate with me i know in the bible probably more than you do :D i've studed the whole thing

so i advice you not to throw stones while living in house of glass

your religion is full of punch violence as any other religion .. and their past is far worse than islamic past

so grab your cup of tea and drink it and let all this hatred you have on islam dissolve with alot alot of sugars .. god knows you need it

and i might add .. yes the bible did say you should attack , kill , enslave those who don't accept christ .. so your lie back at you

ohh boy .. unless you don't believe in the bible ? you know if you don't then you're not considered christian .. you do know that don't you ?

Deuteronomy 20:10

When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the LORD your God hands the town over to you, use your swords to kill every man in the town.14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.

------------

what a barberic words ! i can't believe you reject violence in islam so much and loath it while what you believe in has such disgusting words

of murder and violence and seize of lands and enslavement of citizians women and children and theift of livestock and everything else ...

double standards ? :D

look you can't be hippocrate with me i know in the bible probably more than you do :D i've studed the whole thing

so i advice you not to throw stones while living in house of glass

your religion is full of punch violence as any other religion .. and their past is far worse than islamic past

so grab your cup of tea and drink it and let all this hatred you have on islam dissolve with alot alot of sugars .. god knows you need it

If you read #18 you will see that I agreed that the Old Testament called for those things. THAT was about 3000 years ago. The teachings of Christ are my guide and He never taught subjugation of anyone to make them believe. I am not Jewish and do not care what they believe. I think they are mislead spiritually as well as Muslims. But even they don't demand that others convert to their faith. I'm not sure why you seem to want to keep denying what is obviously provably true about your religion, KoS. And what of 4:59? Is your Prophet the most knowledgeable about Allah's will or not?

As to the bolded claim...where are His words found?

Edited by and then

If you read #18 you will see that I agreed that the Old Testament called for those things. THAT was about 3000 years ago. The teachings of Christ are my guide and He never taught subjugation of anyone to make them believe. I am not Jewish and do not care what they believe. I think they are mislead spiritually as well as Muslims. But even they don't demand that others convert to their faith. I'm not sure why you seem to want to keep denying what is obviously provably true about your religion, KoS. And what of 4:59? Is your Prophet the most knowledgeable about Allah's will or not?

As to the bolded claim...where are His words found?

ohhh .. so is this how christians deal with things they don't understand or don't like in their religion ?

write new religion and call it new testamont ? to soften the cruel things that came in first old testamont ?

so it can no longer look bad ? or unacceptable ? more double standards ? :D

ohh we are mislead ? we are the ones who can't tell who god is and split the entity in 3 ? lool

tell me how can you seriously keep throwing stones at other religions out of pure hatred .. or jealousy i don't know

when in your own religion you can't tell who god is .. ohh is it the son .. or the father ? or holy spirit

ohh .. you believe it's all the one and then that makes it incest .. which is forbidden seriously

before getting blinded by your deep hatred toward other religions look at yours .. it's full of flaws

am not interested however in what your so called " men of faith " have wrote

coz we both know that your bible was never written by jesus but by people who lived ages after jesus

so that takes alot of credibility away from it

not to mention that your holy trinity is a concept came from another religion

want me to put all flaws in your religion .. i can do this till tomorrow

and trust me where ever you post your hate posts on islam .. you'd find me there :D giving you samiliar things from your religion

to show you how you use double standards ...

smell ya later :D

As far as I am concerned both your religions are morally and philosophically bankrupt.

Secularism should not be a matter of legislation, it is an ideal, an agreement between the people of a democracy that religion is separate from government. The wonderful thing about democracy though is that there are bound to be people who don't agree with even its basic tennets. It then falls to the rest of us to counter-balance those opinions.

And if you're worried about radical muslim parties, what on earth do you think outlawing them will do? It will disenchant their supporters with the democratic process, and they'll either become complacent in their duty as citizens or they'll become more and more radical. Neither of those things are desirable. Not to mention if they have enough support to warrant banning them then they have enough to disrupt or overthrow future governments.

As far as I am concerned both your religions are morally and philosophically bankrupt.

Secularism should not be a matter of legislation, it is an ideal, an agreement between the people of a democracy that religion is separate from government. The wonderful thing about democracy though is that there are bound to be people who don't agree with even its basic tennets. It then falls to the rest of us to counter-balance those opinions.

And if you're worried about radical muslim parties, what on earth do you think outlawing them will do? It will disenchant their supporters with the democratic process, and they'll either become complacent in their duty as citizens or they'll become more and more radical. Neither of those things are desirable. Not to mention if they have enough support to warrant banning them then they have enough to disrupt or overthrow future governments.

i agree religion should be seperated from goverment and laws and to be kept to one's self

which is good news what happened in lybia .. civil country is the way to go

Fantastic. Anyone who believes that people will have a better life after death, ergo will be happier dead, have no place in office.

Really? There are lots of comparisons to be made, for instance the bible has pages and pages dedicated to telling you how to act and what to do i.e. law. In the United Kingdom we already have Jewish courts, the Beth Din which allow Jews to have their own civil matters settled as long as it doesn't breach the law of our country.

You confuse the difference between cultures as the difference between religion.

Edited by Viral
  • Like 1