Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Festive, Righteous Anger": Occupy Makes a

conspiracybeliever

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracybeliever

• Royal

• DoesntReallyLike

• Rafterman

As they say, it's not a party until someone tries to blow up a bridge in Ohio.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous to proclaim your labor rights when a bad economy has made your labor worthless because nobody wants to hire you. Occupiers are like destitute relatives angrily threatening to write you out of the will if you don't comply. They are boycotting a product that nobody buys anymore. They are threatening to ban something that nobody does anymore. And then publicly act like fools in teh street on top of it.Take your labor away please, it will be less competition for people who actually want to work. The job creators in this country are the ones that are being victimized by a hostile administration under Obama ( who buy the way has supported the Occupiers in the past so he should accept responsibility for this terror attempt ). Blocking the Keystone oil pipeline for example devalues labor by reducing the demand for it because of all the jobs it could have created but never will materialize. When teh oil prices go up and companies cut back because it costs more money to transport their goods then demand for jobs is reduced. When companies move thier manufacturing to another country because they don't want to deal the government bureacracy the demand for American jobs is reduced. The government can't invest in oil which we know is profitable, but it can invest in green energy because apaprently invention is the mother of necessity. Just because the technology exists, then certainly people will buy it, just like if people are ready to work, then jobs will magically appear for them. How is that logic working out for us?

Edited by Cainiac999

It's ridiculous to proclaim your labor rights when a bad economy has made your labor worthless because nobody wants to hire you. Occupiers are like destitute relatives angrily threatening to write you out of the will if you don't comply. They are boycotting a product that nobody buys anymore. They are threatening to ban something that nobody does anymore. And then publicly act like fools in teh street on top of it.Take your labor away please, it will be less competition for people who actually want to work. The job creators in this country are the ones that are being victimized by a hostile administration under Obama ( who buy the way has supported the Occupiers in the past so he should accept responsibility for this terror attempt ).

Um..... terror attempt? :huh: And who are these people who actually want to work? PHEW! :blink:

Oh for God's sake!! This stuff didn't happen until OWS right? :rolleyes:

You're right, but that has nothing to do with the fact that OWS members wanted to blow up a bridge and kill as many innocent men, women, and children as possible.

Edited by Rafterman

Nevermind.

Edited by karmakazi

You're right, but that has nothing to do with the fact that OWS members wanted to blow up a bridge and kill as many innocent men, women, and children as possible.

From that point on, the informant was in constant touch with the group members. Their goal, one of them said, was to destroy private property "to send a message to corporations." Last November, they discussed setting off smoke grenades on Veterans Memorial Bridge in Cleveland as a diversion while they would be knocking bank signs off the tops of tall buildings downtown

And those people are not the OWS movement. They are a few members. If they actually were. We don't even know if they were. They could be planted to make the OWS movement look bad which I believe is more likely. They haven't done anything radical or even violent up to this point. Why would they all of a sudden plan to kill people? I don't believe it.

And who are these people who actually want to work? PHEW! :blink:

Believe it or not a majority of Americans want to work. They are satisfied with an honest days work for an honest day's pay. They feel a sense of accomplishment and responsibility after completing a job. They enjoy being productive members of society.

Crazy, huh?

They could be planted to make the OWS movement look bad which I believe is more likely.

You'll get ridiculed for saying this, but I also think it feels like a plant. The OWS movement may be fluid and tough to define, but it's central underlying theme is peacefulness. The only thing linking these people to OWS was their facebook pages:

On what appeared to be the Facebook pages of Hayne, Stafford and Baxter, there were claims that they were affiliated with Occupy Cleveland,

And even that link is flimsy at best. These are hardly leaders within the movement (and I would like to see what other organizations or groups they were linked to on their facebook pages). Of course the press would jump all over the OWS angle, doing anything it can to drag the movement through the mud. The press is in the back pockets of the politicians.

And if you don't believe that, I refer you to The White House Correspondents Association Dinner, an event held every year at which mainstream media members wine and dine with the people they're supposed to cover in Washington.

Here's a nice rant about that event, which echos my sentiments nicely (NSFW, language):

http://gawker.com/rants/

Believe it or not a majority of Americans want to work. They are satisfied with an honest days work for an honest day's pay. They feel a sense of accomplishment and responsibility after completing a job. They enjoy being productive members of society.

Crazy, huh?

Oh I see. That's why we have this grand baby business going on in this country. That's work right? Almost as difficult as the last welfare system we had. Maybe if you paid a little more attention to what is going on around you and less to the easy money games you could be as productive as them one day. Do you really think riding children for your welfare check is a difficult job? Do you think stealing candy from a baby is difficult too?

Oh for God's sake!! This stuff didn't happen until OWS right? :rolleyes:

The same could be said of the IRA.

There was about 1/10th as many as originally here in Portland, but they did get a permit, and they did behave themselves. But, they did tend to move Very Slowly. Traffic was tied up all day through Downtown. But, I guess that was the point.

Like 15 were arrested. Mostly for protesting after the March, AND causing trouble or directly disobeying the police. Most I think were arrested for blocking traffic following the March and after the permit expired... and after being Warned a dozen times. Most were very young people.

Overall not too bad. Most went home. Only the losers, street people and anarchists were left after the March.

http://act.alternet.org/go/18604?akid=8693.313034.uhp5_E&t=2

Yesterday, Occupy recaptured the public's attention with rallies, marches, parties, and yes, arrests all over the country.

Don't worry CB OWS will get their justice one day. All those people who were involved in destroying the American dreams will get what they deserve. Just like those self proclaimed self righteous Christians who are using the bible to as an excuse in order to continued their corruptions and hatred and intolerance will be judged accordingly when they meet their maker.

First off, most people really do want to work and make their way in the world....Second, every movement has a radical arm{ some people are just hotheads} but its my opinion that these bridge bombing conspirators just have mush for brains and could'nt think of anything else...Thirdly,the only way to make real change in this system is from within, ergo-get enough education to put yourself into the position where the ideals you hold true are your decisions{ I know that sounds like a huge obstacle,but camping out and waving signs isn't really accomplishing much}....and Lastly,it has been intimated here that the media is controlled by the politicians, and that OWS and the tea party are subsidiaries of a political party,and that just sounds counterproductive to me.

Don't worry CB OWS will get their justice one day. All those people who were involved in destroying the American dreams will get what they deserve. Just like those self proclaimed self righteous Christians who are using the bible to as an excuse in order to continued their corruptions and hatred and intolerance will be judged accordingly when they meet their maker.

I don't want to wait that long. I'd like to see them get what they deserve. I'd like to see them all pay for their crimes.

First off, most people really do want to work and make their way in the world....Second, every movement has a radical arm{ some people are just hotheads} but its my opinion that these bridge bombing conspirators just have mush for brains and could'nt think of anything else...Thirdly,the only way to make real change in this system is from within, ergo-get enough education to put yourself into the position where the ideals you hold true are your decisions{ I know that sounds like a huge obstacle,but camping out and waving signs isn't really accomplishing much}....and Lastly,it has been intimated here that the media is controlled by the politicians, and that OWS and the tea party are subsidiaries of a political party,and that just sounds counterproductive to me.

That's all very nice but there are people, lots of people that that is impossible for. THAT is the point of protesting! Another point would be that our schools suck and that's one more reason the stupid lazy and worthless welfare recipients are doing better than working people, people putting some effort into life, people who aren't just sitting around waiting for the TV to think for them and using children for a welfare check. What we really need in our schools, all of our schools, is black history!!! We need our real history, not all the lies they teach in public schools. We need Ali, Malcolm X, the Black Panthers...... we need people who tell it like it really is and was. We need The Color Purple as a text book. We need BLACK HISTORY..... we need the truth!!

That's all very nice but there are people, lots of people that that is impossible for. THAT is the point of protesting! Another point would be that our schools suck and that's one more reason the stupid lazy and worthless welfare recipients are doing better than working people, people putting some effort into life, people who aren't just sitting around waiting for the TV to think for them and using children for a welfare check.

My suggestion, and many people would be angry at me about this, is that instead of giving people tax cuts for having more kids, we need to be charging them higher taxes per head. I have always felt that if someone has one or two kids and is on welfare, that each additional kid they have options: They can either give it up for adoption to a couple who can properly support the child, or they can lose their welfare. Having babies is a choice with the exception of babies conceived during rape. I am absolutely against rewarding people for their ability to breed. I feel this would lead to greater responsibility with parents - the parents who aren't just looking for a welfare check are more likely to be more responsible for their kids. The big downside is that it could lead to more abortions :( :( :( and I'm not trying to encourage that at all.

What we really need in our schools, all of our schools, is black history!!! We need our real history, not all the lies they teach in public schools. We need Ali, Malcolm X, the Black Panthers...... we need people who tell it like it really is and was. We need The Color Purple as a text book. We need BLACK HISTORY..... we need the truth!!

I have to be honest - while I agree with your point I feel the way you presented this is unfairly skewed. I agree that all of American history should be properly represented as it happened. You seem to be suggesting that blacks are the only people who were ever treated poorly in this country and that is just as misinformed as what is taught in schools.

We should start at the beginning, at how this country really started with the judgement, war and near annihilation of the native americans. Then we can move on to slavery and continue on with the treatment of women, as in some cases they were slaves by another name. (of course that one goes well beyond the borders of this country and in far too many places continues today)

Edited by karmakazi

My suggestion, and many people would be angry at me about this, is that instead of giving people tax cuts for having more kids, we need to be charging them higher taxes per head. I have always felt that if someone has one or two kids and is on welfare, that each additional kid they have options: They can either give it up for adoption to a couple who can properly support the child, or they can lose their welfare. Having babies is a choice with the exception of babies conceived during rape. I am absolutely against rewarding people for their ability to breed. I feel this would lead to greater responsibility with parents - the parents who aren't just looking for a welfare check are more likely to be more responsible for their kids. The big downside is that it could lead to more abortions :( :( :( and I'm not trying to encourage that at all.

I have to be honest - while I agree with your point I feel the way you presented this is unfairly skewed. I agree that all of American history should be properly represented as it happened. You seem to be suggesting that blacks are the only people who were ever treated poorly in this country and that is just as misinformed as what is taught in schools.

We should start at the beginning, at how this country really started with the judgement, war and near annihilation of the native americans. Then we can move on to slavery and continue on with the treatment of women, as in some cases they were slaves by another name. (of course that one goes well beyond the borders of this country and in far too many places continues today)

I agree with you completely on not rewarding people to breed. And I think this is done for a means of control. I also agree with your idea of teaching history in our schools. I do think black history is extremely important because our society has learned nothing from that and it still goes on today. It continues with the way women are treated and thought of in this country. It is what this stereotype they have created of the single mother is all about. Slavery is alive and doing better than ever in this country. The only thing that has changed is they've learned to disguise it.

I agree with you completely on not rewarding people to breed. And I think this is done for a means of control. I also agree with your idea of teaching history in our schools. I do think black history is extremely important because our society has learned nothing from that and it still goes on today. It continues with the way women are treated and thought of in this country. It is what this stereotype they have created of the single mother is all about. Slavery is alive and doing better than ever in this country. The only thing that has changed is they've learned to disguise it.

When I was in high school we read Malcom X, Roots, etc which taught us that we've learned nothing from black history.

It was on the test:

Have you learned anything?

[ ] yes

[x] no

Edited by Cainiac999

When I was in high school we read Malcom X, Roots, etc which taught us that we've learned nothing from black history.

It was on the test:

Have you learned anything?

[ ] yes

[x] no

Funny we didn't read any of it in school. I read it on my own and I learned plenty. Like the fact that I am the ******. Our society always has to have one. Stupid white trash has to have a ******.

I personally educated myself then taught my children the real history of the world,because I knew that some of what I learned in public school was erroneous and biased..I refuse to accept that you can't learn something{anything} you want.Quit playing the blame game and give the kids a hand.

Good for you! Or is that one of the "We're heppin' the children! We gotta hep the children! They're paying the rent" messages? I'm confused.

I was just thinking how hipocritical it was of me to say"don't play the blame game" and then I turn around and blame the parents.As far as you being confused cb let me say this.....if you have children and you don't do everything you can to help them succeed ,your'e nothing but a babysitter